PDA

View Full Version : No counter steer!

projectapollo
03-09-2014, 08:16 AM
I took the new F6b on some East Tennessee twisties yesterday, Devils Triangle. This thing leans and glides so well. Anyhow, I noticed that the feeling of counter steer is almost absent. The bike just seems to go around the curves with driver feel and lean. I'm used to feeling some pressure in the palm of my hand as I push the bars a bit for counter steer. On the f6b that feeling is absent. It just goes where I want it to go. Almost like riding a bicycle! This is a well designed machine, for sure. I thing the full wing minus the weight and trunk really makes this design optimal for handling.

ED209
03-09-2014, 08:20 AM
I had a time getting used to it too. Came off a Stratoliner.

Hornblower
03-09-2014, 08:55 AM
Counter-steering definitely works on the F6B but the fact is, it just doesn't take much at all. I wonder if it's that low CG I keep bringing up that makes this possible. When the roads get really twisty, I like to use leg pressure against the tank (OK, OK, it's not really a tank :icon_biggrin:) as that seems to work really well. The OP is right, it pretty much only takes a thought for this baby to start turning.

Sorcerer
03-09-2014, 11:00 AM
I came off A 98Valk and there was a reson they called it " dancing with the fat lady". You have to remember that Honda tapped a designer form the sport bike side of R&D to head the GL1800. There were a lot of GL1500 rider that jumped to the 1800 and didn't like the way they handled and wanted there 1500 back.

Scotrod
03-09-2014, 01:46 PM
Yepper's, In OEM form the F6B is more than willing to corner with not much more input than ~a thought~ (I know exactly what 120 is speaking of as I had a Strat myself)

Now, if ya want to start experimenting with 'other' flavors of tire on the rear,,, Be prepared to lose a bit of that 'automatic' cornering,,,:icon_wink: