PDA

View Full Version : "CHROMEaholics Anonymous"

Phantom
03-03-2014, 03:48 PM
:banana:

For those of us that belong to the "CHROMEaholics Anonymous" Club

This F6B is Beeeeeuuuuutiful to my eyes :biggthumpup:

It is sporting a ClearView Windshield (our latest Sponsor, their ad to be placed on home page shortly)

Steve 0080
03-03-2014, 04:42 PM
Black and Chrome is a beautiful thing......

Hornblower
03-03-2014, 05:12 PM
Phantom--We all knew Steve 0080 was QFC but are you going to the "bright side" too? I'm sorry if I haven't been paying attention but I didn't see this one coming :yikes:I don't suppose I can disagree with the statement that black and chrome look great together but, for me, that means a whole lot of black and a tiny bit of chome :poke:

FlaMike
03-03-2014, 05:25 PM
I WANT a chrome front wheel!

Not big on plastic chrome thing but I think selected chromed pcs look good on an F6.
Unfortunately, there's that cleaning/polishing thing vs wash, dry, ride.

Phantom
03-03-2014, 05:31 PM
Phantom--We all knew Steve 0080 was QFC but are you going to the "bright side" too? I'm sorry if I haven't been paying attention but I didn't see this one coming :yikes:I don't suppose I can disagree with the statement that black and chrome look great together but, for me, that means a whole lot of black and a tiny bit of chome :poke:

Ken, as you know I have owned several Honda Runes. They came from Honda with a ton of chrome and I still added polished stainless steel side covers. I have had a set of chrome intakes for the past 8 months just waiting to be added to the Rune, I have added a chrome handlebar clock and ambient temperature gauge, WindVest with chrome support brackets, chrome handlebar risers and the list goes on ....

Yes, I have a chrome addiction and you probably also saw that on my Goldwing :icon_redface: ... I confess .... yes I am CFC :crazy2: (Crazy for Chrome)

Hornblower
03-03-2014, 05:45 PM
OK, Tony...BTW, I like your "politically correct" CFC better. I'll use that from now on.

On a semi-serious note, I can see the allure of shiny things on a Rune but, for some reason, it just doesn't seem right on the F6B. To each his own, I suppose :shake2:

Phantom
03-03-2014, 06:10 PM
OK, Tony...BTW, I like your "politically correct" CFC better. I'll use that from now on.

On a semi-serious note, I can see the allure of shiny things on a Rune but, for some reason, it just doesn't seem right on the F6B. To each his own, I suppose :shake2:

Ken, that's why there are at least 31 flavors at Baskin Robbins. We all have our favorites.

Look at the 2 angles on a BLACK Rune attached and then look at the Honda T2 (prototype for the Rune) and it's Blue paint color with Tribal pattern. A F6B with this Blue, Tribal pattern with a little bit of chrome would be something that I would be interested in :headbang: Don't misunderstand me, I truly love the F6B however I have been kicking around and trying to convince myself for the past year to purchase a custom painted Honda of Russellville Blue F6B. 'kickthecan'

RT59
03-03-2014, 07:09 PM
Yes! Nothing like a bit of chrome tastefully selected.

motoman
03-03-2014, 07:58 PM
The pipes are chrome. Or at least look like it.

That's enough for me.

If you need any more than that, your local HD dealer will be glad to help you out.

:jerkit:

However, I might be putting a few Pirate stickers on!

:lolup:

Cool Hand Luke
03-03-2014, 10:17 PM
I like this one much better!

Elin in So. Cal.
03-04-2014, 02:18 AM
...Look at the 2 angles on a BLACK Rune ...'

That rear fender looks like a lobster tail to me... or a shrimp all tucked in like that. Not a fan... maybe a dog tucking its tail? The F6B is all sleek and forward looking. This bike looks like someone tied a can to its tail! :no:

Scotrod
03-04-2014, 09:24 AM
I have an OEM rear 'polished/silver' rim already,,, EZ to find and plentiful,,, The FRONT rims are a bit harder to come by!!!

Looks Good, Phantom! :yes:

(Disclaimer: Gotta buncha Bubba-trucks and fart-can cars here in all black,,, I have no desire to 'go-there', but as always, YMMV,,)

Phantom
03-04-2014, 11:30 PM
Just a different look :icon_cool::yes:

Steve 0080
03-05-2014, 12:25 AM
"politically correct” Sucks!