PDA

View Full Version : battery

choptop
03-03-2014, 03:19 PM
Got my new bike delivered with what was essentially a dead battery. 6 seconds of cranking after a cold night and the solenoid was clicking. If then spent a -10 degrees night basically dead. Should I feel it will be good to go with a good charging or should I be suspect of it.

4DI2D
03-03-2014, 03:26 PM
Unless and older battery sits long enough to sulphate it can usually be restored.

A new battery can be fully charged and used indefinitely.

Don't be in a hurry!

Don't charge at a high rate, a Battery Tender will do an excellent job over a period of time (Give it 24 hrs.). If the light goes steady green the battery is ready for service.

Steve 0080
03-03-2014, 04:45 PM
+1.............

choptop
03-03-2014, 04:54 PM
Thanks guys.

motoman
03-05-2014, 11:09 PM
I'd take it back. Yes, a battery can be resurrected, but it will never really be the same, and it may have lost a couple of years of life.

Especially on the F6B, the battery is in the bike until sold and unless the dealer has been charging it regularly, it is discharging.

You are entitiled to a fully charged new battery on your new bike. If he dealer tries to tell you it's fine, I'd say well then you can have it and I'll take a new one please! :lolup:

BuzzzPhotos
03-06-2014, 12:22 AM
Got my new bike delivered with what was essentially a dead battery. 6 seconds of cranking after a cold night and the solenoid was clicking. If then spent a -10 degrees night basically dead. Should I feel it will be good to go with a good charging or should I be suspect of it.

Any of us woulda been a little bent. At least it's an easy fix.

choptop
03-06-2014, 04:31 AM
I'd take it back. Yes, a battery can be resurrected, but it will never really be the same, and it may have lost a couple of years of life.

Especially on the F6B, the battery is in the bike until sold and unless the dealer has been charging it regularly, it is discharging.

You are entitiled to a fully charged new battery on your new bike. If he dealer tries to tell you it's fine, I'd say well then you can have it and I'll take a new one please! :lolup:

Finally got a response from them after I sent the General manager an email yesterday,supposedly the Service manager is going to give me a call and send me out new battery.

4DI2D
03-06-2014, 11:35 AM
Persistence pays off!

Be sure to get a battery tender and keep the new battery new.

choptop
03-06-2014, 06:52 PM
Persistence pays off!

Be sure to get a battery tender and keep the new battery new.

Hooked up to one right now.

Bama Bagger
03-07-2014, 01:49 AM
I keep my battery tender near both of my bikes...a real must have for these long Winters! :clap2: