http://www.harborfreight.com/motorcycle-wheel-cleaning-stand-98800.html

Anyone tried this, for cleaning wheels?

Arkf6bRider
03-01-2014, 10:34 PM
Looks that would make the job a little easier

BigO
03-01-2014, 10:36 PM
Looks that would make the job a little easier

Yes sir, that's what I thought, especially for us that don't have center stands.

MichaelG
03-02-2014, 01:12 AM
Yes sir, that's what I thought, especially for us that don't have center stands.

BigO....buy a centerstand. It has 1000 uses for this bike. For the cheap price of less than $ 100.00, brand new, as a take off item when a shop is making a trike, there are many of them available online, and you can even check with one of our forum sponsors...HOR (Honda of Russellville) as they offer a lot of them. There is a lot of maintenanmce that you will wish you had the centerstand.

Personally, I park my bike 99 % of the time on the centerstand, because I know......that I want my engine oil to be level and equal throughout the bottom end of my engine, when I start the bike.

As for cleaning the wheels...I thought you read that all members on the forum had to have their wheels powder-coated, so that the wheels can simply be wiped down, rather than scrubbed. :icon_wink:

Steve 0080
03-02-2014, 09:13 AM
I had my bike up in the air last night on my Pit Bull Lift and added Ride on to both tires,,,I actually removed the rear wheel to make it easier!!!! I also have the thicker belly pan, and it was a non issue……as far as the unit you are asking about when I clean or check the air in the front I just grab the wheel and turn it by hand! I have looked at that unit but did not think it was worth it!

BigO
03-02-2014, 09:37 AM
BigO....buy a centerstand. It has 1000 uses for this bike. For the cheap price of less than $ 100.00, brand new, as a take off item when a shop is making a trike, there are many of them available online, and you can even check with one of our forum sponsors...HOR (Honda of Russellville) as they offer a lot of them. There is a lot of maintenanmce that you will wish you had the centerstand.

Personally, I park my bike 99 % of the time on the centerstand, because I know......that I want my engine oil to be level and equal throughout the bottom end of my engine, when I start the bike.

As for cleaning the wheels...I thought you read that all members on the forum had to have their wheels powder-coated, so that the wheels can simply be wiped down, rather than scrubbed. :icon_wink:

Good point, Miles. I don't have any desire to wrench on my bike, all my time is put into my big truck when I'm off. I rarely clean it myself, my neighbor takes care of that, when it does get dirty, mostly from sitting.

BigO
03-02-2014, 09:41 AM
I had my bike up in the air last night on my Pit Bull Lift and added Ride on to both tires,,,I actually removed the rear wheel to make it easier!!!! I also have the thicker belly pan, and it was a non issue……as far as the unit you are asking about when I clean or check the air in the front I just grab the wheel and turn it by hand! I have looked at that unit but did not think it was worth it!
How much clearance does one have after adding the center stand. My bike sits pretty low with me on it.

MichaelG
03-02-2014, 11:20 AM
How much clearance does one have after adding the center stand. My bike sits pretty low with me on it.

BigO, the centerstand will not be the lowest point of the bike. There are several forum members that are...shall we say...big guys...and some that weigh over 400 lbs. IMHO, adding the centerstand will not be a problem. If in doubt, jack up the rear shock spring preload.

Ericb445
03-02-2014, 10:42 PM
I have this wheel cleaner from HF
Save your cash, the F6 is too heavy for it. Even on the center stand just for the front wheel it's still iffy.