PDA

View Full Version : Cee Bailey's 11" Windscreen

miramiramira
03-14-2014, 12:48 PM
Installed the Cee Bailey's 11" windscreen last night in 45 minutes (could have been quicker, but it was my first time taking the front end apart so I went slow).

First ride today and the difference between it and the stock low windshield is amazing. I still get a little wind over the top of my helmet (I ride with a full face Arai) but the brutal buffeting and wind noise is long gone. I am 5' 7" with a 32" inseam. I think I could have gone with a 13" and eliminated almost all wind noise but I like the current height just fine. It seems that there is better wind protection around the handgrips as well, although I'm not quite sure why that would be the case, but there it is.

For what it's worth, my other bike is a 1975 BMW R90/6 with no windshield or fairing. It is less noisy and causes less buffeting than the OEM windshield on the F6B.

So, with raised backrest from 03ultra22 on Ebay and the Cee Bailey's windshield, I'm thinking this bike is ready for a long road trip. giddyup!

UTurn
03-17-2014, 08:51 AM
I'm about 5'11'' and went (per Cee recommendations) with the 13". I ended up getting the 15", I think it fits better...right at nose level.

motozeke
03-17-2014, 11:54 PM
I'm 5'8" and I bought the 13" Cee Bailey. Trust me, the 13" would not remove all wind issues. I still get a lot of turbulent, snapping air on the top of my helmet at interstate speeds. I think I'd have to go to 15-16" to resolve that issue, but then I'd be flirting with having the screen start to intrude on my horizon. It's a balancing act I suppose.

six2go
05-12-2014, 03:42 PM
I'm 5'8" and I bought the 13" Cee Bailey. Trust me, the 13" would not remove all wind issues. I still get a lot of turbulent, snapping air on the top of my helmet at interstate speeds. I think I'd have to go to 15-16" to resolve that issue, but then I'd be flirting with having the screen start to intrude on my horizon. It's a balancing act I suppose.
I'm also 5'8" and just got the Cee Baileys 11". The difference from OEM is amazing in that I can hear the radio speakers at least up to 70mph with my earplugs in and the Shoei Neotec closed up. I was thinking maybe the 13" would make it better yet but I didn't want to get too far from the sporty look. It sounds to me like I made the right choice.