PDA

View Full Version : Torq Master Exhaust

Texas TC
05-22-2013, 02:10 PM
I am not in the market for a set of pipes. However, I dropped by Al Lambs Dallas Honda today and they had installed a set of black chrome Torq Master pipes on a new F6B on the showroom floor. Al started it up for me and it had a real sweet, mellow, not too loud, tone. If I were in the market, these looked like a great application.:bowdown:

KGREEN
05-22-2013, 03:11 PM
Did it also have the torque loopz installed?

Texas TC
05-22-2013, 04:43 PM
Not on this application.

MSGT-R
05-22-2013, 09:06 PM
Jimmy himself @ Torq Master says that the torq loops won't help this newer bike. They work best on the GL1500.. I heard him say that, when I was ready to buy a set.

MercuryF1
05-23-2013, 12:25 PM
Any pics of black chrome pipes on the F6B? Would love to see how it looks on the bike.

Texas TC
05-23-2013, 02:05 PM
MSGT-R has posted pics of hers with the black chrome Torq Masters . I hope when she reads this, she will re-post again here. I hate to plagerize her posts. Her bike looks really nice.

Phantom
05-23-2013, 02:13 PM
MSGT-R had the images on here before the Server Crash, I will send her a PM and request a re-post :cheers:

MSGT-R
05-23-2013, 07:27 PM
Okay.. I've been out in the driveway, working on a KLR650; got it pretty dirty in Moab last weekend :icon_mrgreen:

http://p1.bikepics.com/2013/03/02/bikepics-2522784-full.jpg

http://p1.bikepics.com/2013/03/04/bikepics-2524008-full.jpg

http://p1.bikepics.com/2013/03/04/bikepics-2524009-full.jpg

http://p1.bikepics.com/2013/03/17/bikepics-2530391-full.jpg

And the pictures on Corbin's webpage:

http://www.corbin.com/honda/hf6bdte.shtml

They forgot to wipe off the fingerprints. :icon_rolleyes:

If you don't like them sticking out the back, ask Jimmy to make them 2" shorter when you order. He also will get your covers plated at the same time. I'm not sure if he got a couple of sets pre-done for stock..

MercuryF1
05-23-2013, 11:23 PM
MSGT-R has posted pics of hers with the black chrome Torq Masters . I hope when she reads this, she will re-post again here. I hate to plagerize her posts. Her bike looks really nice.

You are certainly right ... about her bike looking really nice!!! :clap2:

Darkknight
05-30-2013, 06:36 AM
I can't wait any longer.
I was convinced I wanted the cobra 6X2. Cobra couldn't give exact dates for release and a black version was even further out. What to do with the clamp cover if I waited for the black unit was another question.

I like the look of these King Snake pipes from Torq Master. It's a toss up between the Snakes and the Daytonas. Jimmy answered my questions about the clamp cover. He can build the pipes now! The Black ones are special order. This just feels right.

I'm in Ct so I have to wait for the sun to come up on the west coast before I can call. Jimmy will hear from me and my Visa card this AM!:yes:

Texas TC
05-30-2013, 07:35 AM
From what I saw, I really believe that you will be more than pleased with these pipes. I am having a heck of a time not going down and buying a set for my F6B. My dealer has both chrome and black in stock!

Texas TC
05-30-2013, 01:24 PM
Damn, I broke down and bought a set this morning. I went with the chrome version for my red Deluxe. Had the dealer install and rode it home. I really like the sound. It is like a small block V8 engine with Flowmasters installed. I could still hear the radio at 80 mph so they are not obnoxiously loud. I did leave the baffles in and that makes for the perfect sound for my taste.

This is the first thing I have bought for the F6B that has no purpose other than making noise. I swore I was only going to purchase functional items for this motorcycle. Oh well, you only live once! :icon_doh:

MercuryF1
05-30-2013, 03:01 PM
Looking good!:clap2:

slather1
05-30-2013, 03:20 PM
What is the cost for these pipes in black?

Texas TC
05-30-2013, 04:02 PM
What is the cost for these pipes in black?
The black chrome pipes are $699 at Wingstuff. The chrome is $499 same source and that is the price I paid locally. I think the process costs more and you may get some matching shields with the black chrome. With the chrome, the stock exhaust shields are used.

http://wingstuff.com/products/786-gl1800-f6b-daytona-power-mufflers-chrome-or-custom-made-black-nickel?context=performance_exhaust-f6b

Texas TC
05-31-2013, 09:56 AM
I have put about a hundred or so miles on the new pipes and love them. However, one of the things that makes them cool also makes them dangerous. The edges of the pipes pertruding back past the saddlebags are SHARP. I have a nice gash in my right shin to prove it. Be careful out there, there are hidden dangers everywhere. LOL.

Alberta Beagle
05-31-2013, 10:14 AM
I have put about a hundred or so miles on the new pipes and love them. However, one of the things that makes them cool also makes them dangerous. The edges of the pipes pertruding back past the saddlebags are SHARP. I have a nice gash in my right shin to prove it. Be careful out there, there are hidden dangers everywhere. LOL.

Well Tex for a guy not in the market that didn't take you too long to be IN the market!!! LOL

The pipes look great and I like the chrome!!!! Too bad about the shin. Rolled edges on those pipes would be awesome.

Texas TC
05-31-2013, 11:44 AM
Man do I agree that rolled edges would be great. However, they would also be more expensive. $499 for chrome pipes is really pretty reasonable I think. I am contemplating getting small orange safety cones for my garage. LOL.

Alberta Beagle
05-31-2013, 12:00 PM
Man do I agree that rolled edges would be great. However, they would also be more expensive. $499 for chrome pipes is really pretty reasonable I think. I am contemplating getting small orange safety cones for my garage. LOL.

I couldn't agree more that at $499 they are a great buy and look great. I have an old pair of hockey shin pads I could send you!!!! :icon_biggrin:

Texas TC
05-31-2013, 02:03 PM
I couldn't agree more that at $499 they are a great buy and look great. I have an old pair of hockey shin pads I could send you!!!! :icon_biggrin:

Hockey shin pads, eh? Never considered that. LOL.:021:

MSGT-R
06-01-2013, 09:22 AM
Send Jimmy a feedback suggesting he make a pair 2" shorter. We discussed that point when he did mine. He was a little concerned that people may not like the tips that stick out the back. It's a simple thing for him to trim before it goes in for plating. And yes, the stock covers need to be plated too. He was looking into buying a couple of sets when he did mine. I traded the set he had done with mine when he did the fitment.

(yes, it's Saturday and I'm back for the weekend).

Texas TC
06-01-2013, 11:08 PM
I actually like the way they fit including the fact they stick out the back. I just have to remember they are there when I walk around the back of the motorcycle. That is a little difficult for an old guy. LOL.

Darkknight
06-03-2013, 05:51 AM
I've been calling and Emailing Jimmy from torq master for the black set but voice mail is full.:icon_frown:
I will try again this week. Black is special order and the covers should be done at the same time.
Maybe he went up to Americade in NY, but that is a long way from CA.

MSGT-R
06-03-2013, 09:41 AM
If not at a motorcycle event, he may be on an off-roading trip in Baja; he'll be back.

F6B-RICH
06-03-2013, 10:03 AM
I've been calling and Emailing Jimmy from torq master for the black set but voice mail is full.:icon_frown:
I will try again this week. Black is special order and the covers should be done at the same time.
Maybe he went up to Americade in NY, but that is a long way from CA.

Please keep us informed.I am very interested in the black chrome ones also. Wow :yikes: picking up bike tomorrow :banana: and I want pipes already :banghead:

Texas TC
06-03-2013, 10:21 AM
Did you guys check with your Honda dealers? My dealer keeps both chrome and black in stock for accessorizing the bikes they sell.

Steve 0080
06-03-2013, 03:35 PM
Sweet !!!!! I had mine done so they go out the back!!!!

Darkknight
06-05-2013, 05:04 AM
OK, I've contacted Jimmy at Torq Master. I ordered the Black Chrome Daytona's. They will be sent out to coating this week so I imagine I'll have them and post some pictures in a couple weeks. :clap2:

The deal on coating the front clamp covers is you can send your covers in and have them coated with the new pipes or Jimmy will supply covers and charge you for them. If you send him your covers (in perfect condition) he will credit you for the cost of the supplied covers (minus the coating charge I imagine).

Black is "special order" and he doesn't have them on the shelf coated. The chrome units he does have ready to go.

I really must lock up my Visa Card.....:money1:

Limbuck
06-05-2013, 08:20 PM
Yall are killing me, and soon my VISA. I'm close to pulling the trigger. I'd like to hear more from you guys about the sound. I want to hear the power, but not too loud. Thanks.

Darkknight
06-06-2013, 05:53 AM
When I place the order with Jimmy at Torq Master, he asked about what I was looking for as far as loudness.
I wanted louder than stock but not really obnoxious. I told him if I was riding along side a car with a texting driver I'd want that driver to know I was there (hear me). He said he understood, and he also said he had small baffles that I could install if my passenger found the sound annoying during a long trip. They could be removed when I reach my destinatioin.

It may just be me, but I really liked the personal touch of talking to the man that actually builds the stuff.

MSGT-R
06-06-2013, 10:15 PM
Yeah, he's been doing this for a long time. He used to be a factory racer back-in-the-day.

yellowskeeter1
06-07-2013, 08:56 AM
Anyone like Jet hot or any Ceramic coater can coat the chrome covers leading to your pipes. I had mine done at http://www.polydyn.com/index.htm here in Houston.

MSGT-R
06-07-2013, 09:07 AM
I've done JetHot to manifolds before, but never any bike parts so far.

If you have a turbo, use JetHot 2000 on the exhaust manifold; the normal coating will burn off the exhaust manifold inside of a year (temps are too high).

MercuryF1
06-26-2013, 03:00 AM
I like the look of these King Snake pipes from Torq Master. It's a toss up between the Snakes and the Daytonas. Jimmy answered my questions about the clamp cover.

Did you decide on the King Snake or Daytonas? what are you going to do about the exhaust covers?

I like the Inverted King Snakes done in black nickel! Kinda matches the slope of the rear saddlebags... I have just emailed Wingstuff to see if it is possible to order them in black nickel since they don't offer this option on their website.

Darkknight
06-26-2013, 04:27 AM
I ordered the Daytonas... just an update:

I spoke to Jimmy at torqmaster yesterday(6/27/13). I ordered the black pipes on 6/6 and was still waiting yesterday. They were sent back for recoat. Jimmy said he didn't like them so he sent them back and will call me today to tell me where in the process they are and when I might expect them.

So there are 2 ways to think about this...
1)It's a new process and there will be bumps in the road. Do I want to be the Guinea Pig and pay big dollars to do it?
2)Jimmy won't let anything but the best pass his inspection so we will be satisfied down the road.

Well, we are going to pay big dollars for black pipes from any manufacturer.
I'm taking the leap of faith and going with option #2 at this point. Betting the Jimmy is a perfectionist and will deliver a super quality product.

I'll update this post after I hear what's going on.

GiddyupF6B
06-26-2013, 06:40 AM
I ordered the Daytonas... just an update:

I spoke to Jimmy at torqmaster yesterday(6/27/13). I ordered the black pipes on 6/6 and was still waiting yesterday. They were sent back for recoat. Jimmy said he didn't like them so he sent them back and will call me today to tell me where in the process they are and when I might expect them.

So there are 2 ways to think about this...
1)It's a new process and there will be bumps in the road. Do I want to be the Guinea Pig and pay big dollars to do it?
2)Jimmy won't let anything but the best pass his inspection so we will be satisfied down the road.

Well, we are going to pay big dollars for black pipes from any manufacturer.
I'm taking the leap of faith and going with option #2 at this point. Betting the Jimmy is a perfectionist and will deliver a super quality product.

I'll update this post after I hear what's going on.

I ordered a set of black chrome Daytona's with front shields as well on 6-19. I feel fairly confident after talking with Jimmy on the phone several times that he will deliver us a quality product. I also believe if for some reason down the road we have quality issues that he will stand behind his product (providing that we have taken care of them). This is just a gut feeling from several conversations and I obviously have no factual history to back this up but I've ordered tons of bike parts from many different vendors and have a good feeling about this guy. Time will tell.......I hope I don't have to wait a month for my pipes, I'm foaming at the mouth here! Bike only has 300 miles on it and I already have a scary amount of stuff on the way. Can't wait to start modding this beast! Giddy

F6B-RICH
06-26-2013, 07:49 AM
I ordered a set of black chrome Daytona's with front shields as well on 6-19. I feel fairly confident after talking with Jimmy on the phone several times that he will deliver us a quality product. I also believe if for some reason down the road we have quality issues that he will stand behind his product (providing that we have taken care of them). This is just a gut feeling from several conversations and I obviously have no factual history to back this up but I've ordered tons of bike parts from many different vendors and have a good feeling about this guy. Time will tell.......I hope I don't have to wait a month for my pipes, I'm foaming at the mouth here! Bike only has 300 miles on it and I already have a scary amount of stuff on the way. Can't wait to start modding this beast! Giddy

:agree: ordered mine as well a week ago.Jimmy seems like a great guy and time will tell about his product.He told me the pipes are made he just needs to send them out for the black chrome so I can't see that being that long of a wait. :iduno:

MercuryF1
06-26-2013, 11:14 AM
Does Jimmy offer a cheaper price then Wingstuff? Is Wingstuff te reason why he doesn't ship to California?

Dmoon64
06-26-2013, 01:26 PM
They look nice. Are there any dyno figures for these pipes?

MercuryF1
06-26-2013, 09:16 PM
Since jimmy doesn't ship to California, I made an enquiry through WIngstuff. This was their response:

"Hello Simon,

I got hold of Torq Master and asked you question of them. The Inverted King Snakes are available in Black Nickle, but are a special order item and will take at least three weeks to manufacture before they can be shipped. Price of the mufflers are $899.

If you have an interest, please give me a call at the number below."

:yikes: $899? :wrong:

F6B-RICH
06-26-2013, 10:51 PM
Since jimmy doesn't ship to California, I made an enquiry through WIngstuff. This was their response:

"Hello Simon,

I got hold of Torq Master and asked you question of them. The Inverted King Snakes are available in Black Nickle, but are a special order item and will take at least three weeks to manufacture before they can be shipped. Price of the mufflers are $899.

If you have an interest, please give me a call at the number below."

:yikes: $899? :wrong:

You should check to see if that price has the core charges in it for the shields.If it does you get back around $200-$300(can't remember the core charges) after you ship your chrome ones back to Jimmy.

Darkknight
06-27-2013, 04:35 AM
That price $899, is not with the core charge. My price was over $1K ($1099 I believe) with the core charge being returned after my shields were inspected by Jimmy and found to be acceptable.

Jimmy was to call me about the black pipes and the re-coating progress. Either I missed his call or he forgot. I'll call him this morning (west coast time, this afternoon EST) to see if I can get an Idea when I can expect these pipes.

MercuryF1
06-27-2013, 04:48 AM
Chrome King Snakes retails for $474.00. Black Chrome King Snakes retails for $899.00
Doing the maths, the process of black chroming a pair of pipes must therefore cost $425.00!

:shock:

Chrome Daytonas retails for $474.00. Black Chrome Daytonas retails for $664.00
Black chroming Daytonas cost $190.00

As for as I can see, the difference between the Torq Master King Snakes and the Daytonas, are just the way the tips are cut!

GiddyupF6B
06-27-2013, 04:59 AM
Chrome King Snakes retails for $474.00. Black Chrome King Snakes retails for $899.00
Doing the maths, the process of black chroming a pair of pipes must therefore cost $425.00!

:shock:

Chrome Daytonas retails for $474.00. Black Chrome Daytonas retails for $664.00
Black chroming Daytonas cost $190.00

As for as I can see, the difference between the Torq Master King Snakes and the Daytonas, are just the way the tips are cut!

That price has to be due to a different manufacturing process maybe due to California emissions? Black chrome pipes are $699 and then a refundable core of $260 for front shields done in black chrome. My card was charged $959 for black chrome Daytona's.

Darkknight
06-27-2013, 08:12 AM
Well now, That's discouraging... My card was charged $1099.00 on 6/5. I went direct to Jimmy at TorqMaster for the Black Daytona pipes that I'm still waiting for.
Hmmm.:icon_frown:

Are you going through wingstuff? maybe they get a discount?

The torqmaster web page says chrome daytona's retail for $499. Not $474. That's not a big difference but If I could have gotten charged less for the pipes I haven't received I would feel a little better. You can probably tell I'm getting more disapointed by the minute...

F6B-RICH
06-27-2013, 08:13 AM
That price $899, is not with the core charge. My price was over $1K ($1099 I believe) with the core charge being returned after my shields were inspected by Jimmy and found to be acceptable.

Jimmy was to call me about the black pipes and the re-coating progress. Either I missed his call or he forgot. I'll call him this morning (west coast time, this afternoon EST) to see if I can get an Idea when I can expect these pipes.

I ordered black chrome Daytona's and I did not pay over a grand thats for sure

F6B-RICH
06-27-2013, 08:15 AM
That price has to be due to a different manufacturing process maybe due to California emissions? Black chrome pipes are $699 and then a refundable core of $260 for front shields done in black chrome. My card was charged $959 for black chrome Daytona's.

:agree: thats around what I paid.

MercuryF1
06-27-2013, 08:32 AM

The torqmaster web page says chrome daytona's retail for $499. Not $474.

Wingstuff members price for chrome Daytonas are $474.05

GiddyupF6B
06-27-2013, 09:02 AM
Well now, That's discouraging... My card was charged $1099.00 on 6/5. I went direct to Jimmy at TorqMaster for the Black Daytona pipes that I'm still waiting for.
Hmmm.:icon_frown:

The torqmaster web page says chrome daytona's retail for $499. Not $474. That's not a big difference but If I could have gotten charged less for the pipes I haven't received I would feel a little better. You can probably tell I'm getting more disapointed by the minute...

Perhaps the difference was in the shipping? Wingstuff has free shipping, Jimmy does not.

MercuryF1
06-27-2013, 10:03 AM
Perhaps the difference was in the shipping? Wingstuff has free shipping, Jimmy does not.

Wingstuff $474.05 including shipping
jimmy $499.00 excluding shipping

Darkknight
06-28-2013, 03:49 AM
I spoke to Jimmy last night (Thursday).
There are currently 4 sets of pipes at coating and they are promised to be ready for pickup and shipment on Monday 7/1. To reach here (CT), will take about 4 working days for UPS. There will probably be a July 4th delay so I expect mine to arrive Monday 7/8. I see a 1/2 vacation day on Tuesday to install and test drive.:clap2:

If they don't make it I will probably cancel and go with plain chrome.:icon_frown: Still nice pipes, I'm just tired of waiting and $474 Vs $799 would leave extra for more accessories! :icon_razz:

It's tough to compare prices when we are talking different items... Chrome Vs Black pipes. Regular chrome is cheaper. So if anyone has purchased Black TorqMasters for less than $799 please PM me with details. :icon_wink:

Darkknight
07-03-2013, 01:25 PM
OK here's another update...
No black pipes yet. :icon_doh:

Now they are promised to be coated by Tuesday 7/9. Then 4-5 working days to ship UPS.
I verified that if they are delayed again, there are Chrome Daytona pipes available for shipment to me on Tuesday 7/9. :iduno:

I don't like to order something and then back out but I'm heading out on vacation and want pipes on this bike before then! I know it's not Torqmaster's fault and someone will pick up the pipes I ordered a month ago when they are finished, with little or no wait.:icon_frown:

I know that good things come to those who wait.
I don't wanna wait, I want them now!!!!

GiddyupF6B
07-03-2013, 01:34 PM
OK here's another update...
No black pipes yet. :icon_doh:

Now they are promised to be coated by Tuesday 7/9. Then 4-5 working days to ship UPS.

I verified that if they are delayed again, there are Chrome Daytona pipes available for shipment to me on Tuesday 7/9. :iduno:

I don't like to order something and then back out but I'm heading out on vacation and want pipes on the bike before then! I know it's not Torqmaster's fault and someone will pick up the pipes I ordered a month ago when they are finished, with little or no wait.:icon_frown:

I called Jimmy 2 days ago to find out what the deal was and he sounded like he was irritated at me for asking? I told him I was leaving for vacation on the 12th and he told me I should have them by then. It doesn't sound like it? I will call him on Monday to find out so I don't have my exhaust sitting outside my front door for a week.

Hornblower
07-03-2013, 02:46 PM
I just finished installing my chrome Daytona's and the install went pretty well. I did struggle a little with the tabs but got it done. On the left-side muffler (the second one I installed), I lightly lubed the tabs with silicone grease and that seemed to help. I didn't do that on the right-side muffler and it didn't go on quite as far so I may have to loosen it, back it off and lube the tabs, and go at it again. Still, I am very happy with the fit and finish of these mufflers and the sound is exactly what I was hoping for.

Hornblower
07-06-2013, 10:31 AM
FWIW, here's my review of this product. First, I'm glad I bought these as they are well-made, fit great, look good, and sound good. The only negative is that they do make for a bit of "drone" noise at highway speed. I guess that's to be expected for after market mufflers that offer a deeper tonal quality.

F6B-RICH
07-06-2013, 10:36 AM
FWIW, here's my review of this product. First, I'm glad I bought these as they are well-made, fit great, look good, and sound good. The only negative is that they do make for a bit of "drone" noise at highway speed. I guess that's to be expected for after market mufflers that offer a deeper tonal quality.

Thanks for the update. Now I just need mine to show up on my door step so I can install and enjoy.

MSGT-R
07-07-2013, 10:30 PM

So put in the optional additional baffles for the long trips and take them out again for the boulevard cruise.

Hornblower
07-08-2013, 07:31 AM
So put in the optional additional baffles for the long trips and take them out again for the boulevard cruise.

Of course, I could do that and probably get back close to factory sound level which is pretty much silent. The main reason for installing the TorqMasters to begin with was so I could hear the motor at least a little bit and that part worked out fine. When I posted about being a bit of drone, I intentionally inserted the word "bit". What I hoped to convey was not so much a complaint but simply a recognition that there is significantly more droning or humming noise at highway speed. I'm not sure yet that this is going to actually be a problem for me but some might not like it and that's the reason for even mentioning it. I will say this...in a car, this definitely could get on someone's nerves but on a bike, it may be considered music :icon_biggrin:

chipmaker
07-08-2013, 09:54 AM
Once I hear "drone", I'm usually out. My Harley's had slightly louder pipes, but were almost silent at freeway speed. My Camaro exhaust isn't loud but drones at speed and it sucks... :icon_doh:

GiddyupF6B
07-08-2013, 01:20 PM
I just spoke to Jimmy, he is picking up the black chrome exhausts tomorrow and hopes to ship them tomorrow as well.

Texas TC
07-08-2013, 03:07 PM
Once I hear "drone", I'm usually out. My Harley's had slightly louder pipes, but were almost silent at freeway speed. My Camaro exhaust isn't loud but drones at speed and it sucks... :icon_doh:

I have had mine for a while now. I really like them. They are good quality and look like they are going to holdup well over time. Mine are really mellow. I get no "drone" at any speed and can hear the radio at 80 mph. I am very glad I chose Torq Masters.

F6B-RICH
07-09-2013, 10:55 AM
I just spoke to Jimmy, he is picking up the black chrome exhausts tomorrow and hopes to ship them tomorrow as well.

:clap2: I hope one of the sets is mine I ordered a few weeks ago :clap2:

Darkknight
07-10-2013, 04:21 AM
As of Tuesday 7/9 the black units were delayed again until at least Thursday 7/11. Jimmy shipped a set of chrome pipes as agreed when the black units were delayed yet again. He has been very nice to deal with. The coating facility is the bottle neck in this process.

paolo305
07-10-2013, 06:56 AM
Has anyone here heard the Vans and Hines pipes and know how the compare to the Torgue masters, the dealer where I got my F6 has one with the V&H pipes and powercommander. I drove the bike and it sounds OK it does seem like the powercommander makes a difference. The guys with the Torque master pipes have you guys chipped the bike as well. I am leaning towards doing the Torque masters. Need some feed back Thanks

chipmaker
07-10-2013, 07:01 AM
Has anyone here heard the Vans and Hines pipes and know how the compare to the Torgue masters, the dealer where I got my F6 has one with the V&H pipes and powercommander. I drove the bike and it sounds OK it does seem like the powercommander makes a difference. The guys with the Torque master pipes have you guys chipped the bike as well. I am leaning towards doing the Torque masters. Need some feed back Thanks

Interesting, the power commander website shows no power commander available for the GW yet. Hmmm.

http://www.powercommander.com/powercommander/powercommanders.aspx?mk=19&mdl=610&yr=2013&pc=16-044&mk-n=Honda&mdl-n=Goldwing&pc-ver=PCV&add-mdlyrid=16-044&add-mdlyrid2=16-044&fullstr=16-044&prod-type=Powercommander V (Coming Soon)

paolo305
07-10-2013, 07:12 AM
Interesting, the power commander website shows no power commander available for the GW yet. Hmmm.

http://www.powercommander.com/powercommander/powercommanders.aspx?mk=19&mdl=610&yr=2013&pc=16-044&mk-n=Honda&mdl-n=Goldwing&pc-ver=PCV&add-mdlyrid=16-044&add-mdlyrid2=16-044&fullstr=16-044&prod-type=Powercommander V (Coming Soon)

I have seen a youtube video where they are installing it on a GL1800 and I assume it is the same. The bike that I tested did feel different than mine in terms of throttle responce. It also had a K&N

Texas TC
07-10-2013, 06:51 PM

No tuning required. Just mount the pipes and enjoy the mellow tone.

yellowskeeter1
07-11-2013, 04:29 PM

I had them and very little difference from stock. Nice looking but really quiet and wanted some grunt. Sold them and got the Rush set, Happy happy happy.

paolo305
07-11-2013, 07:55 PM
I had them and very little difference from stock. Nice looking but really quiet and wanted some grunt. Sold them and got the Rush set, Happy happy happy.

What is the rush set?

jkelley
07-12-2013, 05:11 AM
Rush slip on's @ epiflex.com
479 for chrome, 489 for black then you have to buy the tips.
I have used them on my Harleys and they are good quality and sound good on the V twins.

2.25 or 2.5" baffles.

No idea of what they sound like on the F6B.

chipmaker
07-12-2013, 07:01 AM
Rush slip on's @ epiflex.com
479 for chrome, 489 for black then you have to buy the tips.
I have used them on my Harleys and they are good quality and sound good on the V twins.

2.25 or 2.5" baffles.

No idea of what they sound like on the F6B.

http://www.epiflex.com/goldwing%20blackweb.gif

Tha's what I'm talking about, not black chrome, just black...

would like to hear them...

Found this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sh4rtUnA-3Y

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EftX7JCm92s

paolo305
07-13-2013, 12:10 PM
i wish someone had a similar quality audio of the torqumaster daytonas

Found this:

MSGT-R
07-13-2013, 01:50 PM
:icon_lol: Whats your phone number, I'll call ya and start it up. :icon_rolleyes:

paolo305
07-15-2013, 07:03 AM
:icon_lol: Whats your phone number, I'll call ya and start it up. :icon_rolleyes:

How do yours sound compared to the video this is one I found

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dyeP_qay4rs

MSGT-R
07-15-2013, 08:25 AM
About the same; same Daytonas, newer model wing. :icon_wink:

Yesterday, in preparation for my 7 hour ride up to Utah, I put the extra silencers in there. I can hear the pipes "under" the radio and I find that a little irritating during a long trip while listening to the ipod. I'll take them out again for urban riding when I get back.

When we rode up to Corbin to drop it off (5 hours) I thought that the extra silencers would come in handy.

Remember, Jimmy can make them louder, if you like that sort of thing.

paolo305
07-15-2013, 09:43 AM
About the same; same Daytonas, newer model wing. :icon_wink:

Yesterday, in preparation for my 7 hour ride up to Utah, I put the extra silencers in there. I can hear the pipes "under" the radio and I find that a little irritating during a long trip while listening to the ipod. I'll take them out again for urban riding when I get back.

When we rode up to Corbin to drop it off (5 hours) I thought that the extra silencers would come in handy.

Remember, Jimmy can make them louder, if you like that sort of thing.

thanks man enjoy the ride!

paolo305
07-18-2013, 07:16 PM

Found this:

Are these the 2.25 or the 2.5??

yellowskeeter1
07-19-2013, 07:07 AM
That's funny. Those you tube videos are of my bike. They are the 2.5 baffles. Had them on my normal GW and now they are on my F6B after getting the heat shields and pipes ceramic coated.

paolo305
07-19-2013, 08:43 AM
That's funny. Those you tube videos are of my bike. They are the 2.5 baffles. Had them on my normal GW and now they are on my F6B after getting the heat shields and pipes ceramic coated.

who did you buy yours from I am looking a online retailer. :icon_biggrin: I am convinced that I want the Rush for my F6B but I am going Crome

MSGT-R
07-22-2013, 02:09 PM
Jimmy of Torq Master is back in the area but has had a family emergency pop up. He doesn't have forum capability to get on all the F6B forums, but wants me to communicate that he will be back up and running shortly after dealing with this situation. Please be patient.

F6B-RICH
07-22-2013, 03:45 PM
I talked to Jimmy today my pipes are on the way and got UPS tracking from him :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

GiddyupF6B
07-22-2013, 03:59 PM
I spoke with him this morning....mine are on the way! I can't wait.....

Texas TC
07-22-2013, 04:18 PM
You guys are going to be sooo pleased. I really like mine! Congratulations. It will be worth the wait. Pictures as soon as they are installed are manditory.

Phantom
07-22-2013, 05:13 PM
Pictures as soon as they are installed are manditory.

:icon_ditto: ………………….. :alc:

MichaelG
07-22-2013, 06:30 PM
I am hoping that at least one of the riders that shows up in Franklin, NC will have the new TorqMaster Daytona pipes on his/her F6B, so I can see them and hear them in person. If I like...I will order mine this Winter.

MSGT-R
07-22-2013, 07:17 PM
Jimmy will be off-line for a little while, he's got a bit of a family emergency. Give him a little patience for a couple of weeks.