PDA

View Full Version : She's here !

choptop
03-01-2014, 12:22 PM
Just got home from the Twin Cities to the F6b sitting in my garage, some guys I know picked it up yesterday and delivered it, early this morning. Looks beautiful, pics to come, but I am kinda pissed. Has no owners manual w/it and I was looking forward to reading it from one end to the other this weekend and the battery is dead, I can't even hear it run.:banghead: I need to get to the battery to charge it up, easy to get to? Kind of perturbed also that the General manager, the guy I bought it from, when asked twice by me, about the Owners Identification Card, which shows delivery date of 2/7/14 and warranty expiration date of 2/7/15, just blew the question off by saying you get what every Honda says you get. I should have gotten a new card w/the new date. This kind of issue I am having is a sign of the times, I should be used to it by now.:icon_frown:

F6BPDX
03-01-2014, 12:26 PM
You shoudn't be used to it, being used to it is what lets these idiots get away with it. I'd be on the horn to the dealer monday morning.

Congrats on the bike, you will love it.

Also the warranty is 3 years unlimited miles, not sure why your card would have a 1 year expiration.

opas ride
03-01-2014, 12:30 PM
Sounds like you need to contact the owner of the dealer if no satisfaction is given by the GM..He is full of BS about the warranty...All F6B's come with a 3 year warranty from Honda...I would also hold them accountable for the ID card with correct dates and they are, in my thinking, responsible for the battery issue unless all the facts are not out yet...Hope you can get things sorted soon as the F6B is one great ride and you will love the thing.....

choptop
03-01-2014, 12:38 PM
Have talked to a couple of non responsive people this morning already, dealer is 70 miles away from me. They will send the manual out Monday morning, we will see. I feel like I am the only one concerned about the manual and the battery. Bike started, for my guys at dealer and they road it into trailer, spent a cold night in trailer, was pushed off trailer this am, I tried to start it for about 10 seconds before the solenoid started clicking. Have downloaded a owners manual and it tells me to access the battery threw the left side bag and remove a panel. A little leery of removing panels as cold as it is, will try and warm up the garage. Waiting on a call back from a guy, at dealer, that can answer my warranty card question. I am just happy to get it here.

MichaelG
03-01-2014, 01:18 PM
Choptop, the battery issue........this is why a lot more dealersd are now installing a battery tender pigtail...hooked up to the battery, so that they can keep bikes charged up, and ready for a customer to pick it up. Our VERY GOOD local dealers...South Bound Honda (sponsoring vendor here) and South Sound Honda do this to every bike, which is a very good thing for customer service. If your dealer did not do this, and did not maintain the battery on your bike...shame on them.

To access that LEFT side cover to get to the battery, you do need to OPEN the left saddlebag. Just open it...then ignore it.
Then, you need to gently pull off the LEFT side cover...the one that has the chrome letters...F6B..on it. The gloss black paintyed section and the flat black section are screwed together, so they will come off as one unit.

If you have any doubts, there are 1001 pictures online of the side covers, and you can also go to the Honda OEM parts fiche, and look at a picture of it there.

Once the side cover is off, you will see the battery. There is a small black plastic cover that (thinks it is the gatekeeper) to the battery, and it is very easy to move out of the way, so you can have 100 % access to the battery. They "should" be no reason to remove the battery. Everything you need to do can be done with the battery still in the bike.

It would be very wise to go ahead and connect a battery tender pigtail to the battery posts...screwed on...in place, and then route the other end of that pigtail to a place where you can easily access it to connect a battery charger to.

Tip: before you reinstall that left side cover...use either silglyde or chapstick or anything like that...on all of the round and oval grommets, so that the posts on the backside of the side cover slide into the grommets easier.

Give that new battery a minimum of a 12 hour slow trickle charge, preferably less than 2 amps, and slowly bring it back up to full charge.

And...regarding the warranty issue, of them not knowing this bike has a 3 year unlimited mileage warranty...don't worry about it. With they way they are treating you so far, you will be finding a different dealer to take it to for warranty issues, or...you may never have a warranty issue at all.
All the other Honda dealers in the world will simply take the VIN off your bike, plug it into their computer, and they will know you are still under warranty.

Hornblower
03-01-2014, 01:24 PM
Have downloaded a owners manual and it tells me to access the battery threw the left side bag and remove a panel. A little leery of removing panels as cold as it is, will try and warm up the garage. .

Choptop...the left side bag has to be opened first only because the side panel won't come off with the side bag closed. And yes, you do want to be fairly careful popping off the side panel. The first time I removed it to get to my battery, I found one of the "pegs" broken off and missing and I'm certain the dealer did that as they were connecting an accessory plug. Once you have that panel off, you may want to apply some silicone grease to the pegs so it will pop off more easily in the future.

unsub
03-01-2014, 02:07 PM
Looks beautiful, pics to come

Uh...no, ya we haven't got all day don'cha 'know.:cheers:

choptop
03-01-2014, 02:14 PM
Thanks guys. I have already made the dealer, or at least the rumdums that I talked to today, in a professional manner, that I was not very pleased. I should not have to, not that I won't be doing plenty of it in the future, take off panels because of dealer screw ups, in order to keep a battery from freezing, it will be -15 - 20 the next two nights. I immediately downloaded a F6b owners manual off the web, when I saw I did not have one. I will be looking at the pics in it this weekend, playboy can wait.:icon_razz:

opas ride
03-01-2014, 02:17 PM
Choptop...Miles has an excellent point about the "pig-tail"access to the battery..I had the dealer take the one from my Vision and install it on the F6B before delivery..Suggest you buy one and put it on while you have the battery exposed...I find it much easier to keep Battery Tender on in winter with this set up..I put a small piece of Velcro on the cord and another inside the back of the side cover and tuck inside when not in use...Works for me and congratulations on your new ride!!

choptop
03-01-2014, 02:29 PM
Should a person expect more than (1) key ?

unsub
03-01-2014, 02:38 PM
Should a person expect more than (1) key ?

Yes, two.

From where I sit [waiting for pics btw] it sounds like inexperienced staff you're dealing with. Take this opportunity to create a healthy relationship with your dealer while resolving your issues and start by finding the right persons in the right departments at the business. You may need some goodwill from them down the road.

You can always move on if the attempt fails.

I can't remember the history of this bike as you described it before (?) but it really sounds like the bike was displayed and the relevant attachments like the manual, keys, toolkit [don't forget the toolkit] etc..may have been stored separately while it was on display. Could that be the case? Can the dealer look in stores for a bag or box that contains those items for you? Just a thought.

Dirtstiff's F6B
03-01-2014, 03:35 PM

Routing Battery Tender Pigtail like this is how most come from good dealers..

Congrats on the new bike!!

Good Luck
J

choptop
03-01-2014, 03:57 PM
Yes, two.

From where I sit [waiting for pics btw] it sounds like inexperienced staff you're dealing with. Take this opportunity to create a healthy relationship with your dealer while resolving your issues and start by finding the right persons in the right departments at the business. You may need some goodwill from them down the road.

You can always move on if the attempt fails.

I can't remember the history of this bike as you described it before (?) but it really sounds like the bike was displayed and the relevant attachments like the manual, keys, toolkit [don't forget the toolkit] etc..may have been stored separately while it was on display. Could that be the case? Can the dealer look in stores for a bag or box that contains those items for you? Just a thought.

Tool kit, I didn't even think of that, I haven't looked any farther than the bags and it's not in their. The dealer is 70 miles from me, I have others closer, will start asking people about the more local ones when weather changes.

Sorcerer
03-01-2014, 04:40 PM
USA F6B's do not come with tool kits. Only the Canadian models come with a tool kit. You may want to check the left fairing pocket to see that the pig tail is there.

