PDA

View Full Version : Accessory for Miles

Philbert40
02-27-2014, 11:58 PM
I was looking at Aerostich cor the latest and greatest and found this for Miles....a must have!

Lightning Strike Alert

MichaelG
02-28-2014, 01:05 AM
Phil, I thought you were joking about this, until I looked it up. I am surprised that Andy Goldfine didn't just send me one automatically. :icon_frown:

http://www.aerostich.com/strikealert.html

So you’re happily riding out in the great wide open and you notice a storm approaching. It’s a beautiful scene… just you, an approaching storm, and a 500 lb lightning rod under your body. FEMA estimates that strikes kill 200 people and seriously injure 750 more per year — including the occasional rider. Protect yourself with this detector. It will let you know if a storm is approaching or departing, and will alert you of approaching strikes up to 40 miles away. A good thing on a grey wet day or long night ride. We have no clue how this thing works, but it really does. Small, dependable, accurate and effective. Comes with belt clip, and easy to use bar or fairing mount. Included batteries last up to 100 hours. 2"×2.75", 3 oz.

Bama Bagger
02-28-2014, 02:23 AM
Miles, I am interested in this product as we get a lot of lightning strikes here in Alabama!

The manufacturers web page is: http://www.strikealert.com/lightning_detector_products_strikeAlert.html

If you get one please lend us your expertise and review! .notworthy.:popcorn:

Bruce B
02-28-2014, 02:45 AM
Looks good. Who's going to be the test pilot?

Hornblower
02-28-2014, 08:25 AM
Looks good. Who's going to be the test pilot?

Don't suppose it should be Miles...pretty sure I heard the lightning say, "been there, done that". :yikes:

Scotrod
02-28-2014, 09:25 AM
Lightning is certainly nothing to fool with! :nono:

Earlier in life, I erected / worked on top of steel structures.

To this day, I still have a 'built-in' lightning detector. :nono:

hiflyer
02-28-2014, 09:28 AM
Miles, I am interested in this product as we get a lot of lightning strikes here in Alabama!

The manufacturers web page is: http://www.strikealert.com/lightning_detector_products_strikeAlert.html

If you get one please lend us your expertise and review! .notworthy.:popcorn:

Airplanes use strikefinders with great accuracy. I suppose this will work well too.

kjelders
02-28-2014, 09:48 AM
Dale (hondabikepro) and I have an agreement that...... if we are riding with Miles and a storm comes up...........

Miles is on his own....Dale and I are out of there! :rainyday:'windy' :icon_mrgreen:

MichaelG
02-28-2014, 10:37 AM
:icon_frown:

Bama Bagger
03-01-2014, 12:30 AM
That's shocking! :yikes:

Yeahoo Whoyah
03-01-2014, 12:55 AM
Accessory for Miles

I was looking at Aerostich cor the latest and greatest and found this for Miles....a must have!

Lightning Strike Alert

LOL :crackup:

Cheaper to get one of the lightning finder apps available for Android and iPhone platforms. Unless you want your bike equipped with multiple single purpose farkles.