PDA

View Full Version : What exhaust are you running?

TeamSix
03-19-2014, 06:26 PM
Just looking for opinions on the available aftermarket exhaust for the F6.

Also, is anyone using the PowerCommander V or a similar unit? Is it worth the expense? Any need to remap the FI after putting on a K&N air filter and set of exhaust? Does the "start/idle, let fans come on twice procedure" actually reset the ECM and account for the mod changes?

F6B-RICH
03-19-2014, 06:31 PM
I am running Torq Master Daytona's black chrome color.I installed a K&N filter as a winter mod no problems .batman-smilie.

TeamSix
03-19-2014, 06:35 PM
Thanks, I'll check them out. Definitely want them in black. Phasing out all stock chrome as I go.

F6B-RICH
03-19-2014, 06:57 PM
Thanks, I'll check them out. Definitely want them in black. Phasing out all stock chrome as I go.

Agree. I got the stock brake lever powder coated black.Its the one thing that really needs to be black asap.I went with the Torq Masters because I do not want to deal with all the drone problems some other pipes are doing .batman-smilie.

opas ride
03-19-2014, 08:04 PM
Cobra 6-2-6's with K&N filter and baffles in..Drone is a little bothersome, but have not had the chance to ride enough yet as the winter here in MI. has been very harsh...I have not done anything with re-setting of the ECM and bike seems to run fine...Maybe the dealer, who installed the pipes and filter did it already...I will ask them next time I talk with them....Some have said the ECM will re-set itself with the different set-up, some have said to start bike and run it until fans come on...I do not know which is correct at this point, but bike runs great in my opinion......

TeamSix
03-19-2014, 08:36 PM
How do you like the sound of the Cobras?

CaptRob
03-19-2014, 08:43 PM
I just ordered black Cobras today! We will see They look super badass!! New Ebay $694 free shipping

1951vbs
03-19-2014, 09:11 PM
I am running Torq Master Daytona's black chrome color.I installed a K&N filter as a winter mod no problems .batman-smilie.

Those look great!:yes:

bobbyf6b
03-20-2014, 12:56 AM
How do you like the sound of the Cobras?

My Cobras sound amazing at idle and while revving it. At cruising speed there's a "drone" that I hopefully will get used to. It bothers some, but not everyone.

Hornblower
03-20-2014, 07:34 AM
I'm running the Torq Master Daytona pipes with the optional end baffles. In about 5 minutes, I can convert from quiet to nosier simply by removing one screw on each side that retains the baffle. Now, I can have it both ways 'all/right'

opas ride
03-20-2014, 11:08 AM
TeamSix...Sound of Cobra's is fine for me..Not to loud and not to quiet...I have heard them from the rear with the bike moving away when my son took it for a ride and it was good for me...The "drone" can be a bit bothersome on the highway, if you let it, but this noise depends, somewhat, on the type of helmet, earplugs, and windshield one uses I think...They look great and I will continue to run them until I have an issue then go back to stock most likely....BTW, I went to CSU as I am from the Denver area.....Many moons ago....Good Luck...

GiddyupF6B
03-20-2014, 11:49 AM
I currently have the Torqmaster "Daytona" in black chrome. I just shifted gears and ordered a set of Torqmaster "King snakes" in hot rod satin black which I should have in 2 weeks.

dickiedeals
03-20-2014, 12:28 PM
Rush Racing with 21/2 inch baffles. No need to change anything other than go to a K&N Air Filter when you change it. Once you install the Rush slipons, remove batter cable for a couple min,s, reconnect and ride it. The computer will reset itself.

Everyone who hear's and see's mine really like the way they sound and look. If you install end tips 4025B there is no drone................Dickie

GiddyupF6B
03-20-2014, 12:36 PM
Rush Racing with 21/2bayyeaffles. No need to change anything other than go to a K&N Air Filter when you change it. Once you install the Rush slipons, remove batter cable for a couple min,s, reconnect and ride it. The computer will reset itself.

Everyone who hear's and see's mine really like the way they sound and look. If you install end tips 4025B there is no drone................Dickie

Are you sure it's necessary to disconnect the battery for the ecu to learn the new set up? I did pipes and a K&N and did not unhook the battery, the bike adapted on it's own.

dickiedeals
03-20-2014, 12:53 PM
Are you sure it's necessary to disconnect the battery for the ecu to learn the new set up? I did pipes and a K&N and did not unhook the battery, the bike adapted on it's own.

Its just what I did. Perhaps I didn't need to. Seems like I read somewhere to do it. Maybe in the Shop Manual. Don't really remember....Dickie:yikes:

GiddyupF6B
03-20-2014, 01:09 PM
Its just what I did. Perhaps I didn't need to. Seems like I read somewkni to do it. Maybe they're Shop Manuabije on't really remember....DickiI didn't :yikes:

Yeah I had read on the forums a little while ago the same thing, that's why I was asking. I know per the manual you can reset the bike with a certain procedure but I didn't know if it was necessary for exhaust and air filter. In my recent experience with pipes and a K&N I found out for my bike it was not. The difference in performance is noticeable without a reset.

stepbill
03-20-2014, 02:31 PM
I just ordered the RUSH pipes in black with the 2.25" baffle. The extended tip is on backorder.

Scotrod
03-20-2014, 02:59 PM
Hmmm,, all this news about different pipes, and no user-provided sound clips,,,, :icon_frown:

I believe there is a 'member-provided' clip of the Cobra's here somewhere, but clips from our members with T-master's / Rush are kinda hard to come by.

(There area a couple Rush clips on YouBoob, but unclear what size baffle he was running,,,)

Bruce B
03-20-2014, 03:04 PM
Rush Racing with 21/2 inch baffles. No need to change anything other than go to a K&N Air Filter when you change it. Once you install the Rush slipons, remove batter cable for a couple min,s, reconnect and ride it. The computer will reset itself.

I have the 4022B tips. Do you know if the 4025B tips that you have are any longer than mine? I'm running the 2.25 inch baffles but if the 4025B tip would eliminate drone, I'd switch back to my 2.5 inchers. Did you ever have other tips on those pipes so that you have a standard of comparision re: the drone? Thanks, Bruce

dickiedeals
03-20-2014, 03:53 PM
I have the 4022B tips. Do you know if the 4025B tips that you have are any longer than mine? I'm running the 2.25 inch baffles but if the 4025B tip would eliminate drone, I'd switch back to my 2.5 inchers. Did you ever have other tips on those pipes so that you have a standard of comparision re: the drone? Thanks, Bruce

The 4025B's are 5 3/4"s plus the inside collar. The 4022B's are a lot shorter,,,,,,,,,,,Dickie

Bruce B
03-20-2014, 03:59 PM
The 4025B's are 5 3/4"s plus the inside collar. The 4022B's are a lot shorter,,,,,,,,,,,Dickie

Thanks, Dickie. For sake of comparison, have you had any other tips on your Rush pipes?

dickiedeals
03-20-2014, 04:18 PM
Thanks, Dickie. For sake of comparison, have you had any other tips on your Rush pipes?

I think the ones I took off are the 4022's. They are 3"s plus the inside collar.I'm running 2 1/2" Baffle. The 4025B's are even with the back now and the Drone is Behind me lol:clap2:...Dickie:

Mustangjake
03-20-2014, 05:26 PM
My cobra pipes

bigdew
03-21-2014, 07:31 AM
I am running Rush 2.5" black pipes and love the sound. Sound like a exotic sports car. I have a little drone but plan on doing torq loopz down the rode also.

Texas TC
03-21-2014, 07:56 AM
I really like my Torq Master King Snakes. I installed them over 10,000 miles ago and have been impressed since day one. Mellow sound, no drone. Not too loud to hear the radio at 80 mph. Mine are chrome, they come in black chrome also.

indiatango
03-22-2014, 12:48 AM
I have a couple of requests for sound clips of my Bassani pipes. I'll try to get some posted up tomorrow.