PDA

View Full Version : Crosswinds

FlyinF
03-14-2014, 04:56 PM
Couple days ago was up in the Texas panhandle and got caught in a dust storm with crosswinds in the 35-40mph range. I have been riding over 40 years on all kinds of bikes and I think the F6 handled the "breeze" quite nicely. It was no major drama. For the record I have an OEM Goldwing windshield cut down enough for me to see over it when sitting on Mustang seat.............good combo!

JackBurns40
03-14-2014, 08:00 PM
One of the big reasons I want a heavier bike than the Mighty KLR is the problem with crosswinds. The wind in Nebraska can just throw a lighter bike around. And I won't take the KLR across Wyoming. So I think the F6B could likely deal with this well. Glad to hear your good report.

MSGT-R
03-17-2014, 02:04 PM
Try it with a KLR-250.. :shock:

The San Diego Bay Bridge is quite the experience in Santa Anas!

hiflyer
03-17-2014, 02:35 PM
Couple days ago was up in the Texas panhandle and got caught in a dust storm with crosswinds in the 35-40mph range. I have been riding over 40 years on all kinds of bikes and I think the F6 handled the "breeze" quite nicely. It was no major drama. For the record I have an OEM Goldwing windshield cut down enough for me to see over it when sitting on Mustang seat.............good combo!

I grew up in the TX panhandle, if you can fly, play golf, or ride a motorcycle there, you can do all three anywhere.

Blotar
03-19-2014, 05:10 PM
We have a tall bridge in the Houston area called the "Fred Hartman". there is usually some wind on it as it is quite tall. I was only slightly irritated with the 'push' I got before the SS Belly Pan. Wow! What a difference. We have had some striking wind the last couple of weeks and barely a bobble. I am very pleasesd with how the belly pan does that part of it's job. (yes, I did see a little blood during the install)
Blotar:icon_biggrin:

hiflyer
03-19-2014, 09:34 PM
We have a tall bridge in the Houston area called the "Fred Hartman". there is usually some wind on it as it is quite tall. I was only slightly irritated with the 'push' I got before the SS Belly Pan. Wow! What a difference. We have had some striking wind the last couple of weeks and barely a bobble. I am very pleasesd with how the belly pan does that part of it's job. (yes, I did see a little blood during the install)
Blotar:icon_biggrin:

+1 on the difference AND the blood. I knew I should have worn the shop gloves.

kjelders
03-20-2014, 09:02 AM
I grew up in the TX panhandle, if you can fly, play golf, or ride a motorcycle there, you can do all three anywhere.

How true! However, if you play golf somewhere outside the panhandle, you get the funny look from your playing partners when you line up your t-shot and your facing the fairway you just finished.

4DI2D
03-20-2014, 12:38 PM
I have a belt/disc sander that's going to get a workout.

I can see no reason to leave sharp edges or pointy corners in place.