PDA

View Full Version : Preliminary fit

hiflyer
02-25-2014, 06:06 PM
Almost done, need to take it all back off and paint the support spacers for the rack. This is an HD chopped tour pak, 2014 model. More later.

choptop
02-25-2014, 06:10 PM
:yes:

hiflyer
02-25-2014, 06:17 PM
One more.

F6BPDX
02-25-2014, 06:38 PM
Looks pretty sharp, matches the lines of the bike surprisingly well.

opas ride
02-25-2014, 06:48 PM
Looks okay for those that need/like a trunk...I quess I would have just gone with the Wing that has the trunk, as I am not very "handy" with things like this.....Enjoy the ride...

Cool Hand Luke
02-25-2014, 07:40 PM
I love it! That's exactly what I have in mind! I think it looks better than GW!

What rack are you using? I want to buy one from Dale for it!

hiflyer
02-25-2014, 08:12 PM
No more pics tonight, almost chopped the end of my finger off. Here's what I looked like when it happened.:yikes: This can be removed easily and the other back rest installed. I wanted a look that flows with the rest of the bike and looks cooler than a gold wing. Planning on using it on trips, then going back to the stripped down look for cruising. The rack is a detachable HD rack I had laying around that I modified.

FlaMike
02-25-2014, 08:52 PM
Looks great. :biggthumpup:
I've got old style chopped tour pak, left over from my RoadKing, that I've been working on. Yours fits the lines of the bike nicely.

hiflyer
02-25-2014, 09:08 PM
Looks great. :biggthumpup:
I've got old style chopped tour pak, left over from my RoadKing, that I've been working on. Yours fits the lines of the bike nicely.

Use it. To me the size of the chopped paks is what works on the F6 in the looks dept. I should have kept the one I had, but it went with the bike when I sold it.

coffee_weasle
02-26-2014, 10:46 AM
Almost done, need to take it all back off and paint the support spacers for the rack. This is an HD chopped tour pak, 2014 model. More later.

i thought it was just mine, but of the pics of other's i've seen from the rear, the pipes aren't "quite" even (side to side)

anyone else notice this on your bike?

Phantom
02-26-2014, 03:01 PM
i thought it was just mine, but of the pics of other's i've seen from the rear, the pipes aren't "quite" even (side to side)

anyone else notice this on your bike?

I also spotted the exhaust irregularity on one of the F6B's at our Annual F6B Rally last year, pointed it out to the owner and he concurred. It should be a simple fix :tools1: :icon_wink::yes:

hiflyer
02-26-2014, 06:40 PM
Here's what I did with the antenna, also added a powerpoint for the heated gear, and smoked turn signals. The smoked lenses change the whole look of the bike in my opinion.

ALL57
02-27-2014, 01:38 PM
Trop top:041:

Pouvez montrer des photos du support que vous avez adapté pour la F6B.
Je suis en cours pour adapter un King tour Pak et j’ai des craintes sur la solidité des 2 pattes de renvoie sous le capot arrière qui sont assez chips ?
Pourrons t’elle supporter le poids et les efforts.

Appel de phare

Too top

Can show photos of the support(medium) which you adapted for the F6B.
I am in class to adapt a King tour(ballot) Pak and I am afraid on the solidity of 2 legs of send back(dismiss) under the back hood who are enough chips?
Can you she(it) support(bear) the weight and the efforts.

Call(Appeal) of lighthouse(headlight)

hiflyer
02-27-2014, 01:50 PM
Trop top:041:

Pouvez montrer des photos du support que vous avez adapté pour la F6B.
Je suis en cours pour adapter un King tour Pak et j’ai des craintes sur la solidité des 2 pattes de renvoie sous le capot arrière qui sont assez chips ?
Pourrons t’elle supporter le poids et les efforts.

Appel de phare

Too top

Can show photos of the support(medium) which you adapted for the F6B.
I am in class to adapt a King tour(ballot) Pak and I am afraid on the solidity of 2 legs of send back(dismiss) under the back hood who are enough chips?
Can you she(it) support(bear) the weight and the efforts.

Call(Appeal) of lighthouse(headlight)

The supports have plenty of chips! ;) I'll take some pictures and post tonight. The tour pak is rock solid.

unsub
02-27-2014, 02:09 PM
Nice looking. When you post more pics can you please include pictures of the inside brackets and any wiring you have planned?

Thanks

Ericb445
02-27-2014, 08:16 PM
Looks good, really fits well.

hiflyer
03-03-2014, 09:44 PM
Forgot to post these. Top box and mount unbolt together from bike.

ghostrider
03-04-2014, 10:30 AM
That driver backrest looks good! Is that the "Big Bike Parts" back rest?

hiflyer
03-04-2014, 10:57 AM
That driver backrest looks good! Is that the "Big Bike Parts" back rest?

No, that's a morphed Utopia. I took off the Utopia pad and used a Harley pad I had in the garage. I felt the Utopia was too large. The latest backrest available has a pad about the size of mine. I used the Utopia mounting hardware though.

Elin in So. Cal.
03-04-2014, 11:13 AM
H...and smoked turn signals. The smoked lenses change the whole look of the bike...

+l :lolup: I really like the non-yellow of the smokey ones.