PDA

View Full Version : no Canadian F6B Honda Deluxe: why and when?

Mcisaacma
02-17-2014, 02:59 PM
I am a newbie and ABS or CBS are not crucial to me, but the Deluxe model options are! Help me: in Canada!!

F6B-RICH
02-17-2014, 03:22 PM
If it is the same as the U.S the Deluxe has the passenger backrest,center stand & heated grips .batman-smilie.

Miwhite
02-17-2014, 03:24 PM
I just bought a Canadian F6B in large part because of the ABS. I would not have gotten one if I lived in the US because of the lack of the availability of ABS. I don't know about CBS, I will have to wait for spring till I can ride the bike and decide if I like CBS.

Except for the yellow colour and self-canceling turn signals, you can option the Canadian bike to the Deluxe version.

Storman1969
02-17-2014, 07:20 PM
I am assuming that CBS you mean dual Combined Braking System?

ABS and CBS together sounds like a pretty good mix to me:shock:. The F6B can also be optioned up to deluxe from the dealer options it was I have been told by the dealer.

motozeke
02-17-2014, 08:41 PM
I can't recall Honda ever offering CBS as an option. Both my Hondas (2013 F6B and 2007 VFR800) have CBS, and I like it a lot. Both those bikes have excellent brakes.

On the other hand, Honda makes ABS optional or unavailable where it should just be standard. I wish they would just bite the bullet and make that happen. I think there's too many older riders who are all too happy to weigh in on how useless it is and how they'd never spend the extra money blah blah, when the truth is that nobody's better than a well-designed ABS in an emergency situation.

I broke a promise to myself in buying the F6B that I'd never buy another motorcycle again without ABS, but I wanted this bike too damn much to not do it, especially when it became clear that Honda wasn't going to correct that deficiency in 2014.

Paul B Blues
02-18-2014, 08:44 AM
We only have the Standard model F6B in the UK, no Deluxe models on sale as far as I know.:icon_rolleyes:

Storman1969
02-18-2014, 01:23 PM
Here in Canada the F6B comes with ABS and CBS std. this is off Honda Canada web site.

Honda's Dual-Combined Braking System features a second master cylinder and a three-stage proportional control valve (PCV) to couple the three-piston calipers of the dual front and single rear brake discs. Using the front brake lever activates the outer two pistons of the front right-side caliper and the centre piston of the front left-side caliper and, acting through the secondary master cylinder and an inline proportioning valve, the outer two pistons of the rear caliper. The rear brake pedal operates the centre piston of the rear brake caliper, the centre piston of the front right-side brake caliper and the outer two pistons of the front left-side caliper. A delay valve sensitive to the rider's pedal pressure smoothes front brake engagement..
Anti-lock Braking System (ABS) features an electric-motor-driven modulator that provides rapid and precise braking-pressure adjustments, resulting in smooth ABS operation. The system incorporates an integrated ECU, self-diagnostics with an interactive ECU test function, and automatic protection against system failure.

Must be why its 22999.00 here.:nono:

slather1
02-18-2014, 01:35 PM
I would give up the deluxe option for ABS availability.

opas ride
02-18-2014, 02:14 PM
Too each his own as they say, I had ABS brakes on my Victory Vision and to me, my F6B stops just as good and works fine for me...If it had come with ABS okay, but I would not pay extra for it with my style of riding.....JMHO