PDA

View Full Version : Question on Mustang Seat

stepbill
03-04-2014, 01:02 PM
I like the looks of the seat alot but it looks like on their web site that it does not come with a backrest. Does anyone know if this is true or not? I diffently need that back support!

Cool Hand Luke
03-04-2014, 01:56 PM
If you want a backrest than pick another seat, Mustang does not come or offer backrest at this time for this seat. The reason is that this seat is very different than any other Mustang seat and it comes with 8" of vertical lumbar support built in the seat itself.

Look at the picture of my bike with the Mustang seat below:

I did over 1000 miles on it recently in couple of days and the built in lumbar support fits the bill perfectly for me. Additional backrest is not needed in my opinion.

But opinions vary. So, if you want a removable and adjustable backrest try Ultimate, Corbin and others.

RickW
03-04-2014, 02:40 PM
I like the looks of the seat alot but it looks like on their web site that it does not come with a backrest. Does anyone know if this is true or not? I diffently need that back support!

There is not an option for a Drivers Backrest with that specific Tripper Fastback Seat from Mustang. They may sometime have an option but not in the near future.
We have sold a few of them already with feedback from everyone that there is enough back support. The feedback also has been 100% positive at least from our customers.

Hope this helps.
Rick

RickW
03-04-2014, 02:41 PM
If you want a backrest than pick another seat, Mustang does not come or offer backrest at this time for this seat. The reason is that this seat is very different than any other Mustang seat and it comes with 8" of vertical lumbar support built in the seat itself.

Look at the picture of my bike with the Mustang seat below:

I did over 1000 miles on it recently in couple of days and the built in lumbar support fits the bill perfectly for me. Additional backrest is not needed in my opinion.

But opinions vary. So, if you want a removable and adjustable backrest try Ultimate, Corbin and others.

Those are some incredibly nice pictures.

Cool Hand Luke
03-04-2014, 08:18 PM
Those are some incredibly nice pictures.

Thanks, I love downtown St. Petersburg FL!

FlyinF
03-04-2014, 08:32 PM
This is my Mustang seat backrest.

Steve 0080
03-05-2014, 12:44 AM
Mustang seat is near perfect…no back rest needed!!!

gwprime
03-06-2014, 12:39 PM
I purchased my f6b from the dealership and they sold me the mustang seat. Reason I paid extra was I am 5'9 and the mustang seat drops you down an extra inch which get me totally flat footed on the ground.

Phantom
03-06-2014, 09:37 PM
I purchased my f6b from the dealership and they sold me the mustang seat. Reason I paid extra was I am 5'9 and the mustang seat drops you down an extra inch which get me totally flat footed on the ground.

New home for this mis-located post. :icon_cool::yes: