PDA

View Full Version : Demo ride today on Wing and F6B

Judgejohn
03-08-2014, 07:09 PM
Took the FJR to the dealer. While they were evaluating my trade-in value, took demo ride on F6B as well as GW.

The ride on the GW was a real SHOCKER. Easy to ride and handle. Fun, and at the lowest level, I could just barely see over the windshield. I prefer to look over the windshield.

Plenty of pep and I like the seating position.

F6B felt great as well. Lighter and a little more nimble, but I do like the cruise control on the Wing.

And the trade-in value on my cherry, 2013 FJR? 500 miles, not a scratch on it?
A whopping 10,000.

Can't do it right now. Will probably sell it and then decide, but the FJR is an incredible bike. I just see myself doing a little more two-up riding than I used to, and either the Wing or the F6B SEEM like better choices.

Scotrod
03-08-2014, 07:29 PM
Wing or 6,,, It all depends on your needs.

2 up touring is 'Wing' material.

I'm solo and not much traveling, so a 'bagger' suits me just fine. :yes:

opas ride
03-08-2014, 07:54 PM
Wing is probably the better choice for 2-up touring with more luggage space and better passenger comfort, but the F6B works better for me and I only ride 1-up....BTW, sorry to read of the lousy trade-in value on the FJR, but I was also kind of "stunned" when I saw the Kelly Blue trade in on my 2013 Deluxe with 625 miles.....$13,500!!!...Glad I am not interested in any other bikes in the near future....What a rip-off.......

Steve 0080
03-08-2014, 08:29 PM
Once a bike has been titled the price falls....it is not new !

motozeke
03-08-2014, 08:41 PM
Wing is probably the better choice for 2-up touring with more luggage space and better passenger comfort, but the F6B works better for me and I only ride 1-up....BTW, sorry to read of the lousy trade-in value on the FJR, but I was also kind of "stunned" when I saw the Kelly Blue trade in on my 2013 Deluxe with 625 miles.....$13,500!!!...Glad I am not interested in any other bikes in the near future....What a rip-off.......

Bikes depreciate quickly. That's why almost EVERY DAMN new bike thread has at least one genius who brags about never buying new bikes and telling the rest of us how stupid and impatient we are.

erazor55
03-08-2014, 08:59 PM
I impatiently and stupidly traded my 07 Electra Glide Ultra for my F6B. Still grin every time I ride it!

bobbyf6b
03-08-2014, 09:44 PM
I impatiently and stupidly traded my 07 Electra Glide Ultra for my F6B. Still grin every time I ride it!

Ditto. I flipped $4k just to get rid of my 07 Street Glide. It had 60k miles on it and nobody wanted it.

So ya, I'm paying $25k for my F6B. NO REGRETS! :icon_mrgreen: