PDA

View Full Version : What a machine!

miramiramira
03-01-2014, 11:53 PM
whatamachinewhatamachinewhatamachine

seriously. whatamachine!

F6B-RICH
03-02-2014, 01:28 AM
I guess you like your F6B .batman-smilie.

Texas TC
03-02-2014, 02:00 AM
As I have mentioned on this forum several times, the F6B is the best motorcycle I have owned in my 50 years of riding!

Hornblower
03-02-2014, 06:50 AM

seriously. whatamachine!

You'resorightyou'resorightyour'resoright:icon_bigg rin:

Steve 0080
03-02-2014, 09:08 AM
+1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 "fireybat"

MichaelG
03-02-2014, 09:43 AM

seriously. whatamachine!

I think that miramiramira has earned a new name....3pete "batsmiley"

BigO
03-02-2014, 10:10 AM
As I have mentioned on this forum several times, the F6B is the best motorcycle I have owned in my 50 years of riding!
Wow, you been riding longer than, I've been living..

F6B-RICH
03-02-2014, 12:44 PM

+ 1 :icon_lol: .batman-smilie.

Texas TC
03-02-2014, 12:48 PM

Yep, a situation that occurs when you start riding at 15 and get too dammed old!:yikes:

opas ride
03-02-2014, 01:19 PM
Getting old ain't much fun unless you ride an F6B...I just turned 74 last month and have been riding some kind of 2 wheeled motor since my first ride..A 1952 Whizzer motorbike..... Many, many moons ago....Ride Safe!!!

motozeke
03-02-2014, 01:40 PM
This bike is a "GT" in the classic sense; just the right blend of luxury, comfort, practicality and performance. With Goldwing build quality and reliability. So much better and well-rounded a package than my Multistrada 1200, at about the same price.

If somebody's in the market for a sport bike, an adventure bike, a retro classic, a lightweight day tripper... well, this is not the bike for you. But if anybody's in the sport touring market they should look at this bike before they pull the trigger on an FJR, K1600, ST1300, Multistrada, GS, you name it. I suspect many don't because of the Goldwing name and the weight, but that's a mistake. What you gain in comfort, storage, weather protection, wind protection and ride quality while sacrificing somewhat in ground clearance and weight represents too great a bargain to ignore.

motoman
03-02-2014, 03:15 PM
So much better and well-rounded a package than my Multistrada 1200, at about the same price.

Wow! :yikes:

That statement would create quite a stir on the Multistrada board. Have you posted it there? Since you have both, you must qualified to compare.

What don't you like about your Multi? What year is it, and are you planning to sell it? I tend to think they are very different bikes, but the more I ride my F6B, the more I realize that the perceived bulk of the F6 is just plastic, and if you can get your mind past that, you can throw it around just like any other bike...

What year is your Multi? I do know that Ducati made some improvements for 2013 which made it much smoother and more enjoyable...

unsub
03-02-2014, 04:26 PM
This bike is a "GT" in the classic sense; just the right blend of luxury, comfort, practicality and performance. With Goldwing build quality and reliability. So much better and well-rounded a package than my Multistrada 1200, at about the same price.

If somebody's in the market for a sport bike, an adventure bike, a retro classic, a lightweight day tripper... well, this is not the bike for you. But if anybody's in the sport touring market they should look at this bike before they pull the trigger on an FJR, K1600, ST1300, Multistrada, GS, you name it. I suspect many don't because of the Goldwing name and the weight, but that's a mistake. What you gain in comfort, storage, weather protection, wind protection and ride quality while sacrificing somewhat in ground clearance and weight represents too great a bargain to ignore.

I hear ya, hence my signature!:icon_biggrin:

In fact, if I had a wish list it would be for Honda to recognize the alter ego of the GL1800, jazz up the ride just a notch and call it an ST1800.:icon_wink:

motozeke
03-02-2014, 04:53 PM
Wow! :yikes:

That statement would create quite a stir on the Multistrada board. Have you posted it there? Since you have both, you must qualified to compare.

What don't you like about your Multi? What year is it, and are you planning to sell it? I tend to think they are very different bikes, but the more I ride my F6B, the more I realize that the perceived bulk of the F6 is just plastic, and if you can get your mind past that, you can throw it around just like any other bike...

What year is your Multi? I do know that Ducati made some improvements for 2013 which made it much smoother and more enjoyable...

I have a 2011 S Touring, and I've been threatening to sell it for over a year (I am going to sell it, I've just been too busy to get it ready to go out the door). I know the suspension and fueling have been improved, but not dramatically.

Even though the F6 is hundreds of pounds heavier, because of how the F6 manages its weight it actually is a lot easier to handle at walking pace. The Multi is superbly balanced under way and certainly feels lighter on its feet than the F6, and it is revvier and more powerful, but that's where the advantages stop. I find it to be loud, uncomfortable, cramped, and the bags are too small. I think as a sport touring platform the F6 has it beat, unless you really want to tear it up in the twisties and then I suspect with equally matched riders the Multi would leave the F6 behind. That's not how I ride anyway, so I won't miss it.

Adios, Multi! :039: