PDA

View Full Version : RUSH black pipes

mercator1
03-08-2014, 09:12 AM
Anyone installed the RUSH black pipes on their F6B? Does it require tuning the computer module?

Scotrod
03-08-2014, 09:23 AM
A couple have,,, (Bruce B has 'em)
No re-tune needed.
More will respond shortly

F6B-RICH
03-08-2014, 09:51 AM
If you do a quick search there is a Rush Pipes thread with 32 replies .batman-smilie.

LSA376
03-08-2014, 10:55 AM
I have a used set for sale if interested. $275.00 plus shipping.

bigdew
03-08-2014, 11:19 AM
I have a set on mine now for over 6 months now and love them. Great exotic car sound and color of the pipes go well with the bike. You will have to paint your front trim pieces in front of the pipes to match. I give them a thumbs up and cant go wrong. I do have a slight drone but doesn't bother me and will probably be installing torq loopz soon. There is no changing computer the O2 sensors adjust everything for you.

CaptRob
03-18-2014, 06:35 PM

I am interested in your Rush slip ons!! Rob 770 527 9917

Philbert40
03-18-2014, 07:34 PM
Sorry Rob.....I beat you to them. I now have them on my beast and am waiting for the trim pieces to come back from the powder coater. They sound GREAT!:041:

CaptRob
03-18-2014, 10:18 PM
Just my luck!! A day late and a dollar short!!! :banghead: I am trying to make up my mind on pipes!!!! I am worried about all that cash"ccsmiley" then drone sounds!!! I really like the look of the cobras I have seen good and bad hmmmmmmm

Trailercash
03-19-2014, 04:38 AM
I have a set on mine now for over 6 months now and love them. Great exotic car sound and color of the pipes go well with the bike. You will have to paint your front trim pieces in front of the pipes to match. I give them a thumbs up and cant go wrong. I do have a slight drone but doesn't bother me and will probably be installing torq loopz soon. There is no changing computer the O2 sensors adjust everything for you.

I also have the Rush black. Just installed the longer tips from Rush and have no drone now.

dickiedeals
03-19-2014, 05:00 AM
I also have the Rush black. Just installed the longer tips from Rush and have no drone now.

Yea, What he said!..................Dickie

FlyinF
03-19-2014, 08:02 AM
I have Rush installed and have done several long trips and they are great. I did start off with 2.5 mufflers and they were just a little too "deep" for me, went down to the next smaller diameter and they are still mellow but not as deep. Get many compliments on the sound. for the price you cannot go wrong.

Jalecom
03-19-2014, 12:00 PM

Still for sale? I'm interested.

Gperson
03-25-2014, 07:02 PM
Hey guys,
How about posting pics and sound clips of your Rush (extended tips) exhaust.
Looking to hear your exhaust with the 2.25" or the newest 2.0" baffles.

Thanks in advance!! :041:

Gperson

SHOCKER7718
04-30-2014, 10:12 PM
Hey guys,
How about posting pics and sound clips of your Rush (extended tips) exhaust.
Looking to hear your exhaust with the 2.25" or the newest 2.0" baffles.

Thanks in advance!! :041:

Gperson

I also would like to hear this. I would also like to have a scale to get idea of how loud they are compared to the stock pipes. For example 1 being the quietness and 10 being the loudest. So if you have the 2.5 baffles that would be the loudest so that would be a 10. The 2.25 baffles that would be a 8 on the scale and the 2.0 baffles would a 6 on the scale. So with that said where would the stock pipes fall on the scale from 1 to 10. Thank for the info I think this would give a better idea of what people are wonder how loud the rush pipes are.

SHOCKER7718
04-30-2014, 10:13 PM
Yea, What he said!..................Dickie

I would also like to have a scale to get idea of how loud they are compared to the stock pipes. For example 1 being the quietness and 10 being the loudest. So if you have the 2.5 baffles that would be the loudest so that would be a 10. The 2.25 baffles that would be a 8 on the scale and the 2.0 baffles would a 6 on the scale. So with that said where would the stock pipes fall on the scale from 1 to 10. Thank for the info I think this would give a better idea of what people are wonder how loud the rush pipes are.

Bruce B
04-30-2014, 10:33 PM
I would also like to have a scale to get idea of how loud they are compared to the stock pipes. For example 1 being the quietness and 10 being the loudest. So if you have the 2.5 baffles that would be the loudest so that would be a 10. The 2.25 baffles that would be a 8 on the scale and the 2.0 baffles would a 6 on the scale. So with that said where would the stock pipes fall on the scale from 1 to 10. Thank for the info I think this would give a better idea of what people are wonder how loud the rush pipes are.

The stock pipes would be a 2 on the loudness scale. With Rush, I started out with the 2.5" baffles but went to the 2.25 to tone it down a bit. Then splurged on the extended tips (Rush part # 4025B) and went back to the 2.5" baffles. I'll probably be leaving it this way. I get a lot of compliments on the appearance and the sound of the Rush units.

dickiedeals
05-01-2014, 07:01 AM
The stock pipes would be a 2 on the loudness scale. With Rush, I started out with the 2.5" baffles but went to the 2.25 to tone it down a bit. Then splurged on the extended tips (Rush part # 4025B) and went back to the 2.5" baffles. I'll probably be leaving it this way. I get a lot of compliments on the appearance and the sound of the Rush units.

Black Rush Pipes 4025B Tips 2 1/2 baffle Powder coated heat Shields. Get great comments all the time on looks and sound. Even from Harley Riders. Went to The HD Dealer in East Orlando Fl. with my buddy yesterday(Getting 10000 mile service) and was quite surprised at the positive comments I got on my F6B. The service manager even took it for a test ride. Came back with a smile on his face.......Sorry I didn't mean to high jack the Thread..................Dickie

SHOCKER7718
05-01-2014, 12:44 PM

Why did you go back to the 2.5 does the longer tips make that much of a difference in the sound ?

Bruce B
05-01-2014, 11:11 PM
Why did you go back to the 2.5 does the longer tips make that much of a difference in the sound ?

The longer tips took some of the edge off the drone and made the 2.5s more pleasant than they were. Didn't really quiet them down any. That's not what I was after. I like the sound which I find to be loud but not offensive. I may be a member of the geriatric set but there's still a bit of hooligan blood in there.

SHOCKER7718
05-02-2014, 05:39 PM
The longer tips took some of the edge off the drone and made the 2.5s more pleasant than they were. Didn't really quiet them down any. That's not what I was after. I like the sound which I find to be loud but not offensive. I may be a member of the geriatric set but there's still a bit of hooligan blood in there.

Just purchased the Chrome Rush Pipes 4025B Tips 2.25 baffles. Hoping I made the right choice. Definitely wanted something LOUDER than the stock pipes looking for that aggressive exotic sports car sound you can hear but I didn't want a migraine from very very loud exhaust that's cause ear piercing pain. Guess if it's not loud enough for me I can always splurge and buy the 2.5 baffles! So when I get the new exhaust do you guys recommend doing a reboot by unplugging the negative terminal on the battery?

NCF6B
05-04-2014, 05:09 AM
I have the chrome rush pipes, with the extension and 2.0 baffles. They sound great, no drone. Had the 2.5's originally and opted for the smaller diameter after talking with Rush. Many compliments on look and sound. May consider 2.25 if and when budget allows. Rode in a class yesterday with Gls 1800s to 1000s and received nothing but compliments from the other riders. Many commented on maneuverability. "Ya just gotta luv it"

SHOCKER7718
05-17-2014, 03:27 PM
I have the chrome rush pipes, with the extension and 2.0 baffles. They sound great, no drone. Had the 2.5's originally and opted for the smaller diameter after talking with Rush. Many compliments on look and sound. May consider 2.25 if and when budget allows. Rode in a class yesterday with Gls 1800s to 1000s and received nothing but compliments from the other riders. Many commented on maneuverability. "Ya just gotta luv it"

Hey guys just have a question for you. I just got my new chrome rush slip ons with 2.25 baffles with the extended tips (4025B)! The pipes look great sounds good but it's not nearly as loud as I thought it would be just deeper! If you go with a bigger baffle does it get louder or does it just get deeper? I would say with the new pipes installed there just slightly louder than the stock pipes. Is it possible that the company sent me the wrong baffles? Is there a way I can check? Also has anybody heard that rush offers 3.0 baffles for the Honda F6B if so I love to hear your input. thanks can't wait to hear from you guys! The pipes that were sent to me were in a big louie box It say for v twin bikes is this correct? THEY mount just fine on the bike. Is this the name for all the pipes that go on the Honda Goldwing or F6B from RUSH? Well im wanting more sound was trying to figure out if the 2.5 baffles (8050S-250B) would give me the sound im looking for or the 3.0 baffles (8050S-300B).

Hornblower
06-14-2014, 09:51 AM
Well, you can add me to the list of Rush pipe owners :icon_biggrin:. I picked up this used set from Johnny B. in Georgia. Thanks, Johnny! Anyway, they are the black pipes with 2.5" baffles. They sound great but I definitely want to add the extended tips. Does anybody know where I can pick up a set of the long tips, either the Rush 4025B tips or something equivalent? I'd appreciate any help anyone can provide. Thanks! --Ken B.

Deer Slayer
06-14-2014, 05:00 PM
Well, you can add me to the list of Rush pipe owners :icon_biggrin:. I picked up this used set from Johnny B. in Georgia. Thanks, Johnny! Anyway, they are the black pipes with 2.5" baffles. They sound great but I definitely want to add the extended tips. Does anybody know where I can pick up a set of the long tips, either the Rush 4025B tips or something equivalent? I'd appreciate any help anyone can provide. Thanks! --Ken B.

Dats why u went down to Georgia. :yikes:

Hornblower
06-14-2014, 06:03 PM
Dats why u went down to Georgia. :yikes:

Yep, it's so hard to surprise you :icon_rolleyes:

brewcityf6b
06-22-2014, 07:18 PM

What are your thoughts on them so far? Any feedback from passengers from anyone riding two up?

Hornblower
06-23-2014, 08:07 AM
What are your thoughts on them so far? Any feedback from passengers from anyone riding two up?

First, let me mention that, with Dickie Deals help, I found a pair of the 4025B extended tips which should arrive later this week. Thanks to several others that mentioned possible sources for these tips. Much appreciated :yes:!

My thoughts so far...I love the black pipes. That was the main reason for switching from the Torq Master chrome pipes. By comparison, the sound is deeper and more "solid". Of course, there is the "hum" at highway speed but I don't mind it that much. From what I understand, the extended tips get the sound further behind and somewhat reduce the hum. I never ride two-up so I can't speak to how this might sound to a passenger. Also, another reason for the extended tips is that I prefer the look of the tips extending out from under the saddlebags. I plan to post a pic later this week once I have the new tips installed. And, BTW, I already painted the chrome shields with hi-temp flat black to match the pipes. More chrome now gone :clap2:.

LX2
06-23-2014, 08:13 AM
More chrome now gone :clap2:.

May I ask...........

Where did the chrome go?

Hmmmmmm?:icon_rolleyes:

Hornblower
06-23-2014, 08:35 AM
May I ask...........

Where did the chrome go?

Hmmmmmm?:icon_rolleyes:

Ad just posted in classified :icon_rolleyes:

hoglaw
06-23-2014, 08:48 AM
Black Rush Pipes 4025B Tips 2 1/2 baffle Powder coated heat Shields. Get great comments all the time on looks and sound. Even from Harley Riders. Went to The HD Dealer in East Orlando Fl. with my buddy yesterday(Getting 10000 mile service) and was quite surprised at the positive comments I got on my F6B. The service manager even took it for a test ride. Came back with a smile on his face.......Sorry I didn't mean to high jack the Thread..................Dickie

Dickie, was that Jake? Big guy, grey hair? I hope not since Jake is a good friend of mine and I wanted to let him ride mine.

Hornblower
06-26-2014, 09:52 AM
As promised, here are a few pics of the black Rush pipes with shields painted to match and extended tips:

ghostrider
06-26-2014, 12:25 PM
'partysmile' Sweet!!!! looks good!!

dickiedeals
06-26-2014, 03:52 PM
As promised, here are a few pics of the black Rush pipes with shields painted to match and extended tips:

Diam Horn Blower,They look just like mine! Only mines not so clean you can eat off it! They really look sharp. Like that Red Stripe. Did you do that yourself? See ya in Franklin........................Dickie

Hornblower
06-26-2014, 04:28 PM
Diam Horn Blower,They look just like mine! Only mines not so clean you can eat off it! They really look sharp. Like that Red Stripe. Did you do that yourself? See ya in Franklin........................Dickie

Hey, Dickie! Yeah, I have no problem copying somebody when they have a great idea so thanks for your inspiration that got me looking in this direction.

I really like my red stripes but anytime you do something like this, it may or may not meet with favorable criticism. Frankly, I'm at that stage of my life where I really don't care. If I like something on my bike, that's all I care about. The photo doesn't show the entire bike but I added the red trim molding to the front fairing as well. It follows similar lines as what you see in the rear saddlebag area and I'm quite pleased with it. It's simple, easy to do, and hopefully, tastefully done :icon_biggrin:. If you're interested, the product I used is red trim molding from Auto Zone. I originally bought a roll of that to use on my GTI but decided against it. So, when my buddy DeerSlayer kept bragging about how his red 6 was faster than mine, I decided to add a bit of red to level the playing field :icon_rolleyes:.

Deer Slayer
06-26-2014, 05:36 PM

Purdy! Way to go. Like da Red stripe.'all/right':cheers:

Deer Slayer
06-26-2014, 05:41 PM
Hey, Dickie! Yeah, I have no problem copying somebody when they have a great idea so thanks for your inspiration that got me looking in this direction.

I really like my red stripes but anytime you do something like this, it may or may not meet with favorable criticism. Frankly, I'm at that stage of my life where I really don't care. If I like something on my bike, that's all I care about. The photo doesn't show the entire bike but I added the red trim molding to the front fairing as well. It follows similar lines as what you see in the rear saddlebag area and I'm quite pleased with it. It's simple, easy to do, and hopefully, tastefully done :icon_biggrin:. If you're interested, the product I used is red trim molding from Auto Zone. I originally bought a roll of that to use on my GTI but decided against it. So, when my buddy DeerSlayer kept bragging about how his red 6 was faster than mine, I decided to add a bit of red to level the playing field :icon_rolleyes:.

Ha! You missed a good ride today. To Boone, BBQ, PARKWAY back down US21 NC901 US 64 HOME. :poke::cheers: 253 total.

brewcityf6b
06-26-2014, 08:42 PM

Those pipes look awesome. I think they are the best I've seen so far on the black 6. Are you planning to post a video soon so we can all hear them?

Tunes
06-27-2014, 06:02 AM

Stripes look great, and so do the pipes. Would like to see more pictures of the stripes

SmallPasture
06-27-2014, 06:49 AM
I want I want I want I want.....:icon_mrgreen:

Hornblower
06-27-2014, 08:56 AM
Thanks for the compliments on the stripes and pipes. Reminds me of a tune...Stripes and Pipes Forever :icon_rolleyes: Or maybe that was Stars and Stripes Forever :clap2: BTW, happy July 4th everybody :icon_smflag:

Someone requested a better look at the stripes so I'll see if I can shoot a full side photo soon.

As far as the pipes, I have no plans to shoot a video. The sound on exhaust videos can be very misleading. I will say the Rush pipes offer the best sound, for me, of all I've heard so far. With the 2.5" baffles, the volume is just right and the tone is solid and deep. As you can see, the extended tips get the exhaust outlet beyond the bottom of the bags. Wow, those tips are pricey and, for me, look a bit too elegant. I would have preferred a simple slash-cut but this was all Rush offered for extended-length tips. Perhaps they'll grow on me.

Phantom
06-27-2014, 09:22 AM

Daayyuuuummm ! Ken, that looks sharp !

The red stripe reminds me of a European F6B

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2FOqUKirMtc

brewcityf6b
06-30-2014, 01:04 PM

Well, Hornblower's post, pics and review inspired me. Today I ordered the black Rush with 2.5 inch baffles and the extended tips. Hoping to have them by Thurs or Monday at the latest. Stay tuned for my review. :popcorn:

brewcityf6b
07-08-2014, 11:10 PM
Well, Hornblower's post, pics and review inspired me. Today I ordered the black Rush with 2.5 inch baffles and the extended tips. Hoping to have them by Thurs or Monday at the latest. Stay tuned for my review. :popcorn:

Well I installed the black Rush 2.5 inch with the extended end piece. They look fantastic, but I honestly couldnt ride with them for more than a few blocks with my helmet on because the "drone" was so bad. I'm going to order a set of the 2 inch baffels and see if it makes a difference but IMO I don't see how anyone who wears an open face or full face helmet would be able to ride with these pipes. Just my opinion. Super bummed. Fingers crossed that the smaller baffels make a difference because they look awesome.

Hornblower
07-09-2014, 08:23 AM
Well I installed the black Rush 2.5 inch with the extended end piece. They look fantastic, but I honestly couldnt ride with them for more than a few blocks with my helmet on because the "drone" was so bad. I'm going to order a set of the 2 inch baffels and see if it makes a difference but IMO I don't see how anyone who wears an open face or full face helmet would be able to ride with these pipes. Just my opinion. Super bummed. Fingers crossed that the smaller baffels make a difference because they look awesome.

No doubt, with the 2.5" baffles, the "hum" at highway speeds is quite noticeable. And, adding the extended tips didn't make as much difference in that as I had hoped either. It comes down to what you can tolerate, I suppose. Further, sitting behind a really effective windscreen, like the Madstad, you have little wind noise to mask the hum. It seems to be a tradeoff, right? I absolutely love the deep rumble at idle and even at lower speeds, but, as the rpm's increase, this turns into a hum. Personally, I haven't decided to go to further lengths to reduce this hum. Even so, Brewcity, since you've already ordered the 2" baffles, please post your findings on the comparison between the 2.5 and 2" baffles. That will be very interesting. I'd also be interested to hear how easily the 2.5" baffles can be removed.

brewcityf6b
07-09-2014, 10:01 AM
No doubt, with the 2.5" baffles, the "hum" at highway speeds is quite noticeable. And, adding the extended tips didn't make as much difference in that as I had hoped either. It comes down to what you can tolerate, I suppose. Further, sitting behind a really effective windscreen, like the Madstad, you have little wind noise to mask the hum. It seems to be a tradeoff, right? I absolutely love the deep rumble at idle and even at lower speeds, but, as the rpm's increase, this turns into a hum. Personally, I haven't decided to go to further lengths to reduce this hum. Even so, Brewcity, since you've already ordered the 2" baffles, please post your findings on the comparison between the 2.5 and 2" baffles. That will be very interesting. I'd also be interested to hear how easily the 2.5" baffles can be removed.

Ken, Just out of curiosity, do you where a helmet that covers your ears? Like I said, with my open face it was very pronounced even at a slow cruising speed through the neighborhood. I didn't try sans helmet but considering I won't ride anymore without a helmet, it's kind of a mute point in my situation. Will be calling today about the 2 inch baffles.

brewcityf6b
07-09-2014, 11:05 AM
So, I talked to someone at Rush and he was very friendly and helpful. I explained my situation and he said that the 2.5 inch is a pretty aggressive baffle. He said the 2 inch will tone it down a lot and bring it closer to stock. So, I went ahead and ordered the baffle from the distributor that sold me the pipes. Hoping to have them by Monday at the latest. On a side note, I explained to him that I made the transition from riding V-twins for the past 12 years to the flat 6 and he was super complimentary of the F6 and how "plush" of a ride it is.

Hornblower
07-09-2014, 11:20 AM
Ken, Just out of curiosity, do you where a helmet that covers your ears? Like I said, with my open face it was very pronounced even at a slow cruising speed through the neighborhood. I didn't try sans helmet but considering I won't ride anymore without a helmet, it's kind of a mute point in my situation. Will be calling today about the 2 inch baffles.

Yes, my helmets are either full face or 3/4 with full shield. In addition, I have J&M headsets installed in the helmets. This probably does help to reduce the hum problem but I'm not sure it makes a huge difference :shrug:. Staying tuned to hear your experience with the 2" baffles.

brewcityf6b
07-15-2014, 09:27 AM
I received the 2 inch baffles yesterday and swapped out the 2.5's. Removing the 2.5 was no problem since I had less then 2 miles on those baffles they pulled right out. Rush does a nice job of including removal instructions which I would have needed had there been more mileage on the baffles. Installed the 2 inch and it made a world of difference. I get the resonance in my helmet at certain times while accelerating, however it's not nearly as pronounced as it was with the 2.5. I can see why many just stick with stock as a result of the resonance/hum/drone, however I really like the look of the black pipes and will keep these on for awhile to see how I like them long term. :yes:

Ken - how did you paint your heat shields? Did you sand them down at all before spraying them? Also, was removal difficult? I haven't looked real close yet, but it looks like removing the heat shields may be a little tricky. Looks like there might be other things that need to come off first???

Hornblower
07-15-2014, 12:44 PM
I received the 2 inch baffles yesterday and swapped out the 2.5's. Removing the 2.5 was no problem since I had less then 2 miles on those baffles they pulled right out. Rush does a nice job of including removal instructions which I would have needed had there been more mileage on the baffles. Installed the 2 inch and it made a world of difference. I get the resonance in my helmet at certain times while accelerating, however it's not nearly as pronounced as it was with the 2.5. I can see why many just stick with stock as a result of the resonance/hum/drone, however I really like the look of the black pipes and will keep these on for awhile to see how I like them long term. :yes:

Ken - how did you paint your heat shields? Did you sand them down at all before spraying them? Also, was removal difficult? I haven't looked real close yet, but it looks like removing the heat shields may be a little tricky. Looks like there might be other things that need to come off first???

Brewcity, thanks for the eval on 2" baffles and notes on ease of removal :clap2:

On the heat shields...I elected NOT to remove the shields for painting. It's probably not all that hard but I decided just to mask off the area instead. For paint, I used plasti-kote fast dry engine enamel, in flat black no. 230. Sprayed 3 coats about 10 minutes apart. The color match was pretty good. For prep, I scuffed the shields with a 3M scuffing pad. You could probably use fine steel wool just as well. So far, the paint is holding up just fine but it's a little soon to know how durable this treatment will be.