PDA

View Full Version : anyone else feel screwed?

jimsol1
03-14-2014, 03:51 PM
Besides the paint issues, (mine isn't terrible yet) black standard,I added centerstand and backrest plus pete's rack, the need to replace useless windshield and totally change the look of the bike I fell in love with irks me. I had an 06 bmw k1200lt, and a friend showed me a pic of f6b online at work, I said don't be surprised if I get one. Drove from NY to Vermont to see the closest black one in person, and bought it, sold the bmw I had for 2 years back to the dealer I bought it from because they had 2 years to figure out why radio reception sucked and couldn't do it. Took a small hit for mileage, but thought they were more than fair. I had a warranty on bike and the first attempt was replacing 1200 dollar radio, next season 500 for antenna and all associated wiring, no joy. I have high hopes for klockwerx shield and am waiting for more reviews. I have 11" baggershield set at 12.5", and over 40 still can't hear radio well enough. Got lower Mustang seat in November and rode for 5 miles, couldn't tell if it lowered me enough to make shield tall enough to make radio acceptable. I still love bike, but when I see a stock shield on one I think they look so much better. Jim

F6BPDX
03-14-2014, 04:12 PM
Nope. I bought the bike I wanted, knowing the changes I needed to make for me personally before I ever paid for it.

Westernbiker
03-14-2014, 04:37 PM
Nope, me neither. I put a dark bagger shield on and an Ultimate seat with backrest and love the looks even more and now it's comfortable too! :icon_mrgreen:

BillyDaFinn
03-14-2014, 04:44 PM
Nope, not at all. Awesome bike, screw the paint.

chipmaker
03-14-2014, 04:56 PM
Paint issue is only bitch I have. Madstad windshield is great, Ive changed windshield and seat on almost every bike I've owned. Had a RT, KR, and RR, all got new seats and windshields.

Mustangjake
03-14-2014, 05:26 PM
only issue i have is it shuts down at 125 mph :icon_lol: but i am smiling till i get there!

projectapollo
03-14-2014, 05:56 PM
Not so far. My black paint seems fine. I've put multiple coats of liquid glass on it for peace of mind.

unsub
03-14-2014, 05:58 PM
Besides the paint issues, (mine isn't terrible yet) black standard,I added centerstand and backrest plus pete's rack, the need to replace useless windshield and totally change the look of the bike I fell in love with irks me. I had an 06 bmw k1200lt, and a friend showed me a pic of f6b online at work, I said don't be surprised if I get one. Drove from NY to Vermont to see the closest black one in person, and bought it, sold the bmw I had for 2 years back to the dealer I bought it from because they had 2 years to figure out why radio reception sucked and couldn't do it. Took a small hit for mileage, but thought they were more than fair. I had a warranty on bike and the first attempt was replacing 1200 dollar radio, next season 500 for antenna and all associated wiring, no joy. I have high hopes for klockwerx shield and am waiting for more reviews. I have 11" baggershield set at 12.5", and over 40 still can't hear radio well enough. Got lower Mustang seat in November and rode for 5 miles, couldn't tell if it lowered me enough to make shield tall enough to make radio acceptable. I still love bike, but when I see a stock shield on one I think they look so much better. Jim

Welcome Jim. I'm not clear on the issues you have with the Honda, but consider this. BMW dealers are part of a trend right now buying bikes back that can't be fixed. So many unhappy Beemer owners getting screwed buying bikes with faulty switches, wiring and engine and drive components. Throw in frustrated buyers that can't seem to break down warranty barriers with BMW and as You have found out spending months on single issues.

The honda f6 is a dream to own by comparison.

Happy riding.

GONRDN
03-14-2014, 06:38 PM
3 years ago while riding my 2003 Road King with my friend, who rides a Goldwing to Nova Scotia, I swore to him if Honda ever made the Goldwing without all the bells and whistles and without that trunk, I'd buy it. Well, I had to eat my words because they made it, so I bought it. After changing the windshield and adding pass backrest and center stand, I am finally a happy camper. Never have I felt screwed after buying this great bike.

GiddyupF6B
03-14-2014, 06:47 PM
This bike is nothing short of awesome! The few things I didn't like I changed. I knew that coming in because I do my research and homework before ever buying a bike. I have a ton of changes already on my bike which only has 3,000 miles on it since June. For me riding and modding is a passion and this beast quenches my thirst!

watertowerman
03-14-2014, 06:50 PM
Not sorry I bought it, Liquid glass took care of the paint problem, Cee Bailey's smoked took care of windshield issue. Seldom listen to the audio so that is not an issue.

naga viper
03-14-2014, 07:00 PM
This bike is nothing short of awesome! The few things I didn't like I changed. I knew that coming in because I do my research and homework before ever buying a bike. I have a ton of changes already on my bike which only has 3,000 miles on it since June. For me riding and modding is a passion and this beast quenches my thirst!

+1 only got one 200 mile ride in and still smiling I researched for one year before diving in I traded my vtx which I did not want to part with. but would NEVER go back!

Most everything made today is junk throw away not this bike Recorded 475000 miles on flat six engine? That is way maore important than paint. imo

Big Jay
03-14-2014, 09:14 PM
Don't feel that way at all I think the wind bender shield I added looks good and I can hear the stereo fine up to about 80 mph or so. actually the only time I don't like the stock shield is at freeway speeds. Now I just need to apply a few coats of liquid glass. this thing is a dream ride for me ,smooth powerful and handles great. :icon_biggrin:

smokinjoe187
03-14-2014, 11:36 PM
Are you kidding me??
i got this bike 1 year ago today
it has 16000 miles on it and still not a single regret
yes i tried multiple windshields till i was happy
ironicly it was the tall factory from a gold wing i just redrilled that works for me
can i hear my radio!!hell yes
ipod never leaves the saddlebag
the paint issue????rub wax on it and ride more...sick of people whinning
if you bought this bike to bitch about it then you missed the point of riding
yes i got rid of my harley for this bike
would i like abs and cruise control
well hell yes,bit i giggle every day i ride this thing to work
i still get stopped weekly to say what a beautiful bike this is...
so regret...thats not for me!!
Be safe,but enjoy the ride

HaloJumper
03-15-2014, 12:06 AM
Are you kidding me??
i got this bike 1 year ago today
it has 16000 miles on it and still not a single regret
yes i tried multiple windshields till i was happy
ironicly it was the tall factory from a gold wing i just redrilled that works for me
can i hear my radio!!hell yes
ipod never leaves the saddlebag
the paint issue????rub wax on it and ride more...sick of people whinning
if you bought this bike to bitch about it then you missed the point of riding
yes i got rid of my harley for this bike
would i like abs and cruise control
well hell yes,bit i giggle every day i ride this thing to work
so regret...thats not for me!!
Be safe,but enjoy the ride

I got mine a year ago today also. It's, by far, the best bike I've ever owned!

Wmorgan2k
03-15-2014, 12:28 AM
I'm along with the majority on this one as well. I love my F6B. I went to Daytona for bike week last weekend and didn't see another one around, was pretty surprised about that. For me I have to have the tall windshield, I've had my fair share of being "out in the wind" and I prefer the comfort, does it look as cool, nah but I don't care. Paint issues for me are non issue, just wax the hell out of it. The rest is awesome. Ride, looks, comfort and beyond all that superior reliability. I love it to pieces...

FlaMike
03-15-2014, 06:04 AM
I'm along with the majority on this one as well. I love my F6B. I went to Daytona for bike week last weekend and didn't see another one around, was pretty surprised about that. For me I have to have the tall windshield, I've had my fair share of being "out in the wind" and I prefer the comfort, does it look as cool, nah but I don't care. Paint issues for me are non issue, just wax the hell out of it. The rest is awesome. Ride, looks, comfort and beyond all that superior reliability. I love it to pieces...

+1 Yep, what he said. I bought this thing to RIDE. Never had a bike that I didn't change seat, windshield, handlebars, something.
If I had it to do over, I just would have bought it sooner.

dlwilliams
03-15-2014, 07:25 AM
Well I came off of a Concours 14 and a highly modified street glide. I have absolutely zero regrets, this is by far the only bike I will need or want. My next bike will be another F6B, only when I wear this one out. Went to Daytona Beach last week and picked up a Corbin dual touring seat and passenger back rest. 7 coats of liquid glass and no paint issues here.....

Thanks Honda for ruining my life, I now need plastic surgery to remove the permanent grin that I have and my face is really starting to hurt. 1000K miles in the first week and 'LOVING EVERY MINUTE OF IT" :041::041::041:

fast eddie
03-15-2014, 08:31 AM
I'm missing something here if you're feeling screwed with the f6b then I guess you must be disappointed with your car your house your job etc.I've been riding For over 46 yrs owned over 25 bikes by far the best I've ever had

opas ride
03-15-2014, 10:03 AM
I also don't have any regrets at all!!!..Riding for over 45 years and many, many, bikes later, this is the best one I have ever had...I love my F6B and everything about it...Went into the bike knowing I would probably change the windshield and maybe the seat, which I have not yet done the seat. Had it custom painted because I wanted a different color, not because some have had what they consider "paint issues". Most have applied some Liquid Glass or other wax products and are not worrying about minor swirls, etc....NO, I do not feel screwed in any way on this bike......Ride it and enjoy the positive good things this bike offers.....

Scotrod
03-15-2014, 10:34 AM
I'd like to reply, but at this point it would either be redundant or leans towards negativity,,, I must tread lightly,,,

Heck, we've had people buy an F6B then sell it b/c it didn't have cruise,,,

Buy one and then become unhappy because a short shield doesn't provide wind protection, and a taller shields changes the looks?

I can't find a smiley for stuff like this, but I did find a video,,, :icon_biggrin:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cgb7W9VLkI4

lferrero
04-04-2014, 11:01 AM
After 6 months I still feel like a kid on Christmas! Love my F6B!
The only thing I am missing its more accessories

jimsol1
04-04-2014, 02:21 PM
give me a short shield and no external speaker supplied stereo, or stereo and tall shield, bike is unsatisfactory as sold. My opinion, and many others judging by amount of windshield purchases and threads. You won't hurt my feelings by posting contrary to my opinion.:icon_wink:

opas ride
04-04-2014, 02:49 PM
Not trying to hurt your feelings at all, but if the F6B has issues you do not like, trade it or sell it..Life is to short to let motorcycle concerns affect your enjoyment of the sport...I knew right away the stock shield was not for me, but many others, including a few test riders, are happy with the stock stuff and really like the bike...As I don't ride many long distances, stereo music and other music sounds are not in my interests and I don't care for them when I ride so this stuff is a non-issue for me...Others enjoy sounds when they ride and that is their choice....Maybe you should have purchased a GoldWing instead, just a suggestion...Hope you can find the solutions you need as the F6B is the nicest bike for me so far and I had a "bunch" over the last 50 years......

hiflyer
04-04-2014, 02:54 PM
The entire motorcycle industry, has developed a multitude of accessories to allow riders to personalize their rides. Show me a parking lot full of Harleys, then point me to one that is bone stock from the factory. That's part of the fun! Go to a Gold wing rally and you'll see the same. I love my F6, and the day I bought it, I was looking to see how I could change it.

Steve 0080
04-04-2014, 04:26 PM
+1 Smokingjoe187

+1 Hiflyer

Deer Slayer
04-04-2014, 04:50 PM
In 57 years of motorcycle riding, my F6B is the CATs Ass! By best and most fun ride.:yikes:

Scotrod
04-04-2014, 05:20 PM
Are you kidding me??

A little OT, but pretty funny.

Last Sunday,,, friend with a S-Glide and I had just swapped bikes,,, Not even fired up, just mounted up and sitting in the parking lot.

Guy walks straight up to my HD buddy sitting on my 6 and starts telling him usual,,, "Cool Bike! Love it!", etc etc etc,,, Didn't even look twice at me on the SG!!!

I was trying hard not to laugh!!!! Trying,,,,,,,, :crackup:

Retired Army
04-04-2014, 05:35 PM
The perfect bike will materialize the day the rider can make or pay for having it built to their personal specks. Until that day enjoy what is available. One good note about the soft paint, minor scratches do polish out easily.

Lucas
04-04-2014, 05:57 PM
Jim-
The F6B is a wonderful machine. My F6B is also black. Any black vehicle is very difficult to keep clean. Our abrasive world takes a toll on all finishes, but black certainly displays any flaws more brilliantly. Red is much easier to maintain, but the police notice you more. (Other drivers are likely to be color indifferent.)

The original windshield was installed only to sell the motorcycle. It is purely "showroom bling." Replace it with any other windshield: They will all be an improvement! I installed the Madstad windshield. It is adjustable, so one can change seats, or handlebars, and change the position of the windshield to suit.

The radio works fine. I don't use earplugs, and with a full-face helmet, the volume is between 10 and 12. My hearing is imperfect. I enjoy the radio far more than I though I would.

You picked a wonderful motorcycle! Maintenance free. High performance. Smooth. Comfortable... Please give yourself a chance to adapt to the F6B. Heli handlebars will help, if you have any comfort issues.

Thanks for being on the Honda team!
Lucas in Phoenix

erazor55
04-04-2014, 06:12 PM
I love it, love it, love it!

CaptRob
04-04-2014, 06:57 PM
I was irritated about the paint issue being hidden fro me from the dealer when I asked directly after reading the forum. It would have been nice if the dealer or Honda applied the LG knowing the complaints.happygirl ( just liked this one! lol) I do love this new motorcycle! What a machine!:icon_lol:
I am getting out early tomorrow and riding over 4 hrs to the dragon area, ride all day then ride home. All because I rediscovered my love of riding. I can't believe I am seeing these going for $15,000 and know of a fellow forum member who stole one ( 600 miles) under $14,000. I wish I could talk some other Harley guys into flipping. They don't know what they are missing!!:041:

fl1madmax
04-04-2014, 09:54 PM
Nope, me neither. I put a dark bagger shield on and an Ultimate seat with backrest and love the looks even more and now it's comfortable too! :icon_mrgreen:

I love this scooter, so Over Harleys, put Vance and Hines and left Baffle's in , love it , Ride and enjoy, Be safe !

motozeke
04-05-2014, 01:21 AM
No regrets here, and this bike was a huge change for me (primary bikes were a VFR800 and a Ducati Multistrada before this one). This bike is practically perfect in all the ways that matter most. The rest are just tweak it and live with it. I will probably change the windscreen again but the stock seat is plenty comfortable for me. Just rack up the miles in comfort and style, this bike is not for boulevard runs on the weekends.

Elin in So. Cal.
04-05-2014, 02:34 AM
Almost 7,000 miles in four months. NO regrets. None.
And it's late, so I'm also going to say that anyone who complains about issues with this bike has a few screws loose, or has nothing REALLY serious in his/her life.

What needs to be changed on this bike can be summed up on the fingers of one hand, and then only if you want to plink around with it.

"Methinks thou doth compaineth too much."

projectapollo
04-05-2014, 07:59 AM
the need to replace useless windshield and totally change the look of the bike I fell in love with irks me. I still love bike, but when I see a stock shield on one I think they look so much better. Jim

I'm in the minority here, but why not just keep the stock shield on it. I took off a taller one and reverted to the stock shield. I just took a 300 mile trip and it was no problem. The air flow starts at about mid helmet for me and is not turbulent. So no buffetting. With my full helmet it was no biggie. Stay with your beloved stock look for a while, maybe.

opas ride
04-05-2014, 09:35 AM
I think this issue boils down to the looks/style of the stock bike shield and those that want radio noise when they ride....I have ridden the bike both ways and still prefer the taller shield for both aspects...Better sounds and better wind protection with the taller shields...JMHO

robrm250
04-07-2014, 11:00 PM
I have owned a 01,03,and 05 BMW K1200lt and had stereo amp issues on 2 out of 3 put a Jentzen marine radio on one,cruise control issues,starter issues,stock seat sucked plus like most LT riders put a Cee Bailey's windshield on them.I will not even go into price of valve adjustments.I am tall and did not like the standard Goldwing because I was to cramped on them and you see a million of them on the road.That is why I kept trying to find a no issue K1200lt but that was not my luck with any of them.I do not feel screwed at all with the F6 just like I don't feel screwed with my KTM 300.I add accessories that I want to both of them it keeps me in my shop instead of having to go in the house and watch American Idol or Dancing with the Stars.Reality is when you buy a $18,000 street bike or a $8,000 dirtbike you have enough money to personalize it to your liking so there is no need to regret buying it.I would just stay on the forums buy stuff in the for sale section on the cheap and get it the way you want it then ride the hell out of it.

ED209
04-08-2014, 08:54 AM
For me, a bike is a lot of things all wrapped up in a package. Power, dependability, looks, sound, handling, has to be a bagger, has to be a good commuters bike. This I found in the F6B.

Other points of interest are the quiet motor, water cooled motor, in its own class motor (flat 6 water cooled), designed for the times not history, no needs to impress others. No need to belong to the weekend meenie weenies. :icon_lol: No need to make fun of others bikes to make ourselves feel better about the price we spent. :stirthepot: When you finaly have the best, what can I say. :shrug:

There are things that bother me, but its about the road drivers in cars (SAFTEY) on the road, not the bike, that's about it. Those drivers do interrupt my riding experience all the time and it really :catfight: arrrgggg :icon_doh:

ghostrider
04-08-2014, 09:23 AM
I actually feel blessed to find a perfect motorcycle for me, not screwed. A sporty bike that I can ride long distance comfortably, smooth, powerful, reliable. Easy and fun to ride in town. I couldn’t ask for a better bike. No not screwed in anyway.

Scotrod
04-08-2014, 10:18 AM
My 6 might just be the best 'screwin' I ever got! :shrug:

:wife: 'riding'

smokinjoe187
04-09-2014, 08:53 PM
My 6 might just be the best 'screwin' I ever got! :shrug:

:wife: 'riding'

amen...amen

jimsol1
04-09-2014, 10:49 PM
Almost 7,000 miles in four months. NO regrets. None.
And it's late, so I'm also going to say that anyone who complains about issues with this bike has a few screws loose, or has nothing REALLY serious in his/her life.

What needs to be changed on this bike can be summed up on the fingers of one hand, and then only if you want to plink around with it.

"Methinks thou doth compaineth too much."

I have quite a few serious things in my life, do not have a screw loose, and know how to spell complain. And I don't complain often or to you specifically. What it being late has to do with anything is beyond me.
Your reply rubbed me the wrong way, and that is hard to do. :icon_evil:

ghostrider
04-10-2014, 09:28 AM
Looking at your original post, you say you feel screwed because you bought the bike for the looks and now that you realized you need a taller windshield you feel screwed!!? I’m not real sure how you feel you were screwed. Do you think Honda lured you in with the short windshield so you would buy it? Maybe they did but that’s their job haha to sell bikes.

In my opinion if you want to keep the look of the bike then get a clear taller windshield, that maintains the look of the bike pretty well and still get the wind protection you need.

I think the thread rubbed people the wrong way with saying you felt screwed because I think most people are very satisfied and ecstatic with this bike as I am. I’m wondering how you can buy this amazing motorcycle and feel you got “screwed”. I think you just wanted to stir the pot, :stirthepot: and when you do you complain about that too. :nono: You really need to do more riding and less complaining I think. Riding always puts me in a good mood. :icon_biggrin:

opas ride
04-10-2014, 09:35 AM
I believe it was just a poor choice of words and feelings and not intended to offend anyone...I love my F6B and rank it up with the best bikes, if not the best, I have ridden in over 50+ years.....I agree, ride the bike and put a smile on your face and enjoy the day!!!

Hornblower
04-10-2014, 09:51 AM
I believe it was just a poor choice of words and feelings and not intended to offend anyone...I love my F6B and rank it up with the best bikes, if not the best, I have ridden in over 50+ years.....I agree, ride the bike and put a smile on your face and enjoy the day!!!

+1...just looking at all the other posts from Elin, I'm positive there was no intention of offending. Believe me, I have done a fair bit of writing in my time and have learned the hard way how easy it is to be misunderstood when writing as opposed to speaking. I think it's fair to say that we're all here to share our appreciation for a great machine and to help one another. :cheers:

Slingah
04-10-2014, 09:56 AM
The Interblab iz a fuNnY place......,

jimsol1
04-10-2014, 12:28 PM
:039:Really do love the bike, came off 06 k1200lt that had radio reception issues that were unable to be resolved after few trips to dealer and replacing the whole system part by part over 2 years. Prior bike was vtx 1800 that I mounted a HD fairing and waterproof stereo into.
Wind is not the issue, My problem w/f6b could ideally be solved w/stronger amp, better speakers. Even w/ full face helmet and headset plugged into intercom, the wind noise would drown out music at highway speeds. Test rides were not available at dealership prior to buying bike. I should get my 11" dark gray Madstad tomorrow, and will go with the funky looks if it works as well as everyone here says it does. I had high hopes for the klockwerks shield, but the few reviews here have been less than favorable.

I am sure Elin is a beautiful person and had no intention of offending, and I gave it a few days before feeling I had to reply, Happy Riding Season to all, Jim:039:

Hornblower
04-10-2014, 03:06 PM
Wind is not the issue, My problem w/f6b could ideally be solved w/stronger amp, better speakers. Even w/ full face helmet and headset plugged into intercom, the wind noise would drown out music at highway speeds. Test rides were not available at dealership prior to buying bike. I should get my 11" dark gray Madstad tomorrow, and will go with the funky looks if it works as well as everyone here says it does. I had high hopes for the klockwerks shield, but the few reviews here have been less than favorable.

Jim--Good to see you coming back in here :039: If wind noise is the main problem, I'm confident the right windscreen will get you where you want to be. Maybe we can compare notes since I just finished installing the 11" Madstad mere moments ago. I hope to get out tomorrow for test riding. Previously, I was using a Cee Bailey 13" with vent and that greatly reduced wind noise and was more than satisfactory. The whole Madstad thing, along with it's adjustability, was just too intriguing to me. When I saw that I could have that setup with a black base and clear top, that's all it took for me to place the order.

jimsol1
04-10-2014, 06:28 PM
Jim--Good to see you coming back in here :039: If wind noise is the main problem, I'm confident the right windscreen will get you where you want to be. Maybe we can compare notes since I just finished installing the 11" Madstad mere moments ago. I hope to get out tomorrow for test riding. Previously, I was using a Cee Bailey 13" with vent and that greatly reduced wind noise and was more than satisfactory. The whole Madstad thing, along with it's adjustability, was just too intriguing to me. When I saw that I could have that setup with a black base and clear top, that's all it took for me to place the order.

Thanks, I'm not going anywhere, I may be a baby, but I'm not a BIG baby. Just a little irked. Ok I'm over it.
I am 5' 11", and have a long torso, so I guess sitting down on bike I sit about 6" 2". So far I have put baggershield 11" set at 12.5" on bike, which helped a little, next I put Mustang seat which lowers you 1", and I recently upgraded speakers to J and M. Each of these mods have helped a little more, Madstad should do the trick. Good luck w/yours. Jim:yes:

royr
04-10-2014, 07:10 PM
Thanks, I'm not going anywhere, I may be a baby, but I'm not a BIG baby. Just a little irked. Ok I'm over it.
I am 5' 11", and have a long torso, so I guess sitting down on bike I sit about 6" 2". So far I have put baggershield 11" set at 12.5" on bike, which helped a little, next I put Mustang seat which lowers you 1", and I recently upgraded speakers to J and M. Each of these mods have helped a little more, Madstad should do the trick. Good luck w/yours. Jim:yes:

I am similar to you, 5'11"-6', 30" inseam (long torso). Just installed a 13" MadStad. I have only done some short test/set up rides, but I am impressed so far. Quiet and no buffeting. I started with a 11" WS but felt I did not have enough adjustment available to get the air off the top of my helmet. 13" did the trick. I will be installing a Mustang seat also when it arrives??

jimsol1
04-12-2014, 02:59 PM
I installed the madstad 11" dark gray this am and set it at chin level for height and close to 60 degrees in tilt and am very pleased with it's performance, probably will play with the settings, but it seems fine the way it is, did about 50 miles and can hear radio just fine at all speeds. Before all the I told you so's start rolling in, I stand by my original statement that the bike looks better when stock. To someone else's point, the madstad does look better in person. Jim

grendl
04-28-2014, 08:22 PM
Interesting conversation. I am brand new ,not so much to the forum,but my bike just arrived today. It is cold and we are having high winds so I am placating myself by reading the forum and not riding. I bought this bike because of it's looks, the reputation of a Gold Wing and the promise of looooong rides.
Primarily,I like the shorty windshield.(I am thinking it would look better in black shade though) Every bike I have had, I actually took them to someone to cut them down. The roar of the wind,the feel of it as you ride -the things most are avoiding - I pursue.
Always - to each his/her own but just a short ride today has convinced me that I spent my last money(for now) on something I am extremely pleased with.
I will add lower Lights first and not sure I like the double backrest the previous owner installed,The Mustang seat enhances the lines in my humble opinion.
Right now it's sitting in my garage and every half hour I go look at it. Beautiful and form follows function.
Do I feel screwed ? Not at all - this is a work of art and I cant wait for slightly warmer weather. I may not come home for a while.....'riding'

smokinjoe187
05-08-2014, 07:34 PM
Interesting conversation. I am brand new ,not so much to the forum,but my bike just arrived today. It is cold and we are having high winds so I am placating myself by reading the forum and not riding. I bought this bike because of it's looks, the reputation of a Gold Wing and the promise of looooong rides.
Primarily,I like the shorty windshield.(I am thinking it would look better in black shade though) Every bike I have had, I actually took them to someone to cut them down. The roar of the wind,the feel of it as you ride -the things most are avoiding - I pursue.
Always - to each his/her own but just a short ride today has convinced me that I spent my last money(for now) on something I am extremely pleased with.
I will add lower Lights first and not sure I like the double backrest the previous owner installed,The Mustang seat enhances the lines in my humble opinion.
Right now it's sitting in my garage and every half hour I go look at it. Beautiful and form follows function.
Do I feel screwed ? Not at all - this is a work of art and I cant wait for slightly warmer weather. I may not come home for a while.....'riding'
i use mine to go to work and have to admit some days i just want to keep on riding..

mielelaw
05-11-2014, 10:46 AM
Just bought a new red deluxe on 5/9 at Track & Trail in State College, Pa. Rode a 2010 Kawasaki Voyager 235 miles to trade. On the way I was thinking, this bike is pretty smooth, why am I doing this? How much better can the Honda be. Was having second thoughts especially since I had a perfectly good bike all paid up and was now going to trade it in with a substantial amount of cash. Got to the dealer and decided to do it. Knew going in from this forum that the windshield would be an issue. I hopped on the F6B and within 10 miles, I knew it was the right move. The bike is a whole different level of anything I have ever ridden. I just sold a Concours 14 which I thought was awesome and a Harley Road King Classic that I also thought was great but none of these bikes hold a candle to the F6B. Rode home 235 miles with a full face flip and thoroughly enjoyed the ride. When I tried to flip helmet up, it was not for me thus the need to get a higher shield, at least for the warmer months. Only other thing right now is to find the right driver backrest. Great bike, no regrets.

Steve 0080
05-11-2014, 03:40 PM
Yes…she is a beauty!!!