PDA

View Full Version : Black Thundersled....Wow

Boltar
03-14-2014, 12:09 AM
After lurking this forum for 3 months, trying to get an ed-u-CAY-shun... I picked up my Vader-o-matic thundersled from Western Honda in Scottsdale AZ last weekend...(then sadly had to go out o town...) At any rate, my recent bikes have been a 06 VTX 1800F (Black...) and a 2010 VFR 1200F... So the F6B is a nice fusion of the two, as far as i am concerned... (And much more comfy for the lovely missus....) Just a few quick thoughts...

-Amazed at how light an 840 Lb bike can feel, even at zero speed... easier to handle in the parking lots than the VFR (lower CG and lower seat..)
-Causal twisties near my house (Tucson foothills) great handling, seems easier to keep on track than my VFR... (must be new bike fever...)
-Strange suspension and "plastic" noises at street speeds (40 ish and below..) {could this be "tupperware" break in??} a bit of melted plastic smell as well.....
-Stock Windshield is a joke... clearview short sport touring model in route... (but then on the VFR... huge roar from the up wash into my helmet from the sport windscreen...could never solve the problem except with earplugs...)
-I had the dealer install a Bassani slash cut exhaust... nice 'Porsche flat six' growl, no highway speed drone, but strange bass harmonic around town at 40 mph in 3rd with stock shield and full face helmet, no ear plugs... actually sounds much better with ear plugs... go figure..)
-Incredible torque, especially at highway roll-on speeds...
-Black seemed to be the best color for me, paint quality OK thus far... liquid glass arrives tomorrow...
-Radio sound disappears at 15 Mph... hoping windshield will help.. (never had a stinkin radio on any other bike...)
-Excited to learn more about this magnificent bike, and ride the wheels off of it in AZ--- this forum has really been a great resource...

Boltar...

Philbert40
03-14-2014, 12:35 AM
Welcome to the family. You picked the right bike. Enjoy!:041:

FlaMike
03-14-2014, 05:50 AM
Welcome from Fla. :th_sunbathe:

Taller shield allows radio to be heard at speed, at least for me.

I'm sure those Bassani pipes are sweet.
Not uncommon for harmonic exhaust sound with full face helmet.

During an extended test, the bike handled so light that I kinda forgot it was 840lb when I had to whoa the bike for a 90deg turn.Lesson learned for me.

Bike really shines on long rides and I'm planning on doing that a lot.

Enjoy your new ride. 'riding'

bobbyf6b
03-14-2014, 07:52 AM
Welcome from Phoenix. The tall shield will definitely let you hear the tunes. Baker hand wings help too. Enjoy!

F6B-RICH
03-14-2014, 10:17 AM
'welcome gang' and :congrats: from NJ .batman-smilie.

CaptRob
03-14-2014, 06:59 PM
[QUOTE=F6B-RICH;24225]'welcome gang' and :congrats: from NJ .batman-smilie.[/QUOTE

CaptRob
03-14-2014, 07:01 PM
Thanks guys :041:

CaptRob
03-14-2014, 07:04 PM
I hate to point out the obvious but, it took me a while to find the MUTE button. I wonder if there are more out there like me who are having trouble hearing with MUTE engaged??? Maybe not but then again….you never know.

buefchris
03-15-2014, 02:58 PM
Yea, at first I didn't know about the mute either

coffee_weasle
03-15-2014, 03:03 PM
i wondered about that too

i took a demo ride and came back and told the salesman that i loved the bike but couldn't hear the radio at speed.....

he reached over and hit the mute button off ..... DUH! :banghead:

dickiedeals
03-15-2014, 03:21 PM
.welcome20. From Port St.John Fl.'welcome gang'...................Dickie