PDA

View Full Version : Wow, maybe screwed too strong a word...

jimsol1
03-15-2014, 09:56 AM
How's disappointed bike is unrideable in stock condition, and I love the stock look. Wish I was 5'2", then stock screen would be perfect!!!:icon_razz:

ED209
03-15-2014, 10:53 AM
:icon_doh: the thing that stinks about the internet forums are that we are not face to face real world and we read things wrong all the time. What may be a joke can backfire. :yikes:

I got the 16.5" Honda F6B windshield from the dealer and I can tell you that you would love it. :041:

Dirtstiff's F6B
03-15-2014, 11:09 AM
On our first long ride on the F6B; I was so mad at that the bike in stock trim because of buffeting and wind shear, constantly lifting my helmet off, I actually had to stop... Man, was I was pissed.

I ordered the Bagger(11" - 19") shield that same day and now it is the bike I expected it to be. http://www.baggershield.com/

I also have V Twins with various height and type shields and knew what to expect with a short shield, but the F6B shield was absolutely horrible..

After the shield & highway peg upgrade, I honestly can say I have never owned a more comfortable bike.

Very satisfied now.

Jim

bobbyf6b
03-15-2014, 11:17 AM
When I find myself complaining about this or that, I just remember how much of a PITA my HD was! It was always one thing or another, in the shop, something falling off, etc. This bike is so well made that we forget what a great machine it is and start making things up to complain about. I've never had a bike that I didn't change or customize to my taste so this bike isn't any different to me.

I have a collection of windshields so I can change it anytime I like. I'm sure this summer I'll put the stock shield back on just for fun. :icon_cool:

Scotrod
03-15-2014, 12:48 PM
I've had dozens shields over the years,,, Most of us can tell by looking the 'belly-button' high shield on the 6 is purely for looks, not ~function~,,, :shrug:

Great for slow putts out in the country in summer,,, NOT for covering ground in a hurry or for those who don't like 'parachute' mode!!! 'windy'

Rode home last night running about 80+ for 3+ hours,,, Sure LUUUUV my Madstad!!! :icon_biggrin:

I don't give a flying fart if some folks think it ain't sexy!!! 'mooning' LMAO!!!!!

unsub
03-15-2014, 01:05 PM
How's disappointed bike is unrideable in stock condition, and I love the stock look. Wish I was 5'2", then stock screen would be perfect!!!:icon_razz:

Good thing you didn't offer up an opinion on:
1. Riding Skills
2. Engine oil
3. CT or not to CT

:stirthepot:

Once again, welcome and have fun on that bike.:icon_biggrin:

jimsol1
03-15-2014, 06:56 PM
If the bike came w/no radio, the shield would be fine. But to sell a bike with stereo that is useless to a large percentage of buyers without further investing in a taller windshield seems like b.s. Have you ever seen a bike that everyone has to buy a new windshield for it in the first week? That is my point, not wind, I had a vtx 1800 before the bmw k1200lt, I like a little wind, but don't like buying bike w/stereo that is inaudible without further investing in a screen. Not trying to hurt anyone's feelings, and yes it is the best bike I have owned in the last 32 years. jim

hiflyer
03-15-2014, 07:53 PM
If the bike came w/no radio, the shield would be fine. But to sell a bike with stereo that is useless to a large percentage of buyers without further investing in a taller windshield seems like b.s. Have you ever seen a bike that everyone has to buy a new windshield for it in the first week? That is my point, not wind, I had a vtx 1800 before the bmw k1200lt, I like a little wind, but don't like buying bike w/stereo that is inaudible without further investing in a screen. Not trying to hurt anyone's feelings, and yes it is the best bike I have owned in the last 32 years. jim

HD offered the same "problem" with the screen that came on the non Ultra Road Glide. Looks not function.

