PDA

View Full Version : Finally picked up a black 2013 Deluxe today!

CaptRob
03-13-2014, 10:32 PM
:icon_biggrin:
Thank you guys for all of your feedback and research. I went for a look see today and did not ride my 2011 Street Glide so that I wouldn't buy today! Well, needless to say I now have 2 baggers:yikes: One test ride and I was hooked! What a freaking rocket! The Wife is not too happy right now as she wants to hang with the cool kids and wear hundred dollar shirts. So, I will see how long I need both bikes. I had a cold ride home tonight from Chattanooga to Atl. because I have not had time to hook up heated gear but it placed a perm- a- grin on my face. If the weather permits, I will be riding it through the North Ga mountains this weekend!

dickiedeals
03-13-2014, 10:49 PM
Thank you guys for all of your feedback and research. I went for a look see today and did not ride my 2011 Street Glide so that I wouldn't buy today! Well, needless to say I now have 2 baggers:yikes: One test ride and I was hooked! What a freaking rocket! The Wife is not too happy right now as she wants to hang with the cool kids and wear hundred dollar shirts. So, I will see how long I need both bikes. I had a cold ride home tonight from Chattanooga to Atl. because I have not had time to hook up heated gear but it placed a perm- a- grin on my face. If the weather permits, I will be riding it through the North Ga mountains this weekend!

Congrats , I've been a Harley man for years . Went to the Flat Six Bagger From a 2011 Road glide Ultra. From the first Test ride the F6B has been straight up OMG Smiles ever since. The Guys I ride with all ride Harleys and thought I fell on my head when I swapped over. They are getting the Idea why after eating Honda Fumes time after time. Everywhere you go it will be your F6B that everyone flocks too asking questions to the point you will get tired of answering.
Short and simple You are going to LOVE this machine. Bone stock 87 octane Harley eater. Ride safe and look us up when you get to Florida........PS I'm a Fulton County transplant myself.............Dickie

Alberta Beagle
03-13-2014, 10:56 PM
Congrats on the new ride!!! .welcome20.
Like most of us here you will have no regretsabout choosing the F6B.

Look on the bright side. If you ever buy a boat you can use the "other Bagger" as an anchor.:icon_mrgreen:

Beagle

CaptRob
03-13-2014, 11:01 PM
Congrats , I've been a Harley man for years . Went to the Flat Six Bagger From a 2011 Road glide Ultra. From the first Test ride the F6B has been straight up OMG Smiles ever since. The Guys I ride with all ride Harleys and thought I fell on my head when I swapped over. They are getting the Idea why after eating Honda Fumes time after time. Everywhere you go it will be your F6B that everyone flocks too asking questions to the point you will get tired of answering.
Short and simple You are going to LOVE this machine. Bone stock 87 octane Harley eater. Ride safe and look us up when you get to Florida........PS I'm a Fulton County transplant myself.............Dickie

Thank you so much! I am excited to bond with this bike!!

CaptRob
03-13-2014, 11:02 PM
Congrats on the new ride!!! .welcome20.
Like most of us here you will have no regretsabout choosing the F6B.

Look on the bright side. If you ever buy a boat you can use the "other Bagger" as an anchor.:icon_mrgreen:

Beagle

Ha! maybe so. A big expensive anchor!!

F6B-RICH
03-13-2014, 11:06 PM
:congrats: and have fun with your new toy .batman-smilie.

FlaMike
03-14-2014, 06:00 AM
Welcome and Congrats on the New Bike.

Love the N.Ga Mtn area. Had a lot of nice rides up there. I'm jealous!

bobo
03-14-2014, 07:43 AM
:yes:wise choice enjoy the ride:041:

bobbyf6b
03-14-2014, 08:22 AM
Ha, I know the feeling about the wife wanting to ride the HD. I traded mine for the F6B last June and the wife hasn't been on the new bike once! Oh well, her loss.

Welcome!

CaptRob
03-14-2014, 09:32 PM
Thanks guys! I'm pretty stoked. Really glad to hear from other Harley converts, it helps me feel normal for my knee jerk reaction buying one 15 minutes after test ride!! I moved my SG around after 250 miles on the F6 and that thing feels like a sled!:banghead: I guess I will dump the Harley. I don't think I need 2 any longer. I can't imagine at this time walking past the F6 and riding my Harley for an extended amount of time. Why? Thanks again and Dickie, I am a Florida boy too, I grew up in Coral Springs and lived in Orlando for many years. The ONLY good thing about Atlanta is being about an hour from Suches and Dahlongaga Ga. GREAT riding.:icon_biggrin:

RickW
03-15-2014, 06:56 AM
Thanks guys! I'm pretty stoked. Really glad to hear from other Harley converts, it helps me feel normal for my knee jerk reaction buying one 15 minutes after test ride!! I moved my SG around after 250 miles on the F6 and that thing feels like a sled!:banghead: I guess I will dump the Harley. I don't think I need 2 any longer. I can't imagine at this time walking past the F6 and riding my Harley for an extended amount of time. Why? Thanks again and Dickie, I am a Florida boy too, I grew up in Coral Springs and lived in Orlando for many years. The ONLY good thing about Atlanta is being about an hour from Suches and Dahlongaga Ga. GREAT riding.:icon_biggrin:

Congratulations,
The V-Twin is just a totally different ride. I have a large VTwin and also a flat six just like you. For serious riding the Flat Six is the best. For local stuff the VTwin is just different and still fun. I just like to ride and enjoy something different once in a while. I even like to ride the wife's Spyder RT. Maybe to much. She thinks I'm going to tear it up.

imported_scottydi
03-15-2014, 10:40 AM
Welcome to the F6B world, you should look at the rides and gatherings list and see if you can attend the Franklin event over Labor Day weekend, that would give you a chance to meet a few of the members here.

Scott

Dirtstiff's F6B
03-15-2014, 11:23 AM

Congrats,
You have the best of both worlds as the SG is also a nice bike.

Jim