PDA

View Full Version : Shoei J-Cruise Helmet

opas ride
02-25-2014, 12:12 PM
Not trying to open up another "oil-type" thread, and realizing we all have our own personal opinions, but has anyone purchased/ridden with this helmet yet?..I have been looking at the reviews and all seem to be positive..I cannot ride with a full-face helmet as I get a little claustrophobic and want the best wind/ear protection I can find..Ear plugs, for some reason, also drive me "nuts" and I have tried many..This helmet is a little pricey, but worth it to me if it works..Currently have an HJC 3/4 which is good but has a lot of wind noise...Any feedback is welcome.....

Scotrod
02-25-2014, 01:28 PM
I have a 2XL, which doesn't seem to fit me as well as my 2XL Qwest.
Ventilation is pretty decent.
Shield has no detents,, either full up or full down. :icon_frown:
Shield comes down lower than most other 3/4 helmets. Eh, perhaps a little warmer in the face than others, but depends on your features.
Noise is pretty substantial with OEM or Baggershield 11". Bagger 19 is 'better' , but still seemed a bit noisy.
Have not tried it with the Madstad, but my RF-1100 and Qwest are quieter w/Madstad than any other shield system.

Cool Hand Luke
02-25-2014, 07:54 PM
Shoei J Cruise is excellent open face helmet, however it is pricey. I tried it at dealership just last week. Feels comfortable. Clear shield covers whole face so good in rain and cold weather.

However, price was around $500.

At the same dealership I tried LS2 open face helmet. Loved it! Great fit, very light, comfortable, clear visor is also optically correct and covers full face. The inner tinted shield is dark enough in direct sunshine, no need for extra glasses. I bought it! It was only $99!

I used it Sunday, I rode my F6B from St. Pete FL to Aiken SC, mostly on back roads, about 500 miles the way I went. Going thru GA I rode into thunderstorm! Helmet kept my face completely dry and warm! I even had to stop for a while, all I could think was how. Miles got struck while riding and here I am doing the same!

Today I rode my Harley to Charleston and back, about 340 miles. Helmet makes road noise more quiet. As it got dark the temps went from 75 to 57! Helmet kept me warm.

Here is the picture:

I hope this becomes my new favorite helmet.

ff73148
02-25-2014, 09:12 PM
I own one and I love it. I wear eye glasses so the built in sun shield works for me. I also like the lip at the bottom of the face shield. It helps keeping the noise out. Very comfortable.