PDA

View Full Version : Madstad

CaptRob
03-21-2014, 06:26 PM
Any experience with Madstad shields? I have an aftermarket Slipstream smoked shield 4724(see pic ) still a few inches too short!!:icon_rolleyes: Will a Madstad fit over this slipstream? I do have a mustang seat coming soon and that will drop me a bit more but, I fear i will still need 1"-2" more windscreen.

I wish the clock werks was a hair bigger as well. Any advise appreciated!!!!! :thumb:

1951vbs
03-21-2014, 06:31 PM
Any experience with Madstad shields? I have an aftermarket Slipstream smoked shield 4724(see pic ) still a few inches too short!!:icon_rolleyes: Will a Madstad fit over this slipstream? I do have a mustang seat coming soon and that will drop me a bit more but, I fear i will still need 1"-2" more windscreen.

I wish the clock werks was a hair bigger as well. Any advise appreciated!!!!! :thumb:

Capt, There are 11 pages about it here: http://hondaf6b.com/showthread.php?991-Madstad-for-F6B&highlight=madstad

Good reading.

CaptRob
03-22-2014, 09:30 PM
Capt, There are 11 pages about it here: http://hondaf6b.com/showthread.php?991-Madstad-for-F6B&highlight=madstad

Good reading.

Thanks and I see you are not a fan!! ha!

chipmaker
03-22-2014, 09:39 PM
Love mine, if you want near full protection, but look way over the windshield, Madstad is what you buy.

CaptRob
03-22-2014, 09:42 PM
Love mine, if you want near full protection, but look way over the windshield, Madstad is what you buy.

ordered the 11" last night I hope it is large enough

hiflyer
03-22-2014, 10:14 PM
ordered the 11" last night I hope it is large enough

I'm 5'11" and the 11" is perfect. I have the clear and the dark smoke, what did you go with? I prefer the looks of the clear because you can see the base plate which helps to keep the lines of the bike with the stock shield.

CaptRob
03-22-2014, 10:46 PM
I'm 5'11" and the 11" is perfect. I have the clear and the dark smoke, what did you go with? I prefer the looks of the clear because you can see the base plate which helps to keep the lines of the bike with the stock shield.

Dark smoke. I have 11" aftermarket now. still getting hit in the face.1837

1951vbs
03-23-2014, 10:37 AM
Thanks and I see you are not a fan!! ha!

I respect everyone's opinion and especially enjoy the detailed reviews Madstad users have posted. However the "functional beauty" is in the eyes of the beholder:shrug: Everyone has their preferred comfort level concerning wind management and I am in a very small minority that likes the stock height shield. With a full face helmet and ear bud headset it works great for me. Coming off a Victory Vision that has extremely good wind management, I was looking for a little more wind and had no false expectations about what the stock F6B would provide. That being said if I was to look for a screen that would offer better protection it would be a power Wind Bender. IMO the look flows better with the F6B and I have had such great results from the bikes I have owned with electrically adjustable screens because you can tailor the adjustment for different conditions. Enjoy the ride!'riding'

hiflyer
03-23-2014, 06:23 PM
Dark smoke. I have 11" aftermarket now. still getting hit in the face.4750

I'm referring to the Madstad. I have both the clear Madstad and dark smoke Madstad shields. Base plate is black. I had a shield like you have now, and I can tell you that the Madstad works much better. You'll see. As far as looks go, I like it. People used to tell me that my BMW GS looked like a Preying Mantis, those that didn't own one, however, it continues to be one of BMW's best selling bikes. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. I like the "technical" looks of the MS. I've had more comments on my "cool" shield than the bike itself.

hiflyer
03-23-2014, 06:37 PM
Dark smoke. I have 11" aftermarket now. still getting hit in the face.4750

Here's what I'm talking about.

CaptRob
03-23-2014, 07:37 PM
Here's what I'm talking about.

Oh I like that! I did not know you could combine dark and clear. On their web site I only saw 11", 13",15" in clear, light smoke, bronze and dark smoke! So, I just ordered 11" dark smoke. If there was an option for dark base and clear adjustable, I did not see it. I like yours a lot, but I also hope what they send me, I am happy with too!!

chipmaker
03-23-2014, 07:41 PM
The bases are all the same material, when u choose colors, its for the top shield. The clear shield definitely makes it look smaller. Here's a pic of my dirty dark shield. 4776

CaptRob
03-23-2014, 07:54 PM
The bases are all the same material, when u choose colors, its for the top shield.

I confuse easily!! lol I hope to like the dark smoke. If not maybe they will allow me to swap or I can have 2 for my personalities!!:icon_lol:

Bruce B
03-23-2014, 08:12 PM
I confuse easily!! lol I hope to like the dark smoke. If not maybe they will allow me to swap or I can have 2 for my personalities!!:icon_lol:

Clear, light, medium, or dark gray, they all look good. I first went with the light or medium (my memory sucks) but switched to the dark gray and like it the best. You can still see through it but that's almost irrelevant since you look over it anyway. I think you'll be happy with your choice.

CaptRob
03-23-2014, 08:22 PM
Clear, light, medium, or dark gray, they all look good. I first went with the light or medium (my memory sucks) but switched to the dark gray and like it the best. You can still see through it but that's almost irrelevant since you look over it anyway. I think you'll be happy with your choice.

Thanks I think I will like it too!!

Lucas
03-23-2014, 09:33 PM
Sir-
The Madstad windshield is an excellent product. They work well, they can be adjusted for your riding position and any future changes you might make, like a new seat.

Good choice!
Lucas in Phoenix, AZ

Tbone56
03-30-2014, 06:09 PM

I just got the extra dark grey (not listed as one of the colors for the F6b) but you can get it. I can see over the 11" shield for normal riding, but even at night looking down through the shield I can see the road clearly when necessary.