PDA

View Full Version : Todays ride ........... excitment / add your own story

ED209
03-22-2014, 04:19 PM
My 16 year old daughter says, "Im bored lets go ride" . Yehaa lets go :039: bye bye

Hit a couple stores getting some things we both wanted :shock: $$$ eewwww . When in the parking lot of a Harbor Freight store a few were gathered around the F6B going .notworthy. One man and his wife [looked very successful $ ] says "what is that, his pretty wife points at the emblem and says its a Honda" ! Walking toward them I said its actually a Goldwing, the guys jaw hit the deck :shock: , I says yes its Hondas new and improved suburban type Wing "coffee" . This fellow told me how many times he crossed country on Wings and he really loves this new Wing F6B. :icon_cool: I think he wanted mine, he said "how much"? :catfight: I said get your own theyre right around 20k . :nono: Took me 40 years of dreaming of the perfect bike to finally get this machine, now it was finally made just for me.

Well, he sat on it, his wife sat on it, they said where is the Honda shop my friend :clap2: , we are headed there. I says congrats brother .notworthy. ride safe. Then another mature lady, maybe 65 years oldish walks up and says "oh the new F6B NICE and I have the exact same color. :biggthumpup: Those people all start talking about how the bike is really nice without the trunk and extras and looks sleek. The elder lady says AND I just ordered the brand new Valkyrie too for my husband. Ordered it in red/black. I says, dang do you need a new boyfriend :crackup: . Then we all talked another 20 minutes about the new Valk. My daughter takes her helmet back off and makes a wimper, so all the people says, "let the man go on his way" :icon_biggrin: . These people were the nicest most pleasant people I have met biking. :biggthumpup:

So on to the turtles. With the weather warming up I have crossed and rescued two turtles in two days. Yesterday it was Yellow Eared pond turtle, the most perfect one I ever seen, flawless beautiful turtle. I took her home and put her in my Koi pond to hang out. She was gone today :039: probably off to the creek nearby. Then today on the way home we cross this Soft Shell Monster turtle just sitting in the middle of the road sunning [country roads backwoods]. I told my daughter to snap a pic. Its so fun just cruising back roads on this bike, so quiet so maneuverable and so powerful when needed. :041:

Elin in So. Cal.
03-22-2014, 04:32 PM
... he sat on it, his wife sat on it, they said where is the Honda shop my friend

I sure hope Honda has a LOT of deliveries to Florida. Looks like there will be a bunch of new owners out that-a-way!

We are our own best representatives....

bobbyf6b
03-22-2014, 04:37 PM
"Im bored lets go ride", said my now 18 year old daughter, never. :icon_frown:

I'm jealous man, that's awesome! :biggthumpup:

bobbyf6b
03-22-2014, 04:50 PM
I'm out riding today with a few friends. Hanging out at the American Legion in Fountain Hills at a car/bike show. Probably take the long way home. Alone. Oh well, I'm riding. :icon_cool:

choptop
03-22-2014, 04:54 PM
I can't wait, I can't wait, I can't wait,...

Steve 0080
03-22-2014, 05:49 PM
You need to check on your commission check !!!!

CarolinaRider
03-22-2014, 06:15 PM
about 200 miles today from Waxhaw NC out to Uwharrie if anyone knows the area outside of Charlotte.

Stopped at Buddys Point- hole in the wall bar just inside Rowan County

Great day to ride in NC

FlaMike
03-22-2014, 06:58 PM
Only about 150 today, no place special. Shoot, I didn't even burn a tank of gas but it's was all good. :041:

ED209
03-22-2014, 08:16 PM
I can't wait, I can't wait, I can't wait,...

Im sorry man :crackup:

Dirtstiff's F6B
03-22-2014, 08:24 PM
We got a couple hundred miles in today, not including the Ferry ride.. 61 degrees, finally warming up a bit.

choptop
03-22-2014, 08:31 PM
Im sorry man :crackup:

Ya, I can see that.:icon_wink:

CaptRob
03-22-2014, 08:53 PM
:biker:I also had to venture out alone today. Temps hit 80 at one point today. I did bring the new 6 by my buddy's place at let him take it for a spin. I fully expected him to run down to the Honda dealer as well but he just said that he can't bring himself to trade his old HD RK and spend the dough. He was trying to find something wrong with the 6 but, all he came up with was " the pipes are too quiet to be safe!" to which I replied " I have pipes on order" Maybe he is getting OLD MAN's DISEASE as he wouldn't get his bike out and ride , he wanted to watch golf and nap in the chair!! He sure missed a pretty riding day! I feel like anything (legal) that puts a smile on my face and gives me enjoyment is worth a little money. You only live once and can't take it with you!! That's how I talked myself into it!

I opted for a full face SHOEI when I took delivery of my new F6 it was cold and I figured it is now fashionable to ride safe. No self-respecting Harley rider would wear a full face helmet. I am not so sure now, IT WAS HOT TODAY!!!! and it's not even Summer yet!;sunny; I might have to go back to ½ lid. I did have a very nice ride though, too short!
I didn't have time for the North Ga Mountains, that is my usual weekend destination 1.5 hrs from the house. Suches area. It is really great riding. So, I just rode around town.

Also, after my ride, in the car I saw a Black F6B with a vented clear wind screen at a gas station in Peachtree City about 3 miles from my house. I don't think this guy is on the forum. I didn't have time to run him down. I do hope he is local and I can run into him sometime. This is the first 6 I have seen on the road.:icon_biggrin: