PDA

View Full Version : Muth Mirrors

Steve 0080
05-22-2013, 10:24 AM
http://www.muthco.com/products/vehicles/?make=Honda+Motorcycle&model=F6B&submit=Search.

I did received a call from Denise Morley of Muth Mirrors, 920-783-7611. Muth has our mirrors ready for shipment!!! Please contact Denise at her # and tell her you are from the F6B Board and she will take care of your order and give you a 10% discount. Later, she will have on their web page a link to the F6B and a code for a discount as well that I will post later.....You have a choice of two mirrors and two colors of LED's, Red and Amber.

The Web Site is Good.......Promo Code is F6B FORUM $24 Discount UPS Ground-$13

MichaelG
05-22-2013, 10:29 AM
Steve, okay, I know this is a lot silly, but...as I was rididng through a lot of rain this past few days, and I thought about the Muth mirrors, I was wondering if anyone makes a HEATED mirror, that also has the turn signal LED's in it. ?????

Steve 0080
05-22-2013, 10:43 AM
Not silly at all....I would ask Denise....you could have invented a new product for a motorcycle !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MNF6B
05-22-2013, 12:37 PM
Talked to Denise at Muth Mirrors and got my F6B blue with amber mirrors on order. She said that the web site should be updated tonight to show theses items. If you want to call she is available M-F 8-430 to take your order. They are giving 10% discounts for members of this forum.

Denise can be reached at 920-783-7611.

Rich

pblair
05-22-2013, 12:54 PM
Steve,

Thanks for the heads up. Erin has a couple on the way for her store. (I should have waited, Oh well no biggie)

Watch the web site for arrival, same price as Goldwing, shpping from Muth in 5-7 days 4 days transit. So, should be a couple of weeks.

Steve 0080
05-22-2013, 09:05 PM
The Web Site is Good.......Promo Code is F6B FORUM $24 Discount UPS Ground-$13

I would suggest the Amber LED's only because they match our rear turn signals!!!

MichaelG
05-23-2013, 10:54 AM
Okay, Steve, you made me do it. I e-mail Denise, then we talked on the phone...and I have now ordered their very first set of HEATED motorcycle mirrors, for my F6B. I am getting the chrome mirrors, not the blue ones, and they will have the 7 lights per side, in amber...and they will be heated.

For those of you that think that a heated mirror on a motorcycle is a waste of money...if you live in a area of the country where you never get below 45 dgrees, or it never rains where you live, or there is never fog where you live, or there is never snow where you live...then maybe a heated mirror would be a waste of money.

But where I live, and where I ride...a heated mirror is a safety item for me. Think about how well the heated mirrors work on your car or truck, and how they keep those mirrors rain free when it is raining, or fog free when it is foggy out, etc. The F6b has a 100 amp alternator, so it can easily handle the current draw of a heated mirror.

They are making mine now, and when I get them in about a week...I will install then, then take pictures, including the switch to turn them, on and off.

Steve 0080
05-23-2013, 02:51 PM
Yes !!! it is good to be first...I spoke w/ Denise this am and she confirmed the heated mirror option...and the 10% discount as well...installation will be on the buyer as they have no instructions, and for about $50, after discount why not???...maybe if we are real nice Miles will takes Pics and write up some instructions as well!!!!

There is an option to go with 7 LED's or 5...go big or go home!!!

P.S. ...mine are being made as well...

MNF6B
05-23-2013, 04:12 PM
Yes !!! it is good to be first...I spoke w/ Denise this am and she confirmed the heated mirror option...and the 10% discount as well...installation will be on the buyer as they have no instructions, and for about $50, after discount why not???...maybe if we are real nice Miles will takes Pics and write up some instructions as well!!!!

There is an option to go with 7 LED's or 5...go big or go home!!!

P.S. ...mine are being made as well...

Do you know what the price of the heated option is?

MichaelG
05-23-2013, 04:25 PM
Do you know what the price of the heated option is?

