PDA

View Full Version : Out with the old and in flies the wing!!!!!!!

Bosman1
03-02-2014, 05:28 PM
yes: The deed is done. The CVO has been traded for an F6Beauty. Our local Honda dealer gave us a better deal than what Harley was offering.Go figure. So we bought this black beauty without a test drive. We couldn't find the snow tires required.
The back rest and heated grips are coming and the Cobra exhaust will be ordered in a few weeks.
The bug population will take a beating this year, due to the ear to ear grin I expect to take place on any given chance we get to ride.

The accessory books are going to take a beating lmfao. I am in search of a new hitch. We will post our package when the bike lands, not bragging-just friggin happy, lol
I have a question or maybe I should say concern, and I am sure all you meticulous bike owners can send me in the right direction.

There were two F6B demos for sale at the dealer. Both bikes had heavy swirl and scratch marks and blemishes in the paint. The finish quality on the bikes seem weak, or the dealer really needs to be schooled in cleaning supplies. I have owned several fairing-ed bikes in the past and have never had issues like that. Even with all the gripes we had with the Harley, we never put a mark in the paint.I am assuming lots of soap and water for cleaning and no dry wiping is allowed.

I will wait for all your advice.We want to keep this bike gleaming for a long time. lol

Thank you all for your advice and opinions in my last post. Your opinions on the F6B helped us in our decision making. I can't wait for the first run
:icon_biggrin::icon_biggrin::icon_biggrin:

Play safe.

GONRDN
03-02-2014, 05:36 PM
Once you get past the "not so professionally painted" motorcycle, you'll realize what a great bike you have underneath your a$$. I came off a HD Road King. The seating arrangement took me about 2 days to get used to. But now I can't see myself on any other bike. Lots of luck with the new pony, rubber side down always and cut your credit cards in half now. That's all I have to say.

P.S. If it didn't come with a center stand, buy one. Well worth the money.

bob109
03-02-2014, 05:44 PM
Give your new bike several coats of Liquid Glass. That will "seal" the paint with a hard shell finish. Follow the application directions on the can and your will be "golden"!

Enjoy your new toy:icon_biggrin:

MichaelG
03-02-2014, 05:48 PM
What GONRDN meant to include about that centerstand is....there are a lot of them available online, and from sponsoring vendors to this forum, like HOR, that make trikes, so they sell centerstands and rear diffs. You can easily find a complete package centerstand with all the nuts, bolts, and spring, for $ 100.00 or less.

Regarding the paint....sore subject on this forum...there are a LOT of posts on the subject, and a simple search for Bad Paint will bring up 1000 posts on it.
Bottomline....get used to it....buy some Liquid Glass polish, read all the posts to see how others have handled it from their end, etc.

The overall package of this bike far outweighs the one shortcoming of the bad paint.

And congrats on your new bike. :039:

Dirtstiff's F6B
03-02-2014, 05:58 PM
Start with buying the Bagger shield that is for sale now, on this forum.
The OEM shield will be the first thing to go.
Good luck and many years of enjoyment.
J

Bosman1
03-02-2014, 07:06 PM
Once you get past the "not so professionally painted" motorcycle, you'll realize what a great bike you have underneath your a$$. I came off a HD Road King. The seating arrangement took me about 2 days to get used to. But now I can't see myself on any other bike. Lots of luck with the new pony, rubber side down always and cut your credit cards in half now. That's all I have to say.

P.S. If it didn't come with a center stand, buy one. Well worth the money.

I will look for a center stand.I will file the parts off that dangle too low in the corner. Pavement makes a nice sanding stone. lol
Handy to have though.

Bosman1
03-02-2014, 07:09 PM
Give your new bike several coats of Liquid Glass. That will "seal" the paint with a hard shell finish. Follow the application directions on the can and your will be "golden"!

Enjoy your new toy:icon_biggrin:

I will grab a few bottles of the liquid glass. I will try to make the clear coat a half inch thick. lol Thanks for the advice, we appreciate it.

Bosman1
03-02-2014, 07:11 PM
Start with buying the Bagger shield that is for sale now, on this forum.
The OEM shield will be the first thing to go.
Good luck and many years of enjoyment.
J

Thanks for the advice. I am sure this machine will make us wonder why we had a Harley. lol

Bosman1
03-02-2014, 07:12 PM
What GONRDN meant to include about that centerstand is....there are a lot of them available online, and from sponsoring vendors to this forum, like HOR, that make trikes, so they sell centerstands and rear diffs. You can easily find a complete package centerstand with all the nuts, bolts, and spring, for $ 100.00 or less.

Regarding the paint....sore subject on this forum...there are a LOT of posts on the subject, and a simple search for Bad Paint will bring up 1000 posts on it.
Bottomline....get used to it....buy some Liquid Glass polish, read all the posts to see how others have handled it from their end, etc.

The overall package of this bike far outweighs the one shortcoming of the bad paint.

And congrats on your new bike. :039:

Thank you for your insight, we appreciate it. I suppose in a few years we can always repaint it. lol

dickiedeals
03-02-2014, 09:04 PM
yes: The deed is done. The CVO has been traded for an F6Beauty. Our local Honda dealer gave us a better deal than what Harley was offering.Go figure. So we bought this black beauty without a test drive. We couldn't find the snow tires required.
The back rest and heated grips are coming and the Cobra exhaust will be ordered in a few weeks.
The bug population will take a beating this year, due to the ear to ear grin I expect to take place on any given chance we get to ride.

The accessory books are going to take a beating lmfao. I am in search of a new hitch. We will post our package when the bike lands, not bragging-just friggin happy, lol
I have a question or maybe I should say concern, and I am sure all you meticulous bike owners can send me in the right direction.

There were two F6B demos for sale at the dealer. Both bikes had heavy swirl and scratch marks and blemishes in the paint. The finish quality on the bikes seem weak, or the dealer really needs to be schooled in cleaning supplies. I have owned several fairing-ed bikes in the past and have never had issues like that. Even with all the gripes we had with the Harley, we never put a mark in the paint.I am assuming lots of soap and water for cleaning and no dry wiping is allowed.

I will wait for all your advice.We want to keep this bike gleaming for a long time. lol

Thank you all for your advice and opinions in my last post. Your opinions on the F6B helped us in our decision making. I can't wait for the first run
:icon_biggrin::icon_biggrin::icon_biggrin:

Play safe.
Liquid Glass, Three Coats of Liquid Glass Baked in the Sun. This will make it as good as it can be short of paint job and clear coat. Honda's paint on the F6B is soft and has no clear coat.....Did I mention Liquid Glass as a fix.. You are going to love this Bike. I traded my 11 Road Glide Ultra and do not regret it a bit. Nothing but Smiles.................Dickie

bobbyf6b
03-02-2014, 11:05 PM
Congrats! I traded a Street Glide for mine almost a year ago and have never missed it.