PDA

View Full Version : Thinking about a New Goldwing

Mustangjake
02-21-2014, 10:20 PM
Thinking about trading my F6B on the new 2014 blue wing!
Just having a hard time parting with my F6B
U guy want hate me will u :(

Deer Slayer
02-21-2014, 10:29 PM

Can you say second Wing? :yikes:

austin_tech
02-21-2014, 11:12 PM

The sales guy will love you :icon_lol:

MichaelG
02-21-2014, 11:51 PM
Jake, that new Blue color is really nice. One of the best colors I have EVER seen on a Wing. And personally, I can understand the WHY of making the change, so NO...I will not hate you.:icon_wink:

RickW
02-22-2014, 06:29 AM
Can you say second Wing? :yikes:

I think he is right. Two bikes is the way to go.

Mustangjake
02-22-2014, 07:15 AM
If Miles is going to hate me I will just say NO.
I can't afford 3 bikes as I already have 2.

Blotar
02-22-2014, 07:43 AM
Multiple bike syndrome... it's a disease. the degree to which the infection can spread depends on the size of your garage Blotar:icon_biggrin:

MichaelG
02-22-2014, 09:38 AM
If Miles is going to hate me I will just say NO.
I can't afford 3 bikes as I already have 2.

No...I said I would NOT hate you. Please..buy another bike, and make it a 2014 Blue Goldwing...I will not hate you. :icon_frown:

Scotrod
02-22-2014, 09:46 AM
Each of us have their own needs. If the full-Wing is a better match for ya, do it! :yes:

I'd like to think that if any of us wanted a full wing, we'd have bought one i.s.o. the 6. but, such is life! :icon_biggrin:

jakec
02-22-2014, 09:53 AM
Mustang who???:icon_biggrin:

opas ride
02-22-2014, 10:48 AM
It's your money and your life...Do what makes you happy and enjoy!! BTW, I hate you cause I can only afford 1 bike...(Just Kidding)...

Sorcerer
02-22-2014, 01:37 PM
From what I have read the paint is still soft even on the new wings. Paint the F6B and have what you really want.

Mustangjake
02-22-2014, 06:32 PM
We'll I didn't buy it today but I am still thinking about it.

motozeke
02-23-2014, 10:24 AM
I think the F6B was a smart development for Honda because it pulled new customers into the Goldwing line. But the full Wing is still probably going to outsell the F6B at something like a 5-1 rate (I dunno, just pulling that out of my heiney), maybe 10-1, because many if not most buyers want the rest of what the full Wing offers. Nothing wrong with that.

I never considered a Goldwing before the F6B, but now that I own my F6 I can see getting a full Goldwing one of these days, especially if my wife takes to riding with me.

choptop
02-23-2014, 12:14 PM
especially if my wife takes to riding with me.

My biggest fear is that the passenger seat will be to comfortable and she will want to ride with me more.:shock:

Philbert40
02-23-2014, 12:23 PM
Ok...I look at it this way.... The full, fat, goldwing is "Grandpas" motorcouch. But the F6B keeps us all young & fast! Stay young my friend...stay young!

choptop
02-23-2014, 12:50 PM
Ok...I look at it this way.... The full, fat, goldwing is "Grandpas" motorcouch. But the F6B keeps us all young & fast! Stay young my friend...stay young!

I concur, I would never have considered purchasing a Goldwing had it not been for the F6b and I do not see myself ever wanting a full blown Goldwing.

MichaelG
02-23-2014, 12:59 PM
I concur, I would never have considered purchasing a Goldwing had it not been for the F6b and I do not see myself ever wanting a full blown Goldwing.

Oh...Mark and Phil, you must not have read my post on the other thread:

"I hear a lot of forum members saying that they would have never own a full sized/full blown Goldwing...either due to the size...the trunk...or the image of being a old man's bike. But I think that ANY motorcycle you own can be ridden to be THEE bike you want, whether it is a full Golfwing, or a V-strom 650, or a old BSA Lightning 650. It is the rider that dictates what that bikes is...and what it means to them, and where they ride it. I think "most" of us know that, but when I see so many say they would not have owned a full Goldwing, it "bugs" me a little. (just a little) :icon_wink:

All of my previous Goldwings that I have owned, were ridden like they were a ST-1100 or a ST-1300, and at times...like they were a CBR1100-XX Blackbird. It is a matter of how you ride, where you ride, and your mindset on that particular bike. I have taken a Goldwing 1500...and blown away competing BMW K1100LTs and K1100RSs, and ST-1100's at endurance rallies, and I mean it really shocked some of these other riders when a Blacked out Goldwing 1500 blows past them in the middle of the night...in the middle of the Nevada desert, and they wonder how that Wing is traveling at those speeds, or handling those curves like that.

To me, the Goldwing 1800 is truly a SPORT touring bike. I used all of my previous Goldwing 1800s as a endurance riding tool, so even the trunk on the back was utilized for long distance/endurance riding capabilities...even if it meant storing a couple nitrous bottles in there. :shhh:

Any motorcycle...is what YOU make of it. There are some darn good riders out there...i.e., Big Dawg on his 2012 GL-1800 Wing, that can outride a lot of sportbike riders. Same is true with Suzuki V-Strom 650 riders...and just about any bike made...it is more about the rider...than it is the bike.

Make the most of the bike you have, be one with your bike...get to know it so well that you and it can fly like an Eagle (or Seahawk) :icon_mrgreen:

Styling is one thing, and the F6B is a great looking bike. " .batman-smilie.

choptop
02-23-2014, 01:25 PM
Oh...Mark and Phil, you must not have read my post on the other thread:

"I hear a lot of forum members saying that they would have never own a full sized/full blown Goldwing...either due to the size...the trunk...or the image of being a old man's bike. But I think that ANY motorcycle you own can be ridden to be THEE bike you want, whether it is a full Golfwing, or a V-strom 650, or a old BSA Lightning 650. It is the rider that dictates what that bikes is...and what it means to them, and where they ride it. I think "most" of us know that, but when I see so many say they would not have owned a full Goldwing, it "bugs" me a little. (just a little) :icon_wink:

All of my previous Goldwings that I have owned, were ridden like they were a ST-1100 or a ST-1300, and at times...like they were a CBR1100-XX Blackbird. It is a matter of how you ride, where you ride, and your mindset on that particular bike. I have taken a Goldwing 1500...and blown away competing BMW K1100LTs and K1100RSs, and ST-1100's at endurance rallies, and I mean it really shocked some of these other riders when a Blacked out Goldwing 1500 blows past them in the middle of the night...in the middle of the Nevada desert, and they wonder how that Wing is traveling at those speeds, or handling those curves like that.

To me, the Goldwing 1800 is truly a SPORT touring bike. I used all of my previous Goldwing 1800s as a endurance riding tool, so even the trunk on the back was utilized for long distance/endurance riding capabilities...even if it meant storing a couple nitrous bottles in there. :shhh:

Any motorcycle...is what YOU make of it. There are some darn good riders out there...i.e., Big Dawg on his 2012 GL-1800 Wing, that can outride a lot of sportbike riders. Same is true with Suzuki V-Strom 650 riders...and just about any bike made...it is more about the rider...than it is the bike.

Make the most of the bike you have, be one with your bike...get to know it so well that you and it can fly like an Eagle (or Seahawk) :icon_mrgreen:

Styling is one thing, and the F6B is a great looking bike. " .batman-smilie.

No Miles, I did not read your other post, my comment was a stand alone comment, per say, on how I have felt about bikes the majority of my riding life, did not get into riding till about 20 years ago. I have always been about looks, the way I like a bike, that I ride , to look, and I am still about that. Always wanted to have something a little different than everybody else. Didn't worry, to much, about seat comfort, radio,my passengers comfort... I always loved the way the newer Goldwings looked from the front, the lines of the fairing, the windshield but beyond that it was not my cup of tee, even though I new it was a far superior bike, in so many ways, to what I have ever had. Had the F6b not come along, I would have purchased a Harley bagger, still knowing that the Goldwing was a superior bike. Then I saw the F6b, yes a Goldwing, but beautiful to me from the front, side and back, something different and a far superior bike than I have ever had. And by the way, I am sure I will bug you more than once, in the future.:icon_wink:

MichaelG
02-23-2014, 02:03 PM
No Miles, I did not read your other post, my comment was a stand alone comment, per say, on how I have felt about bikes the majority of my riding life, did not get into riding till about 20 years ago. I have always been about looks, the way I like a bike, that I ride , to look, and I am still about that. Always wanted to have something a little different than everybody else. Didn't worry, to much, about seat comfort, radio,my passengers comfort... I always loved the way the newer Goldwings looked from the front, the lines of the fairing, the windshield but beyond that it was not my cup of tee, even though I new it was a far superior bike, in so many ways, to what I have ever had. Had the F6b not come along, I would have purchased a Harley bagger, still knowing that the Goldwing was a superior bike. Then I saw the F6b, yes a Goldwing, but beautiful to me from the front, side and back, something different and a far superior bike than I have ever had. And by the way, I am sure I will bug you more than once, in the future.:icon_wink:

Choptop, first...well written. Secondly, I wanted to edit my long post above, to include a little bit of riding history on HDs, to make you feel more at home.
:icon_cool:

Back in '91, I rode my '89 FLHT-C to a BMW rally up in Lower British Columbia, just south of Penticton. At this rally of about 250 bikes, there were a total of two HDs, maybe two Yamahas, maybe two Suzuki, maybe two Honda...and all the rest were BMWs. It was, after all, a BMW rally.
During the weekends event, they has field events, on the bikes, and I mean it was a serious hardcore FIELD...not a paved parking lot, but a field with gophoer mounds, lumps of grass, etc. There were 7 field events that solo riders could enter. At the end of the day...at the nights dinner party...they handed out the awards for the field events. When all was said and done, I rode that '89 Electra Glide to 7 first place finishes, and made sure I wore my dirtiest HD t-shirt at the awards party, so I could walk up to the front 7 times to receive my little trophies. It was hilarious, and showed all those BMW riders that an full dressed HD could out-perform all their BMWs in handling skills.

A good time was had by...some. :icon_mrgreen:

choptop
02-23-2014, 02:06 PM
Choptop, first...well written. Secondly, I wanted to edit my long post above, to include a little bit of riding history on HDs, to make you feel more at home.
:icon_cool:

Back in '91, I rode my '89 FLHT-C to a BMW rally up in Lower British Columbia, just south of Penticton. At this rally of about 250 bikes, there were a total of two HDs, maybe two Yamahas, maybe two Suzuki, maybe two Honda...and all the rest were BMWs. It was, after all, a BMW rally.
During the weekends event, they has field events, on the bikes, and I mean it was a serious hardcore FIELD...not a paved parking lot, but a field with gophoer mounds, lumps of grass, etc. There were 7 field events that solo riders could enter. At the end of the day...at the nights dinner party...they handed out the awards for the field events. When all was said and done, I rode that '89 Electra Glide to 7 first place finishes, and made sure I wore my dirtiest HD t-shirt at the awards party, so I could walk up to the front 7 times to receive my little trophies. It was hilarious, and showed all those BMW riders that an full dressed HD could out-perform all their BMWs in handling skills.

A good time was had by...some. :icon_mrgreen:

:biggthumpup:

Scotrod
02-23-2014, 08:03 PM
We'll I didn't buy it today.

Why not?

I (still) have no need for what a full wing offers,,,, (Kinda like a single guy doesn't need a decked-out station wagon. :yikes:)

Mustangjake
02-23-2014, 08:11 PM
I have no need for it. it's just cool

BuzzzPhotos
02-23-2014, 10:52 PM
I have no need for it. it's just cool

Yes, it's real cool but that yellow F6B is my new favorite. Ya know my wife already hates you guys & this forum for all the great recommendations I've collected - and the new parts. If I could just ride like Miles it'd really be great.

slather1
02-24-2014, 10:50 AM
I tried to order a Yellow Deluxe but was told not available. I could get a 2014 Black deluxe or a 2014 Yellow base model.

Mustangjake
02-24-2014, 11:07 AM
I'm sure Miles spends a lot of money on assessories also.