PDA

View Full Version : Cost of center stand

stepbill
02-21-2014, 03:05 PM
I saw where HOR is selling a center stand on ebay for $114.00 including shipping. Is this a good price? For those that have installed their own center stand, was attaching the spring hard?

bob109
02-21-2014, 03:10 PM
I saw where HOR is selling a center stand on ebay for $114.00 including shipping. Is this a good price? For those that have installed their own center stand, was attaching the spring hard?

Scored one off e-bay for $25.00. Mounting hardware was additional $30.00. Using flat washers between the spring coils made installation a breeze:icon_razz:

Here's my original post!

http://hondaf6b.com/showthread.php?162-Center-Stand-Installed

stepbill
02-21-2014, 03:21 PM
Scored one off e-bay for $25.00. Mounting hardware was additional $30.00. Using flat washers between the spring coils made installation a breeze:icon_razz:

Here's my original post!

http://hondaf6b.com/showthread.php?162-Center-Stand-Installed

Thanks!!! I went to the honda parts fiche and looked up the individual parts and it way exceeds that price.

Steve 0080
02-21-2014, 03:29 PM
Buy it !!!!!! or check Ebay!

MichaelG
02-21-2014, 04:27 PM
stepbill, most of us that are buying the centerstands, are paying anwhere from $ 25.00 to $ 100.00. I got mine from HOR...was found on ebay, but I called them directly, and bought it, shipped to my house and total charge was $ 10.00, and it did include everything needed...meaning all the parts kit.

You do need to make sure the one you buy has ALL the parts and pieces, or...you will have to find them elsewhere.

You can do like bob109 did to install the spring, or like I did, which was simply to use a spring tool, or a phillips screwdriver, and stretch the spring just enough to get it to slide into place. Easy peasy.

NCF6B
02-21-2014, 06:14 PM
An alternate to attaching the spring is to use a piece of strong twine with 2 small loops one at each end. One hooks on the end of the spring the other attached to the screwdriver Miles suggests. The twine allows you to maneuver the end of the spring to attach it easier. the screw driver let's you pull on the spring to stretch it. Mine was a tough stretch. That combination "got er done". That's also how my local mechanic does it. "For What it's Worth". ncf6b

Ericb445
02-21-2014, 08:19 PM
I bought my center stand from HOR on ebay for the same buy it now price.
Install is pretty straight forward. I used a old belt to stretch the spring into place took some muscle,but I got it done. Worth every penny:icon_wink:

stepbill
02-21-2014, 10:11 PM
I bought my center stand from HOR on ebay for the same buy it now price.
Install is pretty straight forward. I used a old belt to stretch the spring into place took some muscle,but I got it done. Worth every penny:icon_wink:

Eric, you brought back memories. I was stationed at Blytheville AFB in Arkansas in 1988 and had to go to Scott AFB in your home town to have my knee operated on. Not sure if it was good or bad memories but it is now memories.

bigdew
02-21-2014, 10:32 PM
I did like some on here had did. I searched ebay for Goldwing centerstand and as long as it is off a newer model from 2002-present it will work. I found the cheapest one and ordered parts from Honda if I was missing any of the parts kit. I think I came out in the end paying only $35 total for mine.

Ericb445
02-27-2014, 08:29 PM
Eric, you brought back memories. I was stationed at Blytheville AFB in Arkansas in 1988 and had to go to Scott AFB in your home town to have my knee operated on. Not sure if it was good or bad memories but it is now memories.

Small world.
My First Base in the Air Force was Seymour Johnson Air Force Base, Goldsboro, NC...
When I got my orders at tech school I thought someone was messing with me ...................Seymour Johnson? Really See-More-Johnson?
This can NOT be a REAL Air Force Base?
Who is the Base Commander Colonel Sanders?