PDA

View Full Version : Anyone with the Rivco Aero flip outs

stepbill
02-20-2014, 09:34 AM
I really like the look of the flip outs but was wondering how hard it is to open with the toe of your boot while riding?

1951vbs
02-20-2014, 10:09 AM
I really like the look of the flip outs but was wondering how hard it is to open with the toe of your boot while riding?

IMO it is not real easy. But they are easy to close with your boot. Some have drilled and tapped a small hole and added a stud and acorn nut which they say works well. I love my Rivco pegs but when I open them I just reach down and flip them out.

GiddyupF6B
02-20-2014, 10:20 AM
Almost impossible to flip out with your boot while riding without some kind of modifications. I leave mine open all the time.

GONRDN
02-20-2014, 11:01 AM
I have no problem opening them with my workboots on. You can adjust the lock nut under the peg and makes it easier to deploy.

Hornblower
02-20-2014, 01:57 PM
My solution was to stick a small dot of hook & loop material (the hook side only) under the tip. This adds just enough grip so it's easy to open and close with the toe of your boots.

BillyDaFinn
02-20-2014, 02:04 PM

No problems for me, just a flick of the toe and they pop out.

Steve 0080
02-20-2014, 02:04 PM
I had a set and ended up selling them due to short leg syndrome..... prior to ...I drilled and tapped a bolt with nut washer and it worked out real well...nice piece, very well made!!!!

****** If you have them and ever remove them MAKE SURE you use new double sided tape to re install.....don't ask how I know but a replacement is $38.00 for the Honda emblem :icon_frown:

GONRDN
02-20-2014, 02:33 PM
Hey Steve, thanks for the black brake pedal. Good price, looks awesome.

Darkknight
02-20-2014, 05:00 PM
I'm able to reach down as I ride and flip them open with my hands. Of course I try to NOT have any on-coming traffic, in case I drift a bit.:icon_redface:
Closing them is not a problem.

That may not be the best idea, but once they are open, they stay open until my riding is over.
The looks I get when people see them open and then closed is priceless.:icon_cool:

hiflyer
02-21-2014, 12:23 AM
I'M NOT REAL HAPPY WITH RIVCO TODAY. I placed an order online for the pegs, to use on my upcoming Daytona trip. Got an email this afternoon that they were backordered and would be three weeks. Emailed em back and told them that wouldn't work. After I hit the send button, I picked up the phone and called them to see if chrome (gasp!!!) were in stock. Figured the extra hundred dollars would be worth it to have some pegs for the trip. No luck, out of stock too. The kicker? They are out of stock in the shop, because they are all loaded on the truck to go to Daytona, and they wouldn't get any off for me, claimed the loaded truck was somewhere for maintenance. Fine, I'll put you on my list of products that may be great, but I'll never know, because I'll shop elsewhere. If you read this RIVCO, call me, you know who I am. I have something else to say.

BuzzzPhotos
02-21-2014, 01:00 AM
Rivco pegs work great. I like their adjustability. I have a new black set of ergo iis that are new but I didn't like their fit after seeing rivco. 100.00. For the black ethos

hiflyer
02-21-2014, 09:20 AM
I just bought a set off of ebay thanks to a tip from a forum member

hiflyer
02-28-2014, 08:59 AM
I'M NOT REAL HAPPY WITH RIVCO TODAY. I placed an order online for the pegs, to use on my upcoming Daytona trip. Got an email this afternoon that they were backordered and would be three weeks. Emailed em back and told them that wouldn't work. After I hit the send button, I picked up the phone and called them to see if chrome (gasp!!!) were in stock. Figured the extra hundred dollars would be worth it to have some pegs for the trip. No luck, out of stock too. The kicker? They are out of stock in the shop, because they are all loaded on the truck to go to Daytona, and they wouldn't get any off for me, claimed the loaded truck was somewhere for maintenance. Fine, I'll put you on my list of products that may be great, but I'll never know, because I'll shop elsewhere. If you read this RIVCO, call me, you know who I am. I have something else to say.

Ok Rivco, I'm really happy today. Even though at the time I was unable to get the pegs from you direct, I got them off Ebay. The frustration was due to the fact that I was preparing for the Daytona trip and wanting to get some pegs for that. (Let's not dicuss that I should have prepared further in advance.) So I got your product installed, and let me just say that THESE THINGS ARE REALLY WELL MADE, and the rider position for use is very comfortable. Thank you for making products for our bike, and thank you for being a forum sponsor.

F6B-RICH
02-28-2014, 09:08 AM
:clap2: :clap2: :clap2: .batman-smilie.

stepbill
02-28-2014, 02:05 PM
I was leaning towards Mick-O-Pegs but they have not returned my calls. Had some questions before I ordered. May end up going with the flip-outs. I currently have a cruiser and enjoy the wide stretched feel and was wondering if these (flip-outs) give you that or are you perty much sitting up straight?

1951vbs
02-28-2014, 02:18 PM
I was leaning towards Mick-O-Pegs but they have not returned my calls. Had some questions before I ordered. May end up going with the flip-outs. I currently have a cruiser and enjoy the wide stretched feel and was wondering if these (flip-outs) give you that or are you perty much sitting up straight?

The RIVCO pegs definately give you the wide stretched feel as they are mounted to the valve covers of a very wide engine!

Talldude
02-28-2014, 11:24 PM
Are they all black or still kinda purple like some other members reported? The powdercoat finish I am talking about.

Hornblower
03-01-2014, 08:45 AM
Are they all black or still kinda purple like some other members reported? The powdercoat finish I am talking about.

In sunlight, mine have the purple "hue" that many talk about. I assume this is typical. In most other lighting conditions, they appear black. I'm usually quite picky about things but this one doesn't bother me in the least. It's a great product.

stepbill
03-01-2014, 08:35 PM
Well, I made my decision today after talking to Jim from Mick-O-Pegs and I purchased a black set, KD, from them. Still waiting on the bike :banghead:.

d-shark
03-02-2014, 09:15 AM
I have the KA model and have been very happy I spent the extra $$$ for Mick'O Pegs. The black finish matches perfectly and is extremely durable

jlyon
03-03-2014, 02:45 PM
I used a little black rubber self-stick button on the bottom of the pegs... it provides just enough friction to let any shoe or boot grab it and flic it open...

F6BLK
06-14-2014, 09:28 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DbvZYokjnoE

Mine are open 95% of the time!! I'm always on em! Riding these I think the boot makes the difference!!

Rustysocket
06-14-2014, 10:43 PM
Nice looking highway pegs. Just curious what happens to the valve cover if the bike goes on it's side while the peg is deployed? Issue or not?

A month ago I would never has asked the question because the thought of dropping the F6B on it's side seemed like something that would never happen to me.... then it happened.. real slow in the garage.

shooter
06-15-2014, 09:04 PM
I have a set of chrome ones and I really like them. Easy to install. I can't open them with my foot. I saw a mod to drill and tap a stainless bolt in the bottom of the flip out so you can hook your boot on it and pull it out.

royr
06-16-2014, 05:05 AM
I found that if you put your toe of your shoe/boot in the middle of the peg instead of at the end, it is much easier to open them. You can also adjust the tension on the pegs to make them easier to open.