PDA

View Full Version : honest dealer

Scott73
03-12-2014, 02:30 PM
Has anyone ever heard of providing of three references friends family etc name address and relationship, after the bike and paper work has been signed cash changed hands insurance has been bought and thirty day tag was issued. The bike sat at dealership for a week before I could pick up now they want these references to go ahead and finish the deal. I filled out a credit app with Honda and was pre approved before I went shopping. I told this to the dealer up front to cut to the case on price haggling and speed up the process. This is so strange to me I have never been asked for this information on anything I've ever bought.. I think this information is private ... it makes me mad to go to home depot and give my phone number to buy a 2*4 does this sound strange to anyone... call me out of the tree http://hondaf6b.com/images/smilies/icon_redface.gif

austin_tech
03-12-2014, 03:32 PM
Has anyone ever heard of providing of three references friends family etc name address and relationship, after the bike and paper work has been signed cash changed hands insurance has been bought and thirty day tag was issued. The bike sat at dealership for a week before I could pick up now they want these references to go ahead and finish the deal. I filled out a credit app with Honda and was pre approved before I went shopping. I told this to the dealer up front to cut to the case on price haggling and speed up the process. This is so strange to me I have never been asked for this information on anything I've ever bought.. I think this information is private ... it makes me mad to go to home depot and give my phone number to buy a 2*4 does this sound strange to anyone... call me out of the tree http://hondaf6b.com/images/smilies/icon_redface.gif

Do you have crappy credit? Sounds like they may be farming your loan out to a number of creditors to either
a) Get you a better interest rate and terms, or
b) Get someone who will lend you money

...just a thought?

Scotrod
03-12-2014, 03:41 PM
I filled out a credit app with Honda and was pre approved before I went shopping.

Same here. No questions asked when I got my 6, or after.

Who exactly is the lender? Did something 'change' along the way??? :shrug:

Might be different 'tiers' of financing ~by Honda~ as well, depending on your credit score.

So, the Dealer held the bike for a week BEFORE you could pick it up? Very odd, doesn't take a week for prep,,,

Odd unless there is a credit ~concern~, {based on the tier and / or how much you put down}, A ~concern~ could evoke the '3 references',,,,

bigben64
03-12-2014, 03:46 PM
It is not the dealer. That is something Honda requires for credit approval. That's what I was told when I did my application .

Scott73
03-12-2014, 04:06 PM

excellent credit AAA, 1.99 percent with honda credit pre approved and shopped dealers for best deal had to wait a week because of weather to pick up bike

bobbyf6b
03-12-2014, 04:28 PM
Might be something that couldn't be done on pre approval but when the deal was done. I gave references too but only names and phone numbers. (Honda Finance). I think it's so they can hunt you down if you stop making payments.

Scott73
03-12-2014, 04:47 PM
Might be something that couldn't be done on pre approval but when the deal was done. I gave references too but only names and phone numbers. (Honda Finance). I think it's so they can hunt you down if you stop making payments.

Ok that puts more at ease I have never had to give this information out you always hate just one more thing to keep happing this dealer is not close but has been there for a while ... it just hit my nose wrong at first with the amount of money down and all.. and the f&I guy has been out all day so no one else can answer my questions at dealership thank for the insight puts me at ease

stepbill
03-12-2014, 08:20 PM
I just did my paperwork this past weekend and got the 0.99 percent for 36 months and they required me to give the 3 references. It was listed at the bottom of the Honda loan application. I also had pre-approval so I would not worry. Good luck with the new bike!