PDA

View Full Version : Throttlemeister Install

alscott42
03-20-2014, 03:19 PM
If anyone has installed the Throttlemiester, how difficult is it to install? and any tips on adjusting it for proper use.

Tbone56
03-20-2014, 04:14 PM
If anyone has installed the Throttlemiester, how difficult is it to install? and any tips on adjusting it for proper use.

It is not difficult to install or adjust. However, ended up selling it and buying the $30 Go Cruise.

Hornblower
03-20-2014, 04:43 PM
I've had both the Throttlemeister and the Go Cruise and my personal choice is the Go Cruise. For me, it's easier to install, easier to use, and far less expensive. I do recommend the aluminum Go Cruise and not the plastic one, however.

Mustangjake
03-20-2014, 05:28 PM
Yeah I have the aluminum go cruise no problems

F6B-RICH
03-20-2014, 08:28 PM
I had the Go Cruise and it was ok.I installed the Throtlemeister last year and used it a few times and I like it.Easy install with no problems adjusting it.I also had good results with the yellow o-ring they sell on E-bay that goes between the grip and end weight for a real cheap cruise/throttle holder .batman-smilie.

Scotrod
03-20-2014, 08:34 PM
I am currently using the Kaoko, which is very similar in function to the T-meister,,,

The 'difficult' part of the whole installation was the removal of the internal handlebar weight, not the installation of the Kaoko. (Patience and a couple small screwdrivers are required)

I had/have the Go Cruise. It works good and is super quick to install as well as use going down the road.

I got the Kaoko for a couple reasons.

Appearance: Just felt like I wanted something different than what I had. Something a bit more ~hidden~ :shrug: (Mod bug bit me too! LOL!)

Function A: Most any of the T-meister, Kaoko, or Kury* throttle locks functions the same way. ( * http://www.kuryakyn.com/products/1538/mechanical-throttle-cruise-assist ) I had the Kury set up before and it wasn't as easy to tighten/loosen as I thought it should be w/gloves on,,, I assumed the knurled portion of the Kaoko would be easier to grasp/control. (I assumed correctly.) The similarity in shape of the T-meister to the Kury made me remember how big a PITA the Kury was. Those memories also shaped my decision to try the Kaoko over the T-meister based on shape. (DISCLAIMER: I have not tried the T-meister so I can not say it's "the same" as the Kury)

Function B: The Go Cruise has to be re-set every time you accelerate. No big deal, as the others have to be reset as well, however, 'the others' can be cranked on snug and given very very slight adjustments that hold extremely well. The Go - cruise some times takes some fiddling to get it back exactly where ya want it.

Again, not a deal killer by any means, and I really have no 'bad' things to say about the Go Cruise. The price, simplicity, and ease of use of the GC are all well worth the price! :yes:

FlaMike
03-20-2014, 08:56 PM
Got T Meister. Can't tell you about install as it was already on bike when I got it.

Been using it for 5k mi and it works great for me, have no plans to change to anything else.
And while it's just a $$ throttle lock, I really don't miss the lack of cruise control as much as I thought I would.

hiflyer
03-20-2014, 09:50 PM
T.M. Comes with a "tool" to remove the innards. I bought and looked at it for a week before I tackled it. It's easy, just follow the directions. 30 minutes max

Boltar
03-22-2014, 12:41 PM
Installed the Kaoko a couple of days ago, here are a few notes-

!) pulling the bar end weight is the hard part. The spring retainer actually comes out first once you learn to be a brain surgeon and work it with two very small flat head screw drivers... then pull the bar end weight... this was 30 minutes of jacking around trying to figure out what to do...

2) Once this was done, the Kaoko insert end was too "tight" to insert into the handlebar... at first I thought they had sent me the wrong one... but ~10min of emery cloth work on the inside on the handlebar finally made it fit smoothly...

3) The "grub screw" on my unit was full down tight, have to loosen it to get the ~2MM (.078:) gap required prior to install..

4) The instructions feature tiny print, tiny photos that are hard decipher...and somehow apply to about 8 bikes, with not all steps applying to all bikes... truly a JOKE!!!

5) Once installed, the dang thang works just fine. Easy to set, easy to shut off, and allows small adjustments without fussing with re-set the friction once you get a feel for it.. Also looks nice, well integrated and high quality.

So there you have it..

Boltar

Brooptexas@gmail.com
03-22-2014, 02:00 PM
I have had several of the Throttlemeisters on different bikes, just installed on the F6B took maybe 15 minutes start to finish. It looks great and works great. Got the heavy weight bar ends that are machined so they look good too.

Ride Safe.

Rigsby
06-22-2014, 12:16 AM
Having trouble rolling back the rubber hand grip on the DeLuxe heated grip model any tips? :icon_frown:

Hornblower
06-22-2014, 05:54 AM
Having trouble rolling back the rubber hand grip on the DeLuxe heated grip model any tips? :icon_frown:

Only thing I know is HEAT. That will soften the adhesive and allow you to peel back.

F6B-RICH
06-22-2014, 08:42 AM

Why do you have to roll back the grip to install the Throttlemeister?I installed mine with no problems .batman-smilie.

Scotrod
06-22-2014, 09:45 AM
Why do you have to roll back the grip to install the Throttlemeister?I installed mine with no problems .batman-smilie.

Kinda curious myself,,, I don't have heated grips, and heck,,, not even T-meisters,,, (Kaoko here, same concept) No 'rollin' required, but :shrug:

Blotar
06-23-2014, 07:13 PM
I have several thousand miles with the Throttlemeister and I like it very much. I also stared at the pieces for a long time before I took it on. With the removal sleeve all the internal stuff came out very easily. The part about filing the little nubs off of the right side was sort of elusive, but in the end I like the way it looks and works!
Blotar

Exbmwrider
06-25-2014, 06:21 PM
I just received/installed my Throttlemeister on my Red Deluxe. I'm no mechanic, but I got both sides installed in around 30 minutes. No muss, no fuss. Only concern was that they'd shipped a boatload of washers and other gizmos in the parts bag that were totally unnecessary on the F6b. Corbin seat appointment next week, then I'll be completely ready for my trips to the PNW and Franklin!

a1scoot
07-31-2014, 05:13 PM
Just installed a throttlemeister on my F6B.....20 minutes and it works perfect...had one on my FJR and loved it...
a1scoot