PDA

View Full Version : Am I the first Cuban Here!?!?!?

Cuban Missile
02-28-2014, 09:32 AM
Hello,

I want to introduce myself. I was born in Cuba but I have been living in the USA almost as long as I lived in the land where the president can talk on TV with a big cigar on his hand. I have been riding for 7 years and my last bike was a Honda ST1300 and I can say that I am sticking with Honda. Had to let the bike go due to starting my engineering career and buying a house and paying off debt from college, etc. Now I am ready to buy a new bike and I am loving the F6B. I have always wanted a Goldwing, but I was under 30. I just turned 30 and I received an email from my Honda Dealer saying that now I am eligible for a goldwing. Anyways, I am looking at a Red or Yellow F6B, however, I saw a blue Goldwing recetnly, 2013 year and loved it also. Anyone bought a F6B and wished they had forked the extra buck for a goldwing? Also, I need to carry a laptop for work often and I was wondering if a laptop bag fits in the saddle bags or if you carry a backpack.

Thanks

Juan

austin_tech
02-28-2014, 09:51 AM
Hello,

I want to introduce myself. I was born in Cuba but I have been living in the USA almost as long as I lived in the land where the president can talk on TV with a big cigar on his hand. I have been riding for 7 years and my last bike was a Honda ST1300 and I can say that I am sticking with Honda. Had to let the bike go due to starting my engineering career and buying a house and paying off debt from college, etc. Now I am ready to buy a new bike and I am loving the F6B. I have always wanted a Goldwing, but I was under 30. I just turned 30 and I received an email from my Honda Dealer saying that now I am eligible for a goldwing. Anyways, I am looking at a Red or Yellow F6B, however, I saw a blue Goldwing recetnly, 2013 year and loved it also. Anyone bought a F6B and wished they had forked the extra buck for a goldwing? Also, I need to carry a laptop for work often and I was wondering if a laptop bag fits in the saddle bags or if you carry a backpack.

Thanks

Juan

Welcome Juan! One of the reasons I moved to the F6B is to have a place to stow my laptop (15"), backpack, and gym bag for the work commute, and sometimes even pack my lunch. I love it, just the right amount of storage without the top trunk, which I think you have to hit 60 years old to get the eligibility letter from Honda for.

Good luck in your decision and ride safe!

-->Russ

Phantom
02-28-2014, 10:00 AM
I think you have to hit 60 years old to get the eligibility letter from Honda for.

-->Russ

Hey, hey, hey, hey ..... easy now, I'm in my mid 40's and have thoroughly enjoyed my COUCH Rocket for 3 years.

'mooning' :wrong:

austin_tech
02-28-2014, 10:15 AM
Hey, hey, hey, hey ..... easy now, I'm in my mid 40's and have thoroughly enjoyed my COUCH Rocket for 3 years.

'mooning' :wrong:

I was rolling with Juan's humor on that, folks!

Phantom
02-28-2014, 10:26 AM

Humor was well taken, :icon_razz: just showing my appreciation :f2: I'm still 25 in my mind :biggthumpup:

I had the same thoughts years ago about the "OLD Man's" bike stigma on the GL1800 until I rode one ....... bought it on the spot and she is still in my stable 'riding' next to my other rides :banana:

opas ride
02-28-2014, 10:29 AM
I don't feel age has anything to do with the issue...If the Wing works for you, then you will be happy...If the F6B works for your needs/style then buy it...I have seen 30 year olds on Goldwings and 70 year olds as well...I am 74 and have had both type bikes, but now the F6B works better for me as it has a lower seat, lighter, and much more fun to ride.....Good Luck on your choice....

austin_tech
02-28-2014, 10:30 AM
Humor was well taken, :icon_razz: just showing my appreciation :f2: I'm still 25 in my mind :biggthumpup:

I had the same thoughts years ago about the "OLD Man's" bike stigma on the GL1800 until I rode one ....... bought it on the spot and she is still in my stable 'riding' next to my other rides :banana:

If I'm not mistaken, you have one or more of those badass Runes in your stable, too :icon_biggrin:

Phantom
02-28-2014, 10:38 AM
If I'm not mistaken, you have one or more of those badass Runes in your stable, too :icon_biggrin:

Watcha talkin bout Willis ?

F6B-RICH
02-28-2014, 11:07 AM
'welcome gang' from :snow1:'cold''freezing-cold'.snowremoval.;snowshoveling; NJ .batman-smilie.

F6B-RICH
02-28-2014, 11:14 AM
Hello,

Thanks

Juan

First off get the black F6B its faster.Second depends on the size laptop.I tried to get a 18 inch laptop in the saddlebags and :no: Third I do not need all the extra stuff that a full Goldwing has .batman-smilie.

Scotrod
02-28-2014, 11:18 AM
1st: Welcome Juan!

2nd: They call 'em OLDwings around here! :tomatohit:

Cuban Missile
02-28-2014, 11:23 AM
'welcome gang' from :snow1:'cold''freezing-cold'.snowremoval.;snowshoveling; NJ .batman-smilie.

And more on the way. 6-12" from Sunday to Monday. Are you kidding?!?!?!?!

I thought the yellow was the fastest? I do like the black, and the red, and the yellow, and the green that I have seen online. I got to say, I like gadgets but with my experience with OEM gps, I probably will use a zumo. Don't need CB and cruise, I have that in my Ridgeline. I guess I am selling myself the F6B :icon_rolleyes:

Thank you all, this is a very welcoming forum.

J

Hornblower
02-28-2014, 11:27 AM
Welcome Juan .welcome20. Being an engineer, you will truly appreciate the F6B for the well-designed and proven platform that it is. In addition, being a younger guy, you need to realize that the F6B IS the younger man's Goldwing. IMHO, the F6B is a no-brainer for the younger and smarter rider :clap2: Of course, several of us more "seasoned" riders appreciate it too :icon_wink:

Cuban Missile
02-28-2014, 11:28 AM

Oh yeah blame me now for that one. :icon_cool:

What can I say, if we don't laugh then what do we have left in this life?

F6B-RICH
02-28-2014, 12:21 PM
And more on the way. 6-12" from Sunday to Monday. Are you kidding?!?!?!?!

I thought the yellow was the fastest? I do like the black, and the red, and the yellow, and the green that I have seen online. I got to say, I like gadgets but with my experience with OEM gps, I probably will use a zumo. Don't need CB and cruise, I have that in my Ridgeline. I guess I am selling myself the F6B :icon_rolleyes:

Thank you all, this is a very welcoming forum.

J

I do not care much about the snow because my F6B is in 50 pieces all over the garage/basement as I am knee deep in my winter mods .batman-smilie.

mikey
02-28-2014, 01:42 PM
Welcome, I'm sure you'll make the best choice for you. If you get an f6 you'll forever be known here as "the Cuban missile"!!!:lolup:

Cuban Missile
02-28-2014, 03:47 PM
Welcome, I'm sure you'll make the best choice for you. If you get an f6 you'll forever be known here as "the Cuban missile"!!!:lolup:

And this my new name :041:

Scotrod
02-28-2014, 04:06 PM
And this my new name :041:

EXCELLENT!!!

Phantom
02-28-2014, 04:13 PM
Cuban Missile

I will replace your current name with this. Make sure that you log-in using Cuban Missile :icon_mrgreen:

choptop
02-28-2014, 05:12 PM
Welcome.

FlaMike
02-28-2014, 06:08 PM
Welcome from Fla. :th_sunbathe:

Born and raised near Philly, so I know you got some nice riding in Lancaster and surrounding. Spend some time on an ST1300 and it was a very nimble bike. F6B is not quite an ST, but for a big girl, she dances well. And easily outshines the ST on the open road!

Steve 0080
02-28-2014, 09:59 PM
Welcome !!!!!!!