PDA

View Full Version : Dealer sent me a "teaser" pic

GiddyupF6B
03-09-2014, 06:17 PM
Picking up my bike tomorrow morning from the dealer.....I have been begging for pics of the new paint because I just have no patience and all he would send me is a quick pic from the back........

http://i204.photobucket.com/albums/bb314/bigdaddylachance/Mobile%20Uploads/2014-03/IMG955472_zpshrjwdt6r.jpg

Plenty more to follow once I get it home.........I can't wait to see the front end of it! I have so many new things to put on it first so it may be a few days but let the work begin!!!

RickW
03-09-2014, 06:34 PM
Picking up my bike tomorrow morning from the dealer.....I have been begging for pics of the new paint because I just have no patience and all he would send me is a quick pic from the back........

http://i204.photobucket.com/albums/bb314/bigdaddylachance/Mobile%20Uploads/2014-03/IMG955472_zpshrjwdt6r.jpg

Plenty more to follow once I get it home.........I can't wait to see the front end of it! I have so many new things to put on it first so it may be a few days but let the work begin!!!

Looking good. You are going to be ready for all of the Smoke Accessories pretty quick.

Cool Hand Luke
03-09-2014, 06:37 PM
It's looking great! Obviously, it will be a beautiful F6B.

Too bad while you're building the bike some of us will be enjoying Daytona Bikeweek! :039:

unsub
03-09-2014, 08:30 PM
It's looking great! Obviously, it will be a beautiful F6B.

Too bad while you're building the bike some of us will be enjoying Daytona Bikeweek! :039:

OH, snap!:icon_biggrin:

Steve 0080
03-09-2014, 10:06 PM
Good to see they put the puzzle back together !!!!!

Paul B Blues
03-10-2014, 09:39 AM
Oh Boy that looks nice 'all/right'

GONRDN
03-10-2014, 10:29 AM
I love it. Solves the swirl-job Honda offers.

GiddyupF6B
03-10-2014, 05:17 PM
Well here's another angle from when I went to get it today. Unfortunately they will be keeping it a few more days to fix several issues that were wrong......I was not a happy camper. :icon_evil:

http://i204.photobucket.com/albums/bb314/bigdaddylachance/Mobile%20Uploads/2014-03/IMG_2359_zpsw2pkjj6w.jpg

http://i204.photobucket.com/albums/bb314/bigdaddylachance/BlackDarth_zps9210dada.jpg

opas ride
03-10-2014, 06:26 PM
Just curious as to what the "issues" were that required the dealer to keep your bike for a few more days??...I had mine custom painted also before pick-up and it took 3 weeks before it was ready...No big deal now and bike looks great but seemed like a long time as the dealer I used has a custom trike shop and many years experience with painting , assembly, and take down....Looks nice from the photo's....Mine is Brandywine Red Clearcoat and looks terrific in the sunlight....

GiddyupF6B
03-10-2014, 06:41 PM
Just curious as to what the "issues" were that required the dealer to keep your bike for a few more days??...I had mine custom painted also before pick-up and it took 3 weeks before it was ready...No big deal now and bike looks great but seemed like a long time as the dealer I used has a custom werre shop and many years experience with painting , assembdetailed take down....Looks nice from the photo's....Mine is Brandywine Red Clearcoat and looks terrific in the sunlight....

They didn't put the intercom cable back in the holder, it's behind a panel somewhere.
Electric windshield didn't work.
Paint drips under both mirrors.
Some gloss paint under rubber trim on front cowl.
A light scuff on both saddle bags.
A scratch on left rear deck.
Left engine case scratched down to bare metal.
Brakes were squeaking and they were supposed to fix them.

I had a detailed list before I got there. They know how I am and I was going to go over the bike inch by inch. They will get it right, I'm not worried about it at all. They have had it for 3 weeks already.

GONRDN
03-10-2014, 07:55 PM
I'm glad you caught all of that before you left the parking lot. Especially the scratch marks and glossy paint. If they are reputable, they will fix any and all problems you listed.

GiddyupF6B
03-10-2014, 08:35 PM
I'm glad you caught all of that before you left the parking lot. Especially the scratch marks and glossy paint. If they are reputable, they will fix any and all problems you listed.

Yeah, I'm a bit OCD about my bikes. In the end it will be right I'm sure of it.

opas ride
03-10-2014, 08:48 PM
Hope the dealer makes things right for you...I know I would be "all over" someone if I had scuffs and scratches that were the fault of the dealers staff...I know you will keep after them until it is right.. I would as I am also very "fussy", if you will, about things done to my ride that are no fault of mine.....My dealer in MI. made me a happy camper and took care of all the minor issues I encountered that I pointed out to them in a firm, but pleasant way...Good Luck

Trike lady
03-10-2014, 09:33 PM
Looks very nice. Congrats. :041:

Mustangjake
03-10-2014, 09:40 PM
wanting your Bike right is a given! its very sad that half the places don't give a $hit.
i will stand right beside you on that one! :banghead:

98valk
03-11-2014, 11:22 AM
The bike looks great!

But ....

I would never expect anyone to remove 82 pieces and get them back together without a problem. Good luck!

Did I say, the bike looks Great!

GiddyupF6B
03-11-2014, 12:04 PM
The bike looks great!

But ....

I would never expect anyone to remove 82 pieces and get them back together without a problem. Good luck!

Did I say, the bike looks Great!

Lol.. .ummm I would expect a Honda dealer too! They work on Wings 6 days a week. Thanks for the compliment......