PDA

View Full Version : Mustang Seat base shape

Slowpoke
03-08-2014, 05:09 PM
Does Mustang build it's own seat pan? and does it conform to the bike's shape better than Mother Honda's?

There is a gap of an inch or so on both sides where the oem seat narrows towards the front (between the pan and thebike).

Being vertically challenged (5'5" or so), any narrowing of the seat would make for a much more secure reach to the ground.

A Mustang seat would set me back better than $800 up here - a lot of money if it turns out no better (no lower) than stock.

Thanks in advance.

F6BPDX
03-08-2014, 05:50 PM
Mustang seat will sit you 1" lower than stock.

Tbone56
03-08-2014, 06:05 PM
Does Mustang build it's own seat pan? and does it conform to the bike's shape better than Mother Honda's?

There is a gap of an inch or so on both sides where the oem seat narrows towards the front (between the pan and thebike).

Being vertically challenged (5'5" or so), any narrowing of the seat would make for a much more secure reach to the ground.

A Mustang seat would set me back better than $800 up here - a lot of money if it turns out no better (no lower) than stock.

Thanks in advance.

Yes, the Mustang seat pan is built so it conforms right to the side panels, no gap at all. So close in fact it makes it a little difficult to remove the side panels, but still possible, according to some reports.

Steve 0080
03-08-2014, 11:47 PM
+1 on the 1” down...

thunder217
04-10-2014, 11:35 PM
I will have to admit guys didn't know if I would like the new Mustang seat or not. But I ordered it anyway because I like the way it looked and it would seat me 1 inch lower. The seat was easy to install and like most addons it changes something. This seat gives the F6B better handling by the operator. The seat allows you to control the 6 better than the stock seat. I am really impressed with the quality and the way it helps you maneuver the beast. I'm over joyed with the amount of control it gives you. :icon_cool:

Tbone56
04-11-2014, 06:54 AM
Yes, a very good seat. Kind of wish I had got the Tuck N Roll, but like the standard also.

thunder217
04-11-2014, 10:25 AM
I did buy the tuck and roll and the seat looks great the roll part is a different leather from the rest of the seat and compliments the bike very well. Still say Honda should get bike of the year for this one.

Richie
04-11-2014, 01:47 PM
Are there any reviews as to passenger comfort with the Mustang seat?

My better half likes to ride but gets num on the stock seat.

Richie

CaptRob
04-11-2014, 09:46 PM
I ordered and paid for a tuck and roll a month or more ago from an ebay dealer!!! NOT delivered yet

Mustangjake
04-11-2014, 09:49 PM
Yea I ordered the tuck & roll also

Steve 0080
04-11-2014, 10:05 PM
Ritchie….I installed reg goldwing foot rests for the passenger…..the stock pegs hurt her knees…you might try the same…. Mustang…no issues...

GiddyupF6B
04-11-2014, 10:25 PM
Ritchie….I installed reg goldwing foot rests for the passenger…..the stock pegs hurt her knees…you might try the same…. Mustang…no issues...

Which foot rests did you install for the passenger? My Girlfriend hates the stock F6B pegs.

fast eddie
04-12-2014, 08:45 AM
my wife hated the stock passenger pegs too went on e bay got stock wing passenger pegs for $30.00 what a deal now she's happy happy !