Yes...I do know.:icon_lol:

Okay, I will tell. My total bill for everything needed...everything...including NO shipping charges, as she is waiving my UPS charges...comes to a grand total of $ 250.00.

It came to the discounted prices of...$ 195.00 for the mirrors + $ 10.00 for the heated option + $ 45.00 for the HMOD wiring and switch unit, which all totaled up to $ 250.00. I did not ask her to waive the shipping charges, she volunteered. Now, PLEASE do not call or post to her asking for free shipping. I think she fell in love with me, and we hit it off real good. It also helps to be the first to buy heated mirrors from them, and be willing to show them off all around the country...or world. The regular price for all of this would have been...$ 298.00 + shipping charges.

Steve 0080
05-23-2013, 08:55 PM
As I remember Denise said there were $49.00 which I believe included our discount?

pblair
05-24-2013, 07:47 AM
I personally prefer the five LED mirror. The display is larger than the seven LED.

Steve 0080
05-24-2013, 09:14 AM
uummmmmm....now you tell me....oh well, I usally go big and she said it was bigger and I was hooked!

MichaelG
05-24-2013, 10:27 AM
Steve, and Philip, the actual display area of both the 5 light and the 7 light of the Muth mirrors are the same. The difference is that the 5 light units have larger (lights), and the 7 light units have smaller (lights), so that they all fit into the same area. I have to agree with Philip, on second thought, I should have gone with the 5 lights also. Let's all call Denise right this mionute and change our mirrors over to the 5 light units :shock:

I think the point is that while they both cover the same surface area, the 5 light units have larger lights, and might be easier to be seen.

But...as my old mind is thinking about this, I "think" that Denise said that the F6B lights would only be produced...originally...in a 7 light configuration...NOT the 5 light units. Philip for the 5 light units, because he modified a set that had been designed for a GL-1800 Goldwing.

MNF6B
05-24-2013, 01:17 PM
Steve, and Philip, the actual display area of both the 5 light and the 7 light of the Muth mirrors are the same. The difference is that the 5 light units have larger (lights), and the 7 light units have smaller (lights), so that they all fit into the same area. I have to agree with Philip, on second thought, I should have gone with the 5 lights also. Let's all call Denise right this mionute and change our mirrors over to the 5 light units :shock:

I think the point is that while they both cover the same surface area, the 5 light units have larger lights, and might be easier to be seen.

But...as my old mind is thinking about this, I "think" that Denise said that the F6B lights would only be produced...originally...in a 7 light configuration...NOT the 5 light units. Philip for the 5 light units, because he modified a set that had been designed for a GL-1800 Goldwing.

On the website it shows only 5 light mirrors available for F6B.
We better be careful, soon Denise will charge us for all the phone calls and changes.:icon_biggrin:

Steve 0080
05-24-2013, 03:14 PM
Maybe we should have Miles do all the calling as Denise is HIS new love interest!!!...P.S. I was FIRST with the Muth mirror, non-heated........

MNF6B
06-05-2013, 01:38 PM
Talked to Denise and my Muth mirrors should be here by Friday! Woo Hoo

pblair
06-05-2013, 02:26 PM
Maybe we should have Miles do all the calling as Denise is HIS new love interest!!!...P.S. I was FIRST with the Muth mirror, non-heated........

Did you get your Muth Mirrors installed? Pretty easy, huh. How do your like the 7 LED? 7 or 5 it is really just a matter of personal preference. You will probably be happy with either.

Steve 0080
06-05-2013, 10:17 PM
Phil, can't say as I don't have them as of yet...I did eml Denise this am and ask what the problem was...you were selling them and I was first to order and still don't have mine....she said mine were in the mail with the 7 LED's...in her words, " bigger was better" will have to wait and see....on a side note I do have my Tula Hand Wings in stock as suggested...waiting to do the mirrors so I only take it apart once.....

MichaelG
06-06-2013, 04:41 PM
Steve...PBlair...and others...I received my package from Muth today, and I got my HEATED mirrors...with the 7 LED Amber lights in them.

I am not going to rusg to install these. But they will be installed soon. When I do the install, I will take pictures of the electrical portion, switch, wiring, etc. Most of us know how to install Muth Mirrors, and hook them up to the t/s wiring, but I need to also hook up for the heated portion, and the switching.

I will post the info, and pictures, when I do this.

MNF6B
06-06-2013, 04:58 PM
Got my blue tint 7 LED amber mirrors in. I will rush right down to the basement of my parking garage to install.

Wooo Hoooo!

pblair
06-07-2013, 06:54 AM
Steve...PBlair...and others...I received my package from Muth today, and I got my HEATED mirrors...with the 7 LED Amber lights in them.

I am not going to rusg to install these. But they will be installed soon. When I do the install, I will take pictures of the electrical portion, switch, wiring, etc. Most of us know how to install Muth Mirrors, and hook them up to the t/s wiring, but I need to also hook up for the heated portion, and the switching.

I will post the info, and pictures, when I do this.

Looking forward to seeing those installed.

GiddyupF6B
06-07-2013, 09:25 AM
I checked out the website and didn't see any pics of these mirrors? Anyone have a picture to see what these bad boys look like?

Steve 0080
06-07-2013, 09:27 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GKhdOkBsPSU

MNF6B
06-07-2013, 10:06 AM
Got my blue tint 7 LED amber mirrors in. I will rush right down to the basement of my parking garage to install.

Wooo Hoooo!

Here are some pics of Muth in action. I installed Blue tint with 7 amber Led.366367368

MichaelG
06-07-2013, 07:01 PM
The installation of my new Muth....HEATED...mirrors came to an abrupt halt today, when I checked through all the items in the box that was sent to me, and I found that one of the Y connector wiring harness' that allows you to plug 'n play the Muth mirrors into the OEM turnsignal wiring harness...is missing. They only put one of the Y connector wiring harness' in the box, and I need one for each side.

I am seriously bummed out, as I decided to install these, and then do my ride down to Nor Calif next Tuesday to have Russell build my new seat.

I have already sent Denise at Muth an e-mail...tried to call them but they are closed already for the weekend, so I am SOL.

Steve 0080
06-11-2013, 08:04 PM
:jerkit: still waiting......

Steve 0080
06-12-2013, 10:33 PM
I did receive the Muth Mirrors today and installed them along with the Tulsa Hand Wings...Very easy, very nice....Had to call Tulsa as the screws were to short due to adding the Tulsa Hand Wings.....after looking for 5 x 35 SS screw all over town 1 1/2 hours later, 15 min. and all was installed...will go out in the A.M. for a 100 mile ride to check them out....Tulsa- very helpful company to deal with ***** 5 stars!

Memphian
06-13-2013, 03:34 PM
Great news Steve, I haven't ordered a set yet but they are on my list.
:clap2:

MichaelG
06-13-2013, 06:36 PM
Well, I finally did receive the missing Y connector wiring harness today, and now both of my new Muth mirrors are installed, and working great. The entire install...if parts were not missing, would be about 13.14159 minutes.

Memphian
06-13-2013, 08:07 PM
Well, I finally did receive the missing Y connector wiring harness today, and now both of my new Muth mirrors are installed, and working great. The entire install...if parts were not missing, would be about 13.14159 minutes.
Where did you place the switch for the heated portion of the mirror if you don't mind sharing.

MichaelG
06-13-2013, 08:33 PM
Where did you place the switch for the heated portion of the mirror if you don't mind sharing.

If anything...I share all too much. But since you asked, here are the pictures of the switch for the Heated mirrors, right next to the switch for the lower cowling Single Shooter LED lights. The Heated Mirrors switch is on the right.

When it is all wired up to a hot source, and toggled ON...it will show a small amber light.

Memphian
06-13-2013, 08:55 PM
Congrats on getting that together. They look like they belong there and not like an after thought.

GiddyupF6B
06-13-2013, 09:14 PM
That looks really clean Miles....nice job on the install!

Steve 0080
06-13-2013, 10:20 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lfg6er9AVLQ&feature=player_detailpage