Hornblower
03-01-2014, 04:49 PM
USA F6B's do not come with tool kits. Only the Canadian models come with a tool kit. You may want to check the left fairing pocket to see that the pig tail is there.

Yeah, that's right. You might want to look back in the rear-bottom of the left saddlebag (where a tool kit would normally be stored if you had one) to see if the owner's manual might be there. You seem to have gotten a bit of a shaky start with your dealer. Hopefully, that will improve but if not, I would look for a different dealer to deal with going forward.

choptop
03-01-2014, 05:11 PM
I started reading threw the downloaded owners manual to find out about things because I personally did not pick the bike up, well inside the lockable cuby I I found the manual, other key w/key number plate, I think the pig tail for the left saddle bag, helmet lock, some rubber grommets, a couple of screws, a couple of brackets and a washer and I guess I don't get a tool kit. Well that makes me feel better and glad I held off on the pissing and moaning.:icon_lol:

MichaelG
03-01-2014, 05:23 PM
I think the pig tail for the left saddle bag,

That wiring harness you found, probably with a GREEN connector on the end, (or is it a WHITE connector?) is for the aux. audio connector that is located UNDER the LEFT isde of the fairing glove box. It does NOT go inside the left saddlebag. It connects to a matching connector under the left glove box, and the wire is routed up into the glove box, so you can plug in an I-pod, or music box, or cell phone, or whatever you want to plug in.

choptop
03-01-2014, 05:34 PM
That wiring harness you found, probably with a GREEN connector on the end, (or is it a WHITE connector?) is for the aux. audio connector that is located UNDER the LEFT isde of the fairing glove box. It does NOT go inside the left saddlebag. It connects to a matching connector under the left glove box, and the wire is routed up into the glove box, so you can plug in an I-pod, or music box, or cell phone, or whatever you want to plug in.

Ok, thanks Miles, garage is heating up, going to go out and start familiarizing myself w/things.

stepbill
03-01-2014, 05:42 PM
Chop, where did you find the owners manual to download?

choptop
03-01-2014, 06:11 PM
Chop, where did you find the owners manual to download?

Just punched into my browser Honda F6b downloadable owners manual.

choptop
03-01-2014, 06:11 PM
I LOVE the horn.

FlaMike
03-01-2014, 07:00 PM
Congrats on finally getting that baby in the garage. Seems like you worked out your initial probs.

Can't believe the dead batt thing. Like nobody at the dealer started the bike before they brung it to you. But what the hey, it's home and it's yours. Ride on! 'riding'

Bama Bagger
03-01-2014, 07:15 PM

Routing Battery Tender Pigtail like this is how most come from good dealers..

Congrats on the new bike!!

Good Luck
J

Great paint job!

JBnAZ
03-01-2014, 07:26 PM
Chop top - congratulations getting your new ride. I must say, you're way more laid back than I am. If my new bike came with a dead battery the dealer would be delivering a new one to my front door :) or picking up the bike I just returned.

When you drop close to 20K on anything one should expect it be and run like new - cause it is. I'm polite but ruthless when it comes to that stuff, everyone should. You could have taken your business to their competitors.

Enjoy getting acquainted with your new toy - they're sure fun to ride.

JB

GONRDN
03-01-2014, 07:29 PM
Congrats on the delivery of your bike. You will enjoy it. Best bike out there.

ED209
03-01-2014, 07:32 PM
:biggthumpup: congrats, yes it has a HORN for sure. :yikes:

Sorcerer
03-01-2014, 10:53 PM
That horn is great. I thought the Rivco air horns I had on my Valk were loud. The F6B horn is as good or better. Enjoy you new ride.

austin_tech
03-02-2014, 12:22 AM
I LOVE the horn.

I love the horn, too. However, read this .... http://hondaf6b.com/showthread.php?1437-F6B-horn-comedy&highlight=horn

choptop
03-02-2014, 03:55 PM
As she so proudly sits in the garage and I chomp at the bit to ride her and have to listen to ride reports, I console myself w/the fact that after almost (2) f'ng months of almost daily sub zero temperatures, next Sunday will be late 30's - low 40's and it slowly climbs from their. A chilly inaugural first ride can only be weeks away !:icon_lol:

opas ride
03-02-2014, 04:09 PM
Choptop...I feel your pain my friend...Bought my F6B late in September..Had it painted before pick-up which took much longer than I had planned, and by the time I got it home and all the other stuff was installed, pipes, grips, windshield, etc.etc. in was late October..Had to take it back to have a blemish in right saddle bag re-painted (dealer request) which delayed it another while and before I knew it, November and snow had arrived...So, other than the (3) 125 mile one-way rides to the dealer and a few short hops around here my bike has been sitting covered in the garage for almost 4 months and more snow arrived this morning.....Winter "sucks"...C'mon Spring!!!

choptop
03-02-2014, 06:27 PM
Concerning the dead battery at delivery. I removed the left side/battery cover panel, thank God I didn't break any tabs. Removed the +/- on the battery, have it on a 2 amp charge till tomorrow morning. I purchased a Dellran Battery Tender Junior , will install the leads on the battery tomorrow and plug it in. Below you will find (2) pics of the side cover, the backside with the tabs highlighted and the front w/the approximate placing of the tabs. Hopefully this will help the next guy/gal, having to remove that cover.

choptop
03-04-2014, 06:31 PM
Well here it is, (4) days after my boys dropped my bike off, Saturday morning, and I found the battery was dead after I got home, after it spent the night in a trailer at appx -10. It did start in the dealership and they road it in the trailer, but it had to be real weak. Am I wrong in thinking they should have checked that after sitting in the showroom who knows how long. Thing that gets me is I called them Sat morning and probably talked to about (3) of them , including the main salesman, not the guy that sold it to me, and know one seamed particularly concerned, not once did anyone say, what can we do for you. So like most of us would do, I asked questions on the forum, got answers, thanks, downloaded the Owners manual, pulled the Tupperware, put it on a charger, bought a Battery tender and in time, started it up. Called back on Monday to question them on the possibilities of issues w/the battery dead and it cold out, pretty sure that nothing was wrong but wanted to hear their response, again, no concern, no oh we are sorry that happened, just really no concern at all. I even asked them to have the general manager, the guy who sold the bike to me to please call me, it's Tuesday evening and no call. Again , am I wrong in think that I just spent a bunch of money at your dealership and you send me a bike w.maybe 1 1/2 gallons of gas in it, come on, it's not a damn dually, f'ing fill it up.

Well I'm done ranting, for the moment anyway, I will give someone a day or two to call me back and if not...

F6B-RICH
03-04-2014, 09:09 PM
There are a lot of good Honda dealerships and a lot of bad ones out there.You are not happy and I am with you all the way.If they do not call you back thats good for you.Give them no more of your business.Anyway :congrats: & 'welcome gang' from NJ .batman-smilie.

Elin in So. Cal.
03-04-2014, 09:50 PM
I LOVE the horn.

It's so much fun reading your discovery moments with your new toy, Choptop. *snert

I ought to add, that you might keep a running tally on your "relationship" with your 70-miles-away dealership, because mother Honda doesn't like its franchises to be so inattentive to its customers. You may not get satisfactory service and response at that dealership, and there is something you can do. Take names, note dates and times, topics not resolved--in other words, document everything.

I once had to stand in a dealership and shout out that no one should talk to any of the sales people on the floor until they had a chat with me. I only said that out loud twice before they had me in a room with the high mucky-mucks getting answers to the issues I had. (Truck shorted in the brakes, caused a fire, no answers, no replacement--only had 620 miles... etc.)

jkelley
03-05-2014, 06:11 AM
Fun reading about the new discoveries, As Miles said. Put a little lube on those tabs before reinstall. I used dielectric grease ( it was handy at the time ) And find a new dealer!!!!!! On the bright side, you likely wont need one anyway.

choptop
03-05-2014, 04:21 PM
Fun reading about the new discoveries, As Miles said. Put a little lube on those tabs before reinstall. I used dielectric grease ( it was handy at the time ) And find a new dealer!!!!!! On the bright side, you likely wont need one anyway.

Part of the reason that I bought the bike was because of it's reliability record and the reason that I bought from the dealer that I did was because they had what I wanted, when I wanted it. None of what has happened is that big of a thing, but it is a thing that should not have happened. I wish to hold them accountable. As of this morning I still had not received a call back from the Sales manager, he may have not received the message, who knows. I sent a email to him that I got off their web page. I won't spend a bunch of money, have inferior service and not hold them to some form of accountability.

naga viper
03-08-2014, 12:28 AM
A simple phone call to check stock and now look what i dun did
uhaul kept both bikes clean for both voyages
p.s. accessories already on order.

Dirtstiff's F6B
03-08-2014, 01:24 AM

Very Cool

bob109
03-08-2014, 01:32 AM

What dealership did your purchase your new toy from?

The bike looks great! Make sure you apply several coats of Liquid Glass to the paint. Follow the directions on the can and you may be able to avoid the dreaded "swirl marks".

Safe Riding

RickW
03-08-2014, 01:51 AM
Part of the reason that I bought the bike was because of it's reliability record and the reason that I bought from the dealer that I did was because they had what I wanted, when I wanted it. None of what has happened is that big of a thing, but it is a thing that should not have happened. I wish to hold them accountable. As of this morning I still had not received a call back from the Sales manager, he may have not received the message, who knows. I sent a email to him that I got off their web page. I won't spend a bunch of money, have inferior service and not hold them to some form of accountability.

You sure would think at least they would say sorry, forgot to charge the battery up since it had been sitting for quite a while.
We hear similar stories like that every day from people with every type of bike. Most places are good, a few have employees that are just there for a job and thats about it.

It will get better gauranteed, the reliabilty on this bike is sky high compared to some.

But on another note you have a Mustang seat going out to you on Monday. The other person on the Forum that took the extra discount will have his seat go out on Monday also.

Dirtstiff's F6B
03-08-2014, 01:55 AM
Great paint job!

Thanks!

It's Hydro dipping (Hydro Graphic Water Transfer), done by specialty Graphics -
http://www.mywingbling.com/home.html

Great people, Michael & Karla, to work with.

choptop
03-08-2014, 04:33 AM

Congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!!

naga viper
03-08-2014, 11:57 AM
What dealership did your purchase your new toy from?

The bike looks great! Make sure you apply several coats of Liquid Glass to the paint. Follow the directions on the can and you may be able to avoid the dreaded "swirl marks".

Safe Riding

Bob I went to Blackmans Cycle in Emmaus was by far the best dealership I've purchased from and best trade in I.e over phone.
Had to re clean bike last night the clean up kid sprayed detail spray on plastic so entire bike was covered in silicon applied one coat of l.g. still swirls very disappointing I traded my 2008 that looks 1million times nicer paint
Will not be riding till we get some rain to wash the roads.

bob109
03-08-2014, 05:27 PM
Bob I went to Blackmans Cycle in Emmaus was by far the best dealership I've purchased from and best trade in I.e over phone.
Had to re clean bike last night the clean up kid sprayed detail spray on plastic so entire bike was covered in silicon applied one coat of l.g. still swirls very disappointing I traded my 2008 that looks 1million times nicer paint
Will not be riding till we get some rain to wash the roads.

Glad to hear you got a "Good Trade" from a "Good Dealer:041: Best of luck with your new F6B! You'll soon discover you've purchased one of the finest bikes on the market. The handling and linear power is unequalled:icon_wink:

Bob