PDA

View Full Version : trailer hitches

Bosman1
03-03-2014, 07:45 PM
We have a Sarasota Motorcycle Trailer and I was wondering if anyone has installed a trailer hitch on the Black Beauty.
We had a hidden hitch on the Harley which I found the finish quality not to be so great. I know what you are all thinking.... It seems to fit with the paint issues. I know that wasn't funny....:icon_mrgreen::shhh::shhh::shhh::icon_mrg reen:

There seems to be a few to pick from, and I am open to suggestions.
Thanks

FlaMike
03-03-2014, 08:01 PM
On previous bikes I've used Bushtec, HitchDoc hitches but this time I installed Rivco Hitch. Went on okay, but it does require a bit of work. Saddlebag release cables have to be relocated, as they come under frame exactly where right strut goes from frame to hitch. Moving cable not hard.

Choose it because it because it's Aluminum, doesn't weight anything and well built. Also has struts that go directly to frame under seat (similar to Bushtec) as opposed to those that connect to subframe behind License Plate. Not a big deal to me, as the trailer I pull is very light. You will have to cut a hole in rear panel under Lic plate.
Very happy with end result.

On wiring, I cheated and used Kury Isolator and acc pigtail that picks up your wiring feeds (brake, Tail, Turn) from back of bike.
Made the wiring part relatively easy.

Rivco #GL18007-30
Kury #7676 Trailer Harness
#3234 Acc. Harness

Steve 0080
03-04-2014, 12:34 AM
I have limited experience with a hitch on a bike…I have the Bushtec because Bushtec made it…the best trailer must have also made the best hitch ???