Scotrod
03-15-2014, 08:05 PM
See that there pigtail next to the glove box?
Plug yer headset into it.:shrug:

ff73148
03-16-2014, 07:17 AM
I discovered a long time ago that you would be lucky to jump on a bike a have it fit you perfectly. Windshield height, seat height, comfort, can my fit touch the ground, can I reach the handlebars, etc. Manufacturers don't make adjustable motorcycles. That is why all these aftermarket companies survive. I've come to accept that I have to make adjustments and spend money to make my bike fit me. It comes down to the basic bike. To you love it or hate it. After that decision is made, you can always make you bike fit. For me, I love this bike and I've spend money to make it fit me. Now if the winter can end here in NJ I can get out and ride.

GONRDN
03-16-2014, 08:20 AM
When I first rode my bike home from the dealer, I wore my novelty beanie helmet because I traded my HD for this bike. I only had sunglasses that I had to wear also. Was a rough ride home but I would never say it was unrideable. Got home and switched out to my 3/4 helmet and continued cruising. That night I ordered a new windshield.

Every f6b looks exactly the same, except color, when they leave the factory. Every panel, screw, nut, bolt, pushpin etc., will fit every other f6b. Odds are that every person who bought this bike is totally different. YOU have to fit the bike to fit YOU.

1951vbs
03-16-2014, 08:56 AM

Jim,
I think they built this bike for me! Or maybe someone who always wears a full-face helmet and helmet speakers or earbuds. I like the stock height screen, I even purchased a dark tint one and cut it down shorter than stock and have managed to put on over 10,000 miles since September. True, I do like how the short screen looks but have no problem in the rain or cold. Mike

opas ride
03-16-2014, 10:34 AM
Don't you love America!!..We can, at least for now, express our own opinions and desires and ride with what we want and like....Choice is great and I hope we can all continue to equip our bikes as we feel fit to do...."Too each his own", as they say!!

miramiramira
03-16-2014, 04:39 PM
cost to make my 1200 Sportster Roadster work for me = $2500
cost to make my Road King Police work for me = $1200
cost to make my F6B work for me = $200

JBnAZ
03-17-2014, 09:10 PM
Jim,

Screwed is a bit strong - imparactical, annoying, bothersome may be better. Others see it as an opportunity, even a gift, to be enabled to shop and install aftermarket upgrades. Some may say it can lead to obsessive and compulsive actions!

A windscreen is cheaper and easier than lowering the bike to meet the inseam of a 5'2" rider.......

mike2000t
06-07-2014, 08:11 PM
I hated the stock screen in the winter. Too much cold air. But now that summer, and 95 degrees with high humidity is upon me, I think I will switch back from the BS 17".

I am one who was certainly going toget the tall shield anyway. I knew that from day 1. I absolutely love this bike.

smokinjoe187
06-08-2014, 01:45 AM
I hated the stock screen in the winter. Too much cold air. But now that summer, and 95 degrees with high humidity is upon me, I think I will switch back from the BS 17".

I am one who was certainly going toget the tall shield anyway. I knew that from day 1. I absolutely love this bike.

My dealer right off the bat installed the tall screen and fog lights,while not perfect it made the bike ridable...
i have never looked back..im trying to find the right summer screen now but i may just stick to my current screen and open the vent!!

smokinjoe187
06-08-2014, 01:46 AM
cost to make my 1200 Sportster Roadster work for me = $2500
cost to make my Road King Police work for me = $1200
cost to make my F6B work for me = $200

amen

Steve 0080
06-08-2014, 07:23 AM
'welcome gang’ 'chill/pill':pop::popcorn:

mike2000t
06-08-2014, 07:45 AM
The aftermarket accessories for this bike is wonderful compared to my vt1100t. So as others have said, you can really make this bike your own.

I think im gonna take a shower and hop on her this morning. :)

fast eddie
06-08-2014, 08:29 AM
let me get this right you have been riding over 30 yrs ? the F6B is the best bike you have ridden ? But you got screwed :jerkit:? How bad were the other bikes then and what were they ? I really don't want any of those :icon_rolleyes:.