PDA

View Full Version : 2014 all Black Wing

MichaelG
02-20-2014, 04:32 PM
This is NOT intended to :icon_deadhorse:, as we have been over and over this bad paint issue...almost to the point of exhaustion, but I simply wanted to say that I went to a Honda dealership today (the name is hidden to protect the innocent dealership), and I saw for the first time the new 2014 all BLACK Goldwing 1800. Bike looks great, love the blacked out engine and wheels, just like an F6B.

But I did look at the paint, and even confirmed it with employees....the 2014 Black paint is exactly the same as the 2013 Black paint that is on the F6Bs, and this new...brand new...2014 full Goldwing, looked pretty messed up. NO improvement in the paint process.

'nough said ! :icon_frown:

:shhh:

Hornblower
02-20-2014, 04:38 PM
Bad Honda :nono:

F6B-RICH
02-20-2014, 06:16 PM
:yikes: Thanks Honda :no: .batman-smilie.

opas ride
02-20-2014, 06:41 PM
Miles, what is your take on the 2014 Valkyrie paint...Notice the web-site indicates, Metallic blue, Candy red metallic, and Black...With the metallic paint, I would assume it will be clearcoated??..No biggie.... as I am not buying one, just curious...

Texas TC
02-20-2014, 06:55 PM
I, too, have seen the new black full Wing and confirm the paint is clearly the same as that applied on the F6B. However, my clear coated 2012 full Wing was metalic red and the clear coat Honda used was soft and swirl marks were noticable fairly quickly. So, clear coat is not necessarily the answer if it is applied by Honda in Japan. In fact, my red non clear coated F6B has held up better than my '12 did.

opas ride
02-20-2014, 08:34 PM
This paint thing could drive one "nuts", some fine, some not, some issues, some none.. I wonder how much Honda really cares???..I was fortunate enough to pay the "piper" and had mine painted by dealer before delivery mainly because my wife and I did not like the two colors offered...Turns out a good move for me and I hope those with serious paint issues can find a remedy that works for them...Otherwise,this is one great bike and I so far I really enjoy mine......even though it has been sitting in the garage for over 3 months due to this terrible winter....

Deer Slayer
02-20-2014, 09:35 PM
This is NOT intended to :icon_deadhorse:, as we have been over and over this bad paint issue...almost to the point of exhaustion, but I simply wanted to say that I went to a Honda dealership today (the name is hidden to protect the innocent dealership), and I saw for the first time the new 2014 all BLACK Goldwing 1800. Bike looks great, love the blacked out engine and wheels, just like an F6B.

But I did look at the paint, and even confirmed it with employees....the 2014 Black paint is exactly the same as the 2013 Black paint that is on the F6Bs, and this new...brand new...2014 full Goldwing, looked pretty messed up. NO improvement in the paint process.

The 2013 full Wings only had clear coat if they were metallic paint. :banghead:

Paul B Blues
02-21-2014, 02:02 PM
I would have thought Honda would have listened to the complaints from it's customers, but somewhere someone is burying the evidence :diggin_smilie:

motozeke
02-21-2014, 11:07 PM
Hey, another paint thread! :excited:

Blotar
02-22-2014, 08:54 AM
I too saw first hand, messed up black paint right out of the box!
Blotar :icon_frown:

Elin in So. Cal.
02-22-2014, 10:43 PM
...and this new...brand new...2014 full Goldwing, looked pretty messed up. NO improvement in the paint process.

You just validated what I did.;sunny;