PDA

View Full Version : Rake adjusting windshield Kit

Steve 0080
05-25-2013, 09:31 PM
http://wingstuff.com/products/33918-rake-adjusting-gold-wing-windshield-kit?context=windshields_accessories-f6b

Although butt ugly has anyone seen this in action???

http://wingstuff.com/products/32057-gl1800-new-generation-adjustable-hand-wings

I wonder if the Baker Wings would help with the wind noise as well?????

BACA
05-25-2013, 09:42 PM
Here is Quickdraw's article on the Rake Kit.....

http://www.dayledesigns.biz/yellowspot/comfort.html#WB

MichaelG
05-26-2013, 12:27 AM
Steve, the guy that makes and sells these rake kits lives about 11.81254 miles from my house. I have been to his shop several times. I have seen the rack kit in person, and...in my personal opinion...not needed.

Hey, I like Dayle, he is a very nice guy, and he makes things and builds things for the rider community, especially the Wings, that are sometimes good, and sometimes not needed. I had one of the original WindBender windshields on my '03 Wing, and while it did work...it was not the cats meow. That is why I prefer a Tulsa windshield now.

In my opinion, I would not spend money on the rack kit...especially for an F6B. The windshield that I use, and that PBlair uses, are already swept back moreso than most windshields. They are very aerodynamic, better fuel mileage, and make the bike get up to the limited 125 mph even faster:icon_mrgreen:

Steve 0080
05-26-2013, 12:31 AM
Miles, other than looks I am not overly happy with my Baggershield....I am looking at everything out there before I buy another shield.....I may have to have a yard sale soon just for shields...

BACA
05-26-2013, 12:46 AM
I have a Windbender, without the rack thingy and like it. I can see over the top of the windshield and there is no buffeting around my head. The wind comes through between the two pieces and forces the wind over your head, depending upon how many clicks the outside piece is up. I'm not a long distance rider so I can understand Miles' preference for the Tulsa....I had a Tulsa on my 01 Wing and liked it very much....I was protected for rides in the rain.

I'm not trying to influence your decision, but I like my Windbender, and for what it's worth, I'm averaging 42 miles per gallon.

Steve 0080
05-26-2013, 07:43 AM
Thanks...I did order the Baker Air Wings for under the mirrors....I read on a post that they helped quite a bit on the wind noise and buffeting for the passenger. Will see. Leaving for a small run up the East coast next week for 5 days and hopefully will have good weather and try out some new parts as well...

MichaelG
05-26-2013, 09:27 AM
Moneybags, I can agree with you that the Windbender windshield is a good windshield. I liked mine too on the '03 Wing. The one I had was actually given to me for free from the original designer of the Windbender...years before he sold the product and company to Dayle. I had no complaints about the Windbender. My comments were more directed to the Rake Kit.

BTW, the Rake Kit...changes the angle of the Windbender to make it stand up more...not lay back more.

Steve, I wish that you had asked me about the under the mirror wings, as Tulsa also makes those, and I am 100% on board with using the Tulsa Wing Wings, rather than the Baker Built ones. Now...I know Bruce and Barbara Baker...very nice people, and I have nothing bad to say about their product. But the Tulsa Wind Wings are that much better. They were one of the very first things I ordered for this bike...have had a set on every GL-1800 I have owned...and they do provide excellent additional wind blockage, as well as noice reduction. If you have a chance to cancel the Baker Built Wind Wings...do so, and buy the Tulsa Wind Wings.

And Steve, if you do this, get the DARK tinted ones...not the lightly tinted or clear ones. DARK tinted for this area only.

http://www.allamericanprod.com/1800.html

Allen, at All American Products (Tulsa Enterprises) was the original company and person to come out with many of the items that we use today, such as the...Belly Pan. Others have copied his products, because they do work that well, and because the products SELL.

Alberta Beagle
05-26-2013, 03:53 PM
Miles, other than looks I am not overly happy with my Baggershield....I am looking at everything out there before I buy another shield.....I may have to have a yard sale soon just for shields...

What do you not like about the Baggershield Steve?

pblair
05-28-2013, 07:57 AM

I just got a 17" with a slight re-curve from Tulsa Enterprises. I got an excellent test this morning coming to work. 85-90 and silky smooth. Radio set to 12 and sounded great. I am very pleased with it.

However it is lightly tinted and I prefer clear. It is coming off tonight and I will be replacing it with a clear. Not sure how TCC will be pricing them. They will post it soon.

MichaelG
05-28-2013, 09:57 AM
I just got a 17" with a slight re-curve from Tulsa Enterprises. I got an excellent test this morning coming to work. 85-90 and silky smooth. Radio set to 12 and sounded great. I am very pleased with it.

However it is lightly tinted and I prefer clear. It is coming off tonight and I will be replacing it with a clear. Not sure how TCC will be pricing them. They will post it soon.

Okay, PB, I am a sucker for collecting used windshields:icon_rolleyes:, so tell me, what are you going to be doing with that 17" windshield with the light tint, and the slight re-curve ??????????????????????????????????????????????????