PDA

View Full Version : Cobra 6X2

Darkknight
05-25-2013, 08:44 AM
I'm getting weak...
I just saw the cobra 6X2 pipes on our F6B in a You Tube video. I know I said I wanted quiet but that sounded so cooool!

Does anyone know if cobra plans to make these piped in Black?

Someone please talk me out of this!:shock:

Steve 0080
05-25-2013, 10:35 AM
Get out your check book....they will come in black!!!

Darkknight
05-25-2013, 11:40 AM
Come on Visa, Don't Fail Me NOW!

MercuryF1
05-25-2013, 12:41 PM
I wonder what to do with the exhaust covers as they are chrome! Will Cobra sell a set of black covers to match the black exhaust?

Black Chrome Cobra 6x2 will look pretty good on the bike too!

yellowskeeter1
05-25-2013, 02:46 PM
Get the covers ceramic coated and they should be close. One post I saw from cobra is that they where contemplating in selling the black covers as well. Do not powder coat as it will fail. Someone like Jet Hot can do it. I did mine at a local race car component shop.

Steve 0080
05-25-2013, 03:09 PM
Black oven paint or high temp paint, or Plasti Dip ?????????

MercuryF1
05-25-2013, 05:04 PM
BTW prices just released at Wingstuff for the pipes are cheaper than cruiser customizing.

gamersince1976
05-25-2013, 10:55 PM
BTW prices just released at Wingstuff for the pipes are cheaper than cruiser customizing.

I was looking at those - they are a bit cheaper at $769 on Wingstuff right now. But that's just for the chrome. Still waiting for a release date on the black version. If I remember correctly, Cobra posted that it should be about a month after the release of the chrome version. And cost $50-100 more.

Then again, this video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=GRJZ0pwW_jg

which was posted 5/8 by Cobra, says that they're coming out in May. Which seems... unlikely at this point.

I want the black ones... NOW. :icon_biggrin:

MercuryF1
05-25-2013, 11:20 PM
I was looking at those - they are a bit cheaper at $769 on Wingstuff right now. But that's just for the chrome. Still waiting for a release date on the black version.

If you joined the membership program on Wingstuff, you get a further price reduction and pay only $743!
Alternatively if you are not a Wingstuff member, you could call cruisercustomising to inform them of this price because they claim they are able to match any online price! (and earn some CC points too!) :icon_lol:

gamersince1976
05-26-2013, 06:40 PM
If you joined the membership program on Wingstuff, you get a further price reduction and pay only $743!
Alternatively if you are not a Wingstuff member, you could call cruisercustomising to inform them of this price because they claim they are able to match any online price! (and earn some CC points too!) :icon_lol:

True, true. I'm wondering if I could order at the low "sale" price, and then just specify that I want the black version instead...

Could be lucrative.. :icon_twisted:

Limbuck
05-28-2013, 08:53 PM
Ok. I like the look of the V&H slip-ons but they, for me, are too quiet and too CHROME. Cobra ain't my style right now so I be waiting for mid-range black. D&D ain't got nothing either. I run those on my VIC. Anxiously awaiting black sounds., but I can wait till what I need is out there. Honda is like Harley. If you build it the aftermarket stuff will come. If ya'lll see something let me know. Thanks. Big Rick.

Jte90049
05-28-2013, 10:13 PM
Ok. I like the look of the V&H slip-ons but they, for me, are too quiet and too CHROME. Cobra ain't my style right now so I be waiting for mid-range black. D&D ain't got nothing either. I run those on my VIC. Anxiously awaiting black sounds., but I can wait till what I need is out there. Honda is like Harley. If you build it the aftermarket stuff will come. If ya'lll see something let me know. Thanks. Big Rick.

I put a set of Rush black pipes on mine:

http://www.rushracingproducts.com/goldwing%201800.html

Darkknight
05-29-2013, 07:04 AM
Got a reply from an E-Mail to Cobra (Brad Becker) this weekend,
They could not give me any date for the release of the black 6X2. The did say the chome units will be first and they should be available roughly in June.

I guess I'm going to go chrome.... will probably order them today on wingstuff. Might as well melt the rest of the numbers off my VISA card!

Darkknight
05-30-2013, 10:05 AM
Got a reply from an E-Mail to Cobra (Brad Becker) this weekend,
They could not give me any date for the release of the black 6X2. The did say the chome units will be first and they should be available roughly in June.

I guess I'm going to go chrome.... will probably order them today on wingstuff. Might as well melt the rest of the numbers off my VISA card!

NOT SO FAST..... may go with Torq Master

CobraUSA
06-03-2013, 12:16 PM
NOT SO FAST..... may go with Torq Master

Why on earth would you do that?!

gamersince1976
06-03-2013, 06:39 PM

:icon_lol:

Darkknight
06-04-2013, 08:01 AM

No date for release and an even further wait for the Black units. Then no details on the clamp covers and how to have them match the black cans. That would be why in my case.

CobraUSA
06-05-2013, 12:53 PM
:icon_lol:

:icon_wink:

No date for release and an even further wait for the Black units. Then no details on the clamp covers and how to have them match the black cans. That would be why in my case.

They will ship out Mid-late June for chrome, Black will follow one month later. In regards to the shields, we will be leaving that up to the consumer.

Thanks!

Darkknight
06-05-2013, 01:36 PM
Yes, That's basically the information I had recieved.

Just ordered black coated Torq Master Daytona's with coated shields. Should have by mid June. It's all Good. :yes:

I'm sure the COBRAS will be awsome pipes. I look forward to seeing AND hearing them.

Batwing
06-05-2013, 08:11 PM
:icon_wink:

They will ship out Mid-late June for chrome, Black will follow one month later. In regards to the shields, we will be leaving that up to the consumer.

Thanks!

So they will be more expensive, ship later and the shields won't match? I'm thinking I need to go change my preorder from black to chrome or go with TorqMaster. Wondering how the chrome shield will look against black pipes...

Steve 0080
06-05-2013, 09:57 PM
I have chrome Cobra's but if you get the black ones the chrome piece in front will be a non-issue....a little chrome never hurt anything...

Darkknight
06-06-2013, 05:31 AM
I'm not sure about cobra being more expensive and they do make nice products. All manufacturers will all probably be in the same ball park as far as price.
There will be extra cost at torq master if you want to keep your own shields and just have torq master supply matching shields. But, if you supply them your shields, you won't have to pay for the cost of new ones and they will be coated at the same time with the same stuff as the pipes.

I just thought that chrome shields and black pipes would not be the look I'm going for. I didn't want to just go get flat black "stove" paint for the sheilds. Damn...I;ve spent enough on this thing already, why not finish it right. If I'm going with the black coating I want it all to match. If I was going chrome, it wouldn't make much difference.

Just my personal preference.

Batwing
06-06-2013, 12:26 PM
What i meant is I've heard the black pipes are supposed to be more expensive than the chrome pipes. I agree that the chrome in front of the black might not be that bad of a look. Still waiting to see what the 6-into-6 looks like in black.