PDA

View Full Version : TO DELUXE OR NOT DELUXE

naga viper
02-23-2014, 09:27 PM
HI EVERYONE I AM WONDERING ABOUT WHICH MODEL I WOULD BUY.

I HAVE NEVER HAD HEATED GRIPS ON ANY BIKE BEFORE. I LIKE THE SELF CANCELLING TURNS

BUT THAT ALONE WONT MAKE THE DEAL. BUT NO CRUISE WOULD LEAN ME TOWARDS

BREAKAWAY THROTTLE LOCK (SAFEST IMO) AND WILL NOT WORK WITH HEATED GRIPS. THOUGHTS?

CAN FACTORY HEATED GRIPS BE INSTALLED AFTER THE FACT? IF EVER INSTALL A ELECTRONIC C.C.

AND WHAT ABOUT PASS BACKREST FOR MOMMA, CAN THAT BE ADDED SEPARATELY?

I AM STILL WAITING TO TEST RIDE ONE BUT AM PRETTY CONFIDENT I WILL BUY ONE IN FACT JUST POSTED VTX

FOR SALE?

GONRDN
02-23-2014, 09:36 PM
I bought the standard model and added what i wanted to it. Everyone is different though.

dickiedeals
02-23-2014, 09:59 PM

I HAVE NEVER HAD HEATED GRIPS ON ANY BIKE BEFORE. I LIKE THE SELF CANCELLING TURNS

BREAKAWAY THROTTLE LOCK (SAFEST IMO) AND WILL NOT WORK WITH HEATED GRIPS. THOUGHTS?

CAN FACTORY HEATED GRIPS BE INSTALLED AFTER THE FACT? IF EVER INSTALL A ELECTRONIC C.C.

I AM STILL WAITING TO TEST RIDE ONE BUT AM PRETTY CONFIDENT I WILL BUY ONE IN FACT JUST POSTED VTX

FOR SALE?
I got the Deluxe. Never Had heated grips before but now that I have them I love them. Contrary to popular beliefs it does get cold in Fl. in the winter when the sun goes down or when it rains. The Breakaway does work on the heated grips. I suspect they say they won't for legal liability. The canceling turn signals are ok but don't function that well compared to what I'm used to on the HD Dressers. The wife loves the back rest now that I raised it 5"s. After you purchase you will be adding many more accessories. I say buy what you can afford and enjoy the best. When you do you'll be smiling ear to ear every time you ride it...................Dickie

choptop
02-23-2014, 09:59 PM
Nothing on the Deluxe was anything that I could not live w/out. Although I would have been forced to install a backrest for the SO. The deciding factor for me was when I found a demo that I could get at a new standards price. Now that I have the deluxe it will be nice to have the centerstand for the times I may need it, on a ride, whatever to work on it maybe. The self cancelling signals will be nice and w/this kind of bike, reliable, comfortable, music and some creature comforts, I will probably be more likely to ride deeper into the fall and those heated grips will be nice. All in all I am glad I got the deluxe. :041:

Dirtstiff's F6B
02-23-2014, 10:07 PM

FOR SALE?

The self cancelling turns are about all you cannot readily find as an accessory for the F6. The rest, you can add as you like.
I tried packaging them with a Standard and it was affordable, I wanted self canceling turn signals.
I bought a Deluxe.
J

hiflyer
02-23-2014, 10:15 PM

I HAVE NEVER HAD HEATED GRIPS ON ANY BIKE BEFORE.

I've spent a week a year for the last 8 years in Clarks Summitt on business, mid winter. If I lived up there, this would be at the top of my list.

BuzzzPhotos
02-23-2014, 10:20 PM
I've begun to enjoy every added feature with the deluxe. Had a rear flat today & viewed a few YouTube videos before changing it. The centerstand made the change easier even though the bike was on it's side. You'll likely add so many things that you'll be mad at yourself for not getting the deluxe in the first place.

F6B-RICH
02-24-2014, 12:09 AM
Depends on the price.I talked the standard price down til I was happy then shocked the salesman when I said I want the deluxe for that price.Lets just say I won .batman-smilie.

motozeke
02-24-2014, 01:19 AM
I want a center stand and heated grips on any bike I own. The Deluxe threw in a couple of more items that were not as important to me but were nice-to-have features.

If you're handy you can probably add everything but the self-cancelling turn signals and save some money... but what price your time?

Steve 0080
02-24-2014, 07:29 AM
Go Big or go home !!!!!!!! Helps re-sale if/when that comes as well !!!

Hornblower
02-24-2014, 09:10 AM
For me personally, the only must-have in the deluxe package is the center stand. As others have mentioned, that can be added fairly easily to the standard model. In colder weather, I have enjoyed the heated grips and the self-cancelling turns have been satisfactory. To my way of thinking, the deluxe package would have been a clearer choice if electronic cruise control was in the package.

Deer Slayer
02-24-2014, 09:18 AM
For me personally, the only must-have in the deluxe package is the center stand. As others have mentioned, that can be added fairly easily to the standard model. In colder weather, I have enjoyed the heated grips and the self-cancelling turns have been satisfactory. To my way of thinking, the deluxe package would have been a clearer choice if electronic cruise control was in the package.

cx turn signals are great for old people and those who like to perform loooog signal test. :yikes::poke:

bob109
02-24-2014, 10:15 AM

FOR SALE?

I live approximately 14 miles from you in Madison Twp. I regularly attend Bike Nights at Damon's in Clarks Summit and Quaker State Lube on Commerce Blvd. in Dickson City! I'm attaching a thread I penned 3 months into my ownership of the F6b. Now, ten months after taking delivery of my bike, from North American Warhorse, I would have say the 6 is the best motorcycle I've ever owned and that included a 2002 VTX 1800C. IMHO you would not regret you purchase of either the Basic or Basic Delux.

Here's my original post/thread!

http://hondaf6b.com/showthread.php?566-Three-Months-Into-The-F6B

Mustangjake
02-24-2014, 11:12 AM
I bought the deluxe and I'm happy that I did. It all boils down to choices buy what you want ride it like you stole it!

Elin in So. Cal.
02-24-2014, 12:03 PM
Just another opinion here. I upped my ride from a Harley Softail to the F6B. I got the Deluxe because I actually WANTED the heated grips and self-cancelling turn signals.

I didn't know how easy it is to mod this bike, having been in the Harley-it-costs-$1,000-to-do-anything world for a while. Never had a center stand since I was 10 years old and had a scooter with one.

Opinion now: I have come to LOVE those heated grips. My mid-sixty hands enjoy that feature as I ride into work with toasty digits. No gloves could give me that warmth.

The centerstand is just delightful! Still learning to trust parking this beast on not-so-level surfaces, so I'm not even sure about using it outside the garage, but once Cruiseman showed me how easy it is to rock it off, I'm good with it on level spots. (I'm 5'4" female, just so ya know how intimidating that was for me!).

You'll find backrests for sale (OEM) if you get the standard and want to add and modify the bike. (I am selling mine, e.g.)

So that's my opinion--I'm not telling you what to do, just saying why I made the choice I did. If I had it to do again, and since the 2013 prices are dropping, I'd STILL get the Deluxe.

F6BPDX
02-24-2014, 01:45 PM
I have the deluxe, and would buy the deluxe again.

I have never gotten on my bike and thought "Man! I really wish I DIDN'T have _______."

Wild Bill
02-24-2014, 02:11 PM
I bought a standard and added a backrest thinking it wouldn't be that much. Backrest then mounts,just over $500. and still don't have a center stand or heated grips.the $1k difference don't look so bad from my point of view.

FlaMike
02-24-2014, 02:12 PM
I had planned on buying a std and just adding a ctr stand (trike shops), which was the only option I really wanted. But a used Deluxe came up and that's what I got.

Note: If you plan on adding any of the fact options and/or a cargo rack (requires pass backrest mount) add it to the price of base model and it might pay to buy the Deluxe or not.

opas ride
02-24-2014, 05:21 PM
I bought the Deluxe with a few mods, including new custom paint, and the dealer" thru-in" the lower cowl fog lamps as they were already on the bike I chose...Love the center stand so far...Had all the other stuff on my Vision so nothing new....Probably covered his cost on the fog lights with the cost of the paint job, but I am happy, and that is all that really matters......

4DI2D
02-24-2014, 07:04 PM
Happily modding my standard at my own pace. Didn't want heated grips because internal workings that fowl up at the wrong time suck swamp water. Still had the Gerbings heated gloves that I used with my VS 950 and enjoy the fact that the heat surrounds the fingers and the tops are as warm as the bottoms. Great range of variable heat as well.

naga viper
03-08-2014, 11:17 AM
Here at home is a black deluxe fresh from it's crate.

GONRDN
03-08-2014, 11:25 AM
Congrats on the new ride!

Big Jay
03-08-2014, 11:53 AM
'all/right' congrats and enjoy.

coffee_weasle
03-08-2014, 09:17 PM
congrats!

protect the paint ! protect the paint ! protect the paint !

i wish i had known how the paint doesn't resist scratching and swirls

as i do my winter upgrades, i see all the blemishes, so much so, i'm thinking of repainting the whole bike flat black

Bama Bagger
03-09-2014, 04:14 AM
I went Deluxe as it had items I felt were most necessary! :icon_biggrin:

Bama Bagger
03-09-2014, 04:15 AM
And also welcome and enjoy your new ride!!! :041:

projectapollo
03-09-2014, 07:55 AM
I was torn between the basic and deluxe. Got the deluxe and very happy. The self canceling signals are much more convenient that I suspected. And the hand warmer get used quite frequently. Congrats on the purchase!