PDA

View Full Version : SuperBrace Install Video — F6B Police Special

SuperBrace
03-06-2014, 03:44 PM
SuperBrace — The Ultimate Motorcycle Fork Stabilizer

Cruiseman's Garage shows all required tools and how easy it is to install a SuperBrace in just a few minutes.

>> View or purchase the F6B SuperBrace Fork Brace at superbrace.com (http://superbrace.com/shop/2318-honda-goldwing-1800-f6b/)

>> Great posts, content, and deals on our Facebook Fan Page (https://www.facebook.com/superbrace)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D_ClgMTJ04A

http://superbrace.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/2318B.jpg (http://superbrace.com/shop/2318-honda-goldwing-1800-f6b/)

GiddyupF6B
03-06-2014, 05:38 PM
Great, now keep them in stock at Wingstuff so I can use this install video! One week delay ordering a brace from them?

SuperBrace
03-06-2014, 06:12 PM
GiddyupF6B, this is a hot item and we're in 6th gear, wide open on production. Chin up, they're coming soon. 'riding'

GiddyupF6B
03-06-2014, 07:46 PM
GiddyupF6B, this is a hot item and we're in 6th gear, wide open on production. Chin up, they're coming soon. 'riding'

That's good to hear! :041: They're 2 other companies making the same product and I chose your brand. Can't wait to get it.

F6B-RICH
03-06-2014, 07:49 PM
Great, now keep them in stock at Wingstuff so I can use this install video! One week delay ordering a brace from them?

Thats what they told me when I ordered mine last month.It took a little over 2 weeks before they shipped mine .batman-smilie.

GiddyupF6B
03-06-2014, 08:16 PM
Thats what they told me when I ordered mine last month.It took a little over 2 weeks before they shipped mine .batman-smilie.

Wingstuff told me a 5 day delay. If it's going to be 2 weeks I'll cancel and order a different one currently in stock. I'm not brand loyal with this item but I will use a board sponsor for the sale!

db24
03-07-2014, 08:21 AM
The bigger question is what makes this bike the "police special?" What options, enhancements?

SuperBrace
03-07-2014, 02:32 PM
This bike has custom police lights, not sure about the other features. The video is intended to show the SuperBrace install, not necessarily to show the features of the bike; besides Police Special sounds dope.

Here is another version of the video showing the lights:

http://youtu.be/AoGIDHCe1a4

4DI2D
03-07-2014, 03:53 PM
Lights, siren, radio . . . .rider with badge and big gun!

GONRDN
03-07-2014, 05:48 PM
One question, why loosen the pinch bolts on the lower forks. And if you dont have a center stand how would you do it.

BLACKBETTY12
03-07-2014, 07:59 PM
One question, why loosen the pinch bolts on the lower forks. And if you dont have a center stand how would you do it.

Good Question! I was wondering the same thing although I have a center stand.

db24
03-07-2014, 10:16 PM
Lights, siren, radio . . . .rider with badge and big gun!

Get that, but I was wondering about performance mods. Maybe no speed restrictors, high speed rated tires (potential proven mods for the rest of us!)

GONRDN
03-07-2014, 10:25 PM
Good Question! I was wondering the same thing although I have a center stand.

Right? I have the center stand also, but I just saw the install instructions for the Kury brace and it says nothing about loosening the lower fork bolts. Just interested why he does it for the superbrace.

I hope Superbrace chimes in and explains why.

SuperBrace
03-08-2014, 01:19 PM
Hello F6B Forum,
To answer all your questions on the SuperBrace install, Lets start with the "Loosening of the axle bolt/pinch bolts question." Many riders want to know why do you have to loosen the axle pinch bolts/axle bolt when you put on your SuperBrace. Well the simple answer is sometimes when a front tire is changed, the mechanic over tightens the axle bolt because they are in a hurry. What happens then is the dimension from center to center on the fork legs change.
Now this creates a couple of problems. With the over tightening of the axle and the fork legs not straight, problem one is your fork seals are wearing out faster because the fork legs are pinched in. This gets us to problem two. Now the SuperBrace doesn't fit because the center to center dimension is not correct. By loosening the axle pinch bolt/axle will allow the fork legs to relax and go back to the correct center to center dimension. Now you can install your SuperBrace correctly. Follow the install instructions and Re-torque your axle bolt back to the factory specification. Now this leads me to a couple of other questions that riders ask all the time. "Why does the Kuryakyn brace bolt right on without loosening the axle bolt." Well there is a simple answer to that. The Kuryakyn brace is adjustable with slots in the top to adjust it to whatever dimension is on the bike. Hhhmmmm. The interesting thing about that is if the mechanic changing your tire over tightens the axle bolt and you wanted to put a fork brace on your bike, the Kuryakyn brace would easily install with your over tightened axle. You would NEVER know. Then later the fork seal blows out. This is the way I see it. There is only one center to center dimension on the fork legs. And yes there is a very very small manufactures tolerance on this dimension for you machinist guys. The SuperBrace is NOT adjustable and has the correct center to center dimension just like the motorcycles triple clamps that are holding the fork legs. Obviously the triple clamps are NOT abjustable, so why would your brace be? Did you ever hear of an adjustable triple clamp? Of course not. There is only one center to center dimension from top to bottom and you want that to be perfectly parallel and on the right centers. An adjusting fork brace just adjusts to your problem. If the SuperBrace doesn't fit on the sliders correctly, you now know you have an over tightened axle and you will need to loosen it. I hope this has given riders a better perspective on how the SuperBrace works.
Ride safe,
SuperBrace :yes:

GiddyupF6B
03-19-2014, 07:35 AM
I got my brace in the mail yesterday.....going to install it now. Looks pretty straight forward and simple with Cruiserman's video. I'm going in! Gonna knock out the mini floor boards and mount my Ipod while I'm at it. :icon_mrgreen:

F6B-RICH
03-19-2014, 08:15 AM
Have fun super easy to do.I guess it was longer then the 5 day delay .batman-smilie.

GiddyupF6B
03-19-2014, 10:06 AM
Have fun super easy to do.I guess it was longer then the 5 day delay .batman-smilie.

Yeah just a little! I contacted customer service and they won me over.....:icon_redface: I put the brace on and tested the front, it seemed to bind up on me. I watched the end of the video and it appeared I had it a little too low so I moved it up and same thing? I took the brace off and rocked the front end, it seemed fine at first but then sometimes it seems to bind or just stop dampening. I'm not sure if user error or what but I walked away from it for today. In a couple of days I will rock the bike without the brace to see how it reacts then install the brace and hopefully all will be well.

F6B-RICH
03-19-2014, 01:16 PM
Yeah just a little! I contacted customer service and they won me over.....:icon_redface: I put the brace on and tested the front, it seemed to bind up on me. I watched the end of the video and it appeared I had it a little too low so I moved it up and same thing? I took the brace off and rocked the front end, it seemed fine at first but then sometimes it seems to bind or just stop dampening. I'm not sure if user error or what but I walked away from it for today. In a couple of days I will rock the bike without the brace to see how it reacts then install the brace and hopefully all will be well.

That sucks.My only problem was when I had to install the dust covers I dropped one and stepped back right on to it and smushed it :icon_doh:Called SuperBrace and no problem they sent me 2 new dust covers and they got them to me quick in the mail.Great customer service at SuperBrace.If I remember his name was Scott .batman-smilie.

Elin in So. Cal.
03-19-2014, 05:00 PM

I rode over there last week and picked up one... musta been yours. Sorrreeee!

And Rick over there tells me that these are new-to-them larger digs than where they were last year, so some delays can be expected. Really NICE location! (Worthy of a ride over any time!)

coffee_weasle
03-19-2014, 06:31 PM
i'm wondering why the superbrace goldwing install calls for bouncing the front wheel before the re-torque of the pinch bolts
and the f6b video does not, hmmm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wrYkHDZYS_Q

GiddyupF6B
03-19-2014, 10:14 PM
i'm wondering why the superbrace goldwing install calls for bouncing the front wheel before the re-torque of the pinch bolts

Good find! I am reinstalling mine on Saturday and will give this method a shot.

F6B-RICH
03-19-2014, 10:56 PM

I did it that way.Loosened the pinch bolts did the install then bounced the front end and re-torqued the pinch bolts .batman-smilie.

Elin in So. Cal.
03-20-2014, 12:11 AM
I did it that way.Loosened the pinch bolts did the install then bounced the front end and re-torqued the pinch bolts .batman-smilie.

I'm going to have to invite a bunch of friends over to do the "bounce" on that front end. I can't see me doing it solo... :165fs373950:

Hornblower
03-20-2014, 08:03 AM
I'm going to have to invite a bunch of friends over to do the "bounce" on that front end. I can't see me doing it solo... :165fs373950:

Sure you can, Elin. Anybody can do it. Just straddle the seat (feet on the ground), hold your front brake lever, and push forward. The forks will compress. I don't believe it's necessary to fully bottom out the forks. Just do that 2 or 3 times and you're good to go.

F6B-RICH
03-20-2014, 08:12 AM

I did it on the center stand.Stood on my floorboards squeezed the front brake/grabbed the bars and rocked :headbang: forward bouncing the front end .batman-smilie.

coffee_weasle
03-20-2014, 08:27 AM

Elin, couldn't you just wait for an earthquake?