PDA

View Full Version : Dern this bike MOVES !

ED209
03-15-2014, 06:08 PM
Been riding pretty casual since I bought this bike, but today I did a pass, actually a couple passes due to traffic.

We all know about the ability to roll on pass in 5th gear, but if you do it in 2nd and let it open up....huh, you better hang on! :yikes: I had a log truck going slow in front of me on a long stretch and cars building up behind me so I had to go. I was in 2nd, put my blinker on and opened it up and good gosh that bike growled and built HP very strongly through 2nd into 3rd, then there was another truck in front of the log truck going slow I had to nail again and go around that one, that time I was in 3rd and this bike just chits and gets it.

I have absolutely no regrets about power coming off my recent Yamaha Stratoliner build that produced 140lbs trq off idle and 105hp with a 120ci build. The Stratoliner would pull hard at low rpm then let off its climb compared to this F6B motor. This F6b pulls like my Suzuki GS1100 I had when I was young. :041:

choptop
03-15-2014, 06:24 PM
Been riding pretty casual since I bought this bike, but today I did a pass, actually a couple passes due to traffic.

We all know about the ability to roll on pass in 5th gear, but if you do it in 2nd and let it open up....huh, you better hang on! :yikes: I had a log truck going slow in front of me on a long stretch and cars building up behind me so I had to go. I was in 2nd, put my blinker on and opened it up and good gosh that bike growled and built HP very strongly through 2nd into 3rd, then there was another truck in front of the log truck going slow I had to nail again and go around that one, that time I was in 3rd and this bike just chits and gets it.

I have absolutely no regrets about power coming off my recent Yamaha Stratoliner build that produced 140lbs trq off idle and 105hp with a 120ci build. The Stratoliner would pull hard at low rpm then let off its climb compared to this F6B motor. This F6b pulls like my Suzuki GS1100 I had when I was young. :041:

I am sure that once I get a chance to ride this bike that I will have no regrets not having my 127ci, in the Harley.:icon_biggrin:

Scotrod
03-15-2014, 08:13 PM
The OEM Liner would punch yer butt with a quick twist of the throttle, but it ran outta breath as ya held on,,,

The flat six doesn't quite provide the 'instant gratification' of cracking a big twin, but it's deceivingly smooth and keeps on building speed.

Yep, 2nd gear can be a hoot!!! :icon_biggrin: Best to have plenty of open road ahead of ya!!! LOL!!!