PDA

View Full Version : Mini floorboards for rider

Limbuck
05-22-2013, 12:40 PM
I've seen it on here somewhere guys but I'll throw this back out there. I'm looking for black mini-floorboards for my F6B. My left foot stays in down position and gets pretty uncomfortable after a while. I saw where the floorboards are lower and will give my big boot some breathing room. I would appreciate a source for floorboards and welcome your opinion on the subject also. I also saw where there was a concern of grinding the floorboards on the twisties. Well, back in the day...
Lastly I saw a concern about kickstand access. I'm open for advice and recommendations. I was about to try and reposition my shifter but I'd rather do this if it is feasible.

TCC
05-22-2013, 01:30 PM
Kuryakyn makes an all black mini board set that comes with the adapter for F6B and the drop mount. You can also tilt the boards forward a little bit for additional comfort. Kickstand access doesn't seem to be a problem for most riders since the boards are just over 5" long. The end of the stand is not covered by the board.

We are currently out of stock but expecting another set later this week.

http://www.texascyclechrome.com/premiumminiboardsgl18blk.aspx

Limbuck
05-22-2013, 03:12 PM
Kuryakyn makes an all black mini board set that comes with the adapter for F6B and the drop mount. You can also tilt the boards forward a little bit for additional comfort. Kickstand access doesn't seem to be a problem for most riders since the boards are just over 5" long. The end of the stand is not covered by the board.

That's the info I was looking for. Thanks brother.

Darkknight
05-30-2013, 06:07 AM
I installed the black mini-boards yesterday. Although they are a 3/4 inch drop Vs the original pegs, they are also thinner. So I expect very little reduced cornering unless I pitch them way forward or back.
Sorry about the different angles. That makes it difficult to accurately compare.

Texas TC
05-30-2013, 01:59 PM
I've had my chrome/black ones for a couple of months now and like them much better than pegs.

Darkknight
06-03-2013, 05:56 AM
changed the location of the mini boards to the farthest back adjustment. Now there is plenty of room for my boots under the shifter. :clap2:

Limbuck
06-05-2013, 08:27 PM
Got em. Quick and easy install. Love the adjustment. Was able to tilt down slightly and back them up for my size 13 boot. Reasonable cost. I am so much happier with these and they are making my whole FB6 experience much better.

F6BEE
06-06-2013, 09:09 AM
changed the location of the mini boards to the farthest back adjustment. Now there is plenty of room for my boots under the shifter. :clap2:

I did the same with mine as they are much more user friendly in that position. Also on the right side, because of the 3/4 " drop down, the rear brake pedal is easier to use.

Bruce B
06-09-2013, 10:26 PM
Installed my Kury black, drop mount mini boards yesterday in the position as shipped by the factoy. Had a problem with the tight quarters under the shifter (with only a size 11 boot). I didn't mess with them at that time because it was 108 degrees out and I was done for the day. Today I adjusted them two notches/clicks down on the forward end. End of problem. Ideal access to the shifter and also a much better position to the brake pedal. There's no need for me to consider moving the boards rearward. I've never cared for the looks of large boards. I've also imagined that they would limit my ability to flex my ankles fore and aft to change the position of my feet for comfort. These mini boards eliminate that concern. There is an additional fringe benefit. The size and shape of the boards have eliminated the tendency of my pant cuffs to try getting hung up on the pegs as I put feet down. I'm a happy camper.

jkelley
09-16-2013, 07:55 AM
I put a set on my F6B and did not like the shifter clearance, and the fact that they do in fact reduce cornering clearance. I gave them to a friend of mine that also bought an F6B and he really likes them.

Scotrod
09-16-2013, 08:38 PM
Tilted mine 1 notch down in the front. Ankles are happier and easier to upshift/brake.
Wearing steel toe Timberlands :icon_wink:

Richie
09-26-2013, 10:20 AM
Can you buy just the drop mounts and use your pegs?

Richie

Scotrod
09-26-2013, 12:52 PM
Can you buy just the drop mounts and use your pegs?

Richie

Nope. No, nada

1951vbs
09-26-2013, 01:04 PM
I bought the mini boards with drop mounts and mounted them in the furthest back position. No problem with shifter/brake actuation but I would tend to ride with my heel on the board and arch on the front edge. Just wasn't comfortable so I spent another $60 for KuryAykn Kinetic pegs and really like them. Not sure how much ground clearance I've lost for sure. The pegs are not real long and have some curve to the shape but I was dragging the mini-boards a little without trying.

Scotrod
09-26-2013, 03:20 PM
Any plans for the boards you are no longer using?

1951vbs
09-26-2013, 04:23 PM
Any plans for the boards you are no longer using?

No Plans. PM me and I will send you photos. Slight rash on bottom edge of one.

coffee_weasle
03-15-2014, 11:52 AM
I bought the mini boards with drop mounts and mounted them in the furthest back position. No problem with shifter/brake actuation but I would tend to ride with my heel on the board and arch on the front edge. Just wasn't comfortable so I spent another $60 for KuryAykn Kinetic pegs and really like them. Not sure how much ground clearance I've lost for sure. The pegs are not real long and have some curve to the shape but I was dragging the mini-boards a little without trying.

i have the mini-boards, would rather have pegs,

question.... do the kinetic pegs fit to the "drops" at the rotary spline?
i can't seem to find any picture showing the spline area

any help would be great

thanks
steve

1951vbs
03-15-2014, 06:42 PM
i have the mini-boards, would rather have pegs,

question.... do the kinetic pegs fit to the "drops" at the rotary spline?
i can't seem to find any picture showing the spline area

any help would be great

thanks
steve

Yes they will mount right up to your drop mounts. I had to take them off and go back to stock pegs because they touch down way to easy for me.

SHOCKER7718
04-16-2014, 10:16 PM

Can you make these many floorboards work on the passenger pegs area?

SHOCKER7718
04-16-2014, 10:18 PM
Installed my Kury black, drop mount mini boards yesterday in the position as shipped by the factoy. Had a problem with the tight quarters under the shifter (with only a size 11 boot). I didn't mess with them at that time because it was 108 degrees out and I was done for the day. Today I adjusted them two notches/clicks down on the forward end. End of problem. Ideal access to the shifter and also a much better position to the brake pedal. There's no need for me to consider moving the boards rearward. I've never cared for the looks of large boards. I've also imagined that they would limit my ability to flex my ankles fore and aft to change the position of my feet for comfort. These mini boards eliminate that concern. There is an additional fringe benefit. The size and shape of the boards have eliminated the tendency of my pant cuffs to try getting hung up on the pegs as I put feet down. I'm a happy camper.

Can you make these mini floorboards work on the passenger pegs area?