PDA

View Full Version : 5,122 miles - Ride through Mojave National Preserve and Valley of Fire Video

Elin in So. Cal.
03-02-2014, 09:15 PM
Those of you still having snot (snow) and slice (ice) might enjoy this past weekend's mileage on the Red Queen...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WtveTdgoEK8

I had a fabulous four-day weekend in Ls Vegas and environs on the Red Queen. Here's a video coming out of the Valley of Fire, yesterday, done holding the phone until I absolutely HAD to downshift on the 6% grade to the visitor's center.
And here's a picture of the Red Queen in the middle of the Mojave National Preserve. Around 175 miles of NOTHING but silence and beautiful vistas. Temps in the 60s and not much wind. Later I got drenched in the pass west of Palm Springs, but had my Frog Toggs to keep me dry (for the most part). A real gully washer of a storm with 3-4" in the gutters made me appreciate taking the rain gear!

Here's the Red Queen parked in the silence and austerity of the Mojave National Preserve. I had to take a pee break, and there was a good little gully, and just no cars coming for miles and miles and Miles.

And then there was the award for "best bike" at the Winter Nationals of Women in the Wind for that Red Queen paint job. :icon_wink: I be one happy camper. Tired tonight, having a couple of White Russians and a nice fire in the fireplace.

miramiramira
03-02-2014, 09:36 PM
Superb! (I guess I should write that twice more)
Superb!
Superb!

Elin in So. Cal.
03-02-2014, 09:38 PM
I met some really interesting characters in Las Vegas... but I would much prefer to be over the open road..... Just sayin'.

1951vbs
03-02-2014, 09:42 PM
Beautiful ride Elin, thanks for sharing. I have been fortunate to ride that area a few times, very fine indeed!

bobbyf6b
03-02-2014, 10:10 PM
Congrats on the award but you're breaking the rules. What happens in Vegas, stays in Vegas. :shhh:

Steve 0080
03-03-2014, 08:40 AM
Very nice !!!! just can’t get used to the lack of green ….

coffee_weasle
03-03-2014, 12:12 PM
i miss riding in the desert.... so much .violin.

FlaMike
03-03-2014, 05:16 PM
Looks like a Kick-a$$ road trip. Someday, maybe, I can get further West than TX.

Paint on bike looks sweet. Kudos on the "Best Bike" and your efforts was rewarded!! 'all/right'