hill881
05-08-2013, 09:37 AM
Will a belly pan for a GL 1800 fit on F6B

MichaelG
05-08-2013, 10:00 AM
Yes...YES....and YES !!!!!!!!

Texas TC
05-08-2013, 02:53 PM
I received and installed my aluminum belly pan from Show Chrome today. Taking my time, it took 15 minutes. Good fit and it really disappears under the motorcycle. I just wanted the added protection for the engine and other components housed just above the frame. I also wanted the added benefit of streamlining the underside of the bike.

Right after I ordered mine, I saw they now have one in black. I probably would have ordered the black but feel the edges of the natural aluminum my be easier to keep clean.

This is just another example of a component that should come stock on all Gold Wing's.

MNF6B
05-08-2013, 06:39 PM
I am going to order the black belly pan from Texas Cycle Chrome. It is on back order but I can wait.

Dark Knight
05-08-2013, 09:55 PM
Installed my Belly pan and left some blood. Does it gap a little in the front corner? I got the vented one like on WingStuff.

Texas TC
05-08-2013, 10:34 PM
Installed my Belly pan and left some blood. Does it gap a little in the front corner? I got the vented one like on WingStuff.

Mine fit perfectly. However, I got the aluminum lightweight one without sharp edges. It has round vent holes on the side and in the front removable section. I read the info on the one you bought and it had disclaimers about sharp edges. I didn't want to deal with that although yours is made from heavier material. I thought for $45.00, I would give this one a try. If it is too lightweight, I will try one like you bought next time.

MichaelG
05-09-2013, 01:21 PM
Dark Knight...yes...you have installed it correctly. It does have that gap up front, in the corners.

pblair
05-10-2013, 04:35 PM
To anyone who knows.

What is the purpose of all the vents on the bottom of the belly pan like the one Wing Stuff sells? I think it looks great, but I serviced one the other day and some maybe half of the vents were crushed either partially or completely. I was unable to determine the cause. :confused:

edgeman55
05-11-2013, 09:28 AM
Looking to get one of these belly pans but wanted to know if it allows the bike to go up on a cycle lift without crushing the pan?For that matter is it all right for these F6B's to be lifted by a cycle jack like a J&M?

CarolinaRider
05-14-2013, 08:01 PM
Help guys.

I both the a belly pan from wingstuff. Its the stainless one with vents.

I see how it installs but when I remove the capped nuts on the bike and then go to slide the pan there is a molded bracket there that wont let me slide the pan high enough to fit the bolts through the holes on the pan. If you know what I am talking about please send closeup photos of your, maybe I can figure it out.

Texas TC
05-14-2013, 08:48 PM
Installing my aluminum belly pan from Wingstuff, I removed the left side two heatshield nuts, gently pulled the shield outward to the ends of the remaining studs, inserted the pan left side and then tightened the nuts back on the studs. Repeated this process on the right side. Maybe the stainless model is different but I would think installation would be the same. With both sides securred, I installed the front section covering the oil filter. I hope this helps.

KGREEN
05-14-2013, 08:53 PM
I bought a Tulsa belly pan from TexasCycleChrome. It definitly gave the bike that completed look. I like it.

pblair
05-14-2013, 09:19 PM
I am going to order the black belly pan from Texas Cycle Chrome. It is on back order but I can wait.

10 percent off everything this Saturday. Check with Erin. 713-983-8700

MNF6B
05-14-2013, 10:49 PM
10 percent off everything this Saturday. Check with Erin. 713-983-8700

My order was placed and shipped on Monday. If I new about the sale I would have waited. :icon_frown:

MNF6B
05-15-2013, 10:34 AM
My order was placed and shipped on Monday. If I new about the sale I would have waited. :icon_frown:

Talked to Erin at TCC and she will take care of me with a credit for this sale on my next order!

Thanks Texas Cycle Chrome!!:clap2:

CarolinaRider
05-15-2013, 02:20 PM
Thanks Tex.

I will give that a try. I was just scared to pull to hard on anything and break something.

I love this forum. It helps a newbie like me try things I wouldnt normally try and just find someone to pay to do it.

contek
05-15-2013, 05:39 PM
Help guys.

I both the a belly pan from wingstuff. Its the stainless one with vents.

I see how it installs but when I remove the capped nuts on the bike and then go to slide the pan there is a molded bracket there that wont let me slide the pan high enough to fit the bolts through the holes on the pan. If you know what I am talking about please send closeup photos of your, maybe I can figure it out.

Just put mine on. The bracket is part of the cowl and the pan slides behind it. Sounds like you didn't pull the cowling out far enough. Need to give it a decent tug.

pblair
05-15-2013, 06:09 PM
Talked to Erin at TCC and she will take care of me with a credit for this sale on my next order!

Thanks Texas Cycle Chrome!!:clap2:

She is awesome. Did you get on the email list?

F6BEE
05-15-2013, 09:21 PM
I got the black one from Showchrome/Big Bike Parts, on Monday Looks great and went on easily!

MNF6B
05-15-2013, 11:12 PM
She is awesome. Did you get on the email list?

I think that I am on the list. Several parts yet to order.

F6B-RICH
06-11-2013, 12:24 PM
Just did the black belly pan on my F6B and was very easy to install and looks good. Does anyone out there remember seeing on the left side of the
belly pan how it is right against/touching one of the exhaust pipes coming down from one of the cylinders. I do not think its a problem but wanted to
know if anyone else noticed or that there cover did not touch the exhaust pipe.