PDA

View Full Version : fun story for ya's

ED209
03-20-2014, 06:46 AM
Yesterday I had to work, yes it was terrible. :icon_doh: :icon_lol:

So, as I am going home, I stop by the store my wife manages, a Publix supermarket store here in town. Its my duty to stop by and say Hi as usual. The parking lot drivers can be a challenge as you all know. So here I go through the parking lot, hey [quick snap to the right] dodge that old lady, ho [brakes and left turn] watch that girl on the cell phone, yikes [brakes and slow race] look out kids running, into a parking spot and circle around to set the bike the way I like. Wheewww parked ! Love it, super control machine. :041:

A couple spots over a fellow in a white work truck says "man what is that, I thought you were riding a big scooter with the way you control that thing"? :nono: no scooter, its a Goldwing actually. The guy goes :yikes: "how big is the motor"? I said its like 1800cc plus a little. He says "oh my :icon_razz: garshk" !

We talk a little about the bike, I explain how the motor is a flat 6 sitting on the bottom and balanced perfect. He says "you know man, that thing is so quiet and so maneuverable that I ready did think you were on a large scooter of some sort". .notworthy. I said, feel free to look it over sir, I have to go in the store. I said, I love this bike more than any street bike I ever owned, I says its basically my GS1000 from my younger years built into a bagger WITH music. :clap2:

I ended up calling the bike, "Hondas town and city sporty version Goldwing". Walked away watching the guy drool heavily over the bike. :icon_mrgreen:

coffee_weasle
03-20-2014, 08:42 AM
the single most common question i get is WFT is that?

lol, for some reason, i just love that ,,,,,, :lolup:

1951vbs
03-20-2014, 08:49 AM
the single most common question i get is WFT is that?

My answer:

GONRDN
03-20-2014, 10:33 AM
I like to say, "I'm Batman". Then run away.

Ericb445
03-20-2014, 12:33 PM
I have had two people tell me "that has to be the biggest scooter I've ever seen" They don't believe me when I tell them it's a Goldwing.

dickiedeals
03-20-2014, 12:45 PM
Yea my Harley riding buddies said it looks like a big scooter and Laughed. Now that I've had it awhile and they have all eaten Honda fumes a time or two they want to ride it, then want to know what it cost, and I know for sure two of them are shopping. It is cool when we come out of where ever we are and there are always people checking out my big scooter asking me questions and not paying the Harley's any attention at all...............Dickie

ED209
03-20-2014, 04:08 PM
:icon_lol: I work with some :jerkit: types, I build pools a s a retirement job, its part time, the guys :icon_doh:

A couple days ago at breakfast one of the guys [steep southern draw voice] " you ridin that there spaceship bike, it just goes by and you don't hear a thing, just little bzzzz then you go by".

Elin in So. Cal.
03-20-2014, 05:06 PM
... asking me questions and not paying the Harley's any attention at all...............Dickie

Yup. I went on a ride with "the Wednesday group" that meets at Quaid Harley over the hill a bit (30 miles away) and I come into the lot and park, and all these burley and not-so-burley Harley dudes raise up their heads... I swear it looked like a bunch of those meer cats.... you get this look???
So they're looking my way. They quickly adjust back into their "coolness mode" and saunter over to see what this "little lady" is riding. The usual questions and then they got to follow me and eat my dust through some technical twisties (Palomar Mountain Observatory road).
Nobody's asked me to ride it, though. Something about that "it-must-be-a-girlie-bike" thing keeps 'em silent. I wouldn't let 'em anyway.

CaptRob
03-20-2014, 06:48 PM

This bike is not for posing!!! It is most definitely for riding!!!'riding'

Ericb445
03-20-2014, 06:48 PM
Meer cat that's exactly the look Harley guys give. Its funny because I look just like the stereo typical biker minus all the pirate clothes. They just don't know what to think.

Steve 0080
03-20-2014, 11:17 PM
I get them going by wearing a H.D. shirt !!!

ED209
03-21-2014, 05:18 PM
:icon_lol: good stuff.......... :icon_mrgreen: