PDA

View Full Version : So if you had $1000 in Honda bucks to spend, what are the essential add-ons?

Dave Ritsema
03-22-2014, 10:52 PM
Just looking for some ideas from those in the know.....

Scotrod
03-22-2014, 11:02 PM
Uh,,, shoot,,, Can you buy apparel? Helmets?

Stuff for the bike? Uh,,, Nothing I have came from Honda except our covers,,, Eh, probably wouldn't buy 'em again, so,,, :shrug:

Yeahoo Whoyah
03-22-2014, 11:13 PM
Honda Tall Windshield. It's the best.

Dave Ritsema
03-22-2014, 11:26 PM
I can order about anything from any manufacturer....wondered if there were some "must have" items. I plan on getting an Ultimate seat in a seperate transaction. I had Ultimates on both of my Valkyrie's and their comfort is second to none...

projectapollo
03-22-2014, 11:54 PM
ABS brakes. They are described in the owners manual! Make them available in the US.

motozeke
03-23-2014, 12:06 AM
If it's free money: Centerstand, heated grips, fog lights, maybe the tall windscreen... thing is most of those you can find better and cheaper from other manufacturers. But if they're giving that to you as a sales incentive then why not make the best of it.

bobbyf6b
03-23-2014, 01:18 AM
Taller windshield, belly pan, tail rack, cup holder, charging port for left glove box, grip covers, handlebar risers, driving lights, and a spare key for the bags. That's about all I have done that I think is essential.

Edit: Oops. Haven't done the driving lights yet.

F6B-RICH
03-23-2014, 06:58 AM
Better seat I got a Corbin.Forward foot pegs to stretch your legs I got Rivco Aero pegs.More adjustable windshield I got a electric Windbender.That would be the must haves.I did other mods like HID headlights,SuperBrace,K&N air filter and a bunch of light mods but the seat,pegs and windshield would be were I would spend the $1000 .batman-smilie.

RickW
03-23-2014, 08:20 AM
Just looking for some ideas from those in the know.....

Dave,
Haven't seen you in a while. Have you still been going to the Valkyrie events?
Did you sell your Valk or are you going to keep it?
Look forward to seeing you again maybe at one of the F6B events. I purchased an F6B a while ago, but it was taken apart at the dealer and re-painted. Now all of the parts are in WV at MountainMan's for Air Brushing and Graphics.

When you figure out what you want give Teresa a call.
Rick

Scotrod
03-23-2014, 10:23 AM
Maybe a Windshield. Maybe Honda LED 'fog' lights (Only if you REALLY want the Honda lights and then only because you can't really get 'em that much cheaper elsewhere.)

Tough part is 1000 'Honda bucks' spent at Honda on aftermarket stuff = $500 or less spent anywhere else,,

Example: Centerstand at OEM prices is just under 300 + installation while a new take-off on ebay is around 100 and an easy install at home.

If you have to spend $$ at Honda, you'll get slightly more 'bang for the buck' on a nice helmet, etc vs paying OEM/aftermarket part prices,,, plus OEM labor prices,,, :icon_frown:

opas ride
03-23-2014, 10:53 AM
Does this cover aftermarket pipes?..There are some nice ones available if your interested..A better windshield is a must for most...Maybe a nice new helmet, or jacket...If the bike is a deluxe you are pretty well covered with the stock Honda stuff...Saddlebag liner are available and some chrome goodies, Kury grips, kickstand, etc....Nice to hear from you again.....

1951vbs
03-23-2014, 11:18 AM
Most likely you have to buy "Honda" brand parts and accessories which points to one of Honda's short comings; very limited selection. Tall windshield, center stand, luggage rack, heated grips, fog lights and passenger backrest are about all I can think of that they offer. Most of those items are also available (and better/cheaper) in the aftermarket. Honda offers no highway pegs, belly pans, cup holders or seats, and I don't know if they even have helmets and jackets that are branded Honda (my dealer doesn't but some might). The Honda and Goldwing apparel I have seen is actually private labeled by aftermarket distributors.

I would use some of it to buy several oil changes worth of oil and filters.

Dave Ritsema
03-23-2014, 11:21 AM
Dave,
Haven't seen you in a while. Have you still been going to the Valkyrie events?
Did you sell your Valk or are you going to keep it?
Look forward to seeing you again maybe at one of the F6B events. I purchased an F6B a while ago, but it was taken apart at the dealer and re-painted. Now all of the parts are in WV at MountainMan's for Air Brushing and Graphics.

When you figure out what you want give Teresa a call.
Rick

Good to hear from you and thanks for replying to the post. Yes, Have still been attending VRCC events and this will be the 12th year I have owned the Interstate. It has been a wonderful ride and I have made lifelong friends because of it. I guess I just wanted a change, and fuel injection, self cancelling turn signals and something a little lighter handling. I just could not get interested in the new Wings, the Valkyrie has so much soul and attitude and the Wings just seemed so vanilla and boring. I know they are fine machines but I wanted something a little more edgy and more attitude and I think the F6B will fit the bill nicely. My Interstate was dripping with chrome and I am over it. No chrome, black everything is going to be this theme. My dealer gave me an astounding deal with my Valkyrie on trade and I just couldn't pass it up. And yes, I will be contacting Theresea soon about some black parts and some additional lighting. Thanks again for saying Hi. :039:

Dave Ritsema
03-23-2014, 11:25 AM
Does this cover aftermarket pipes?..There are some nice ones available if your interested..A better windshield is a must for most...Maybe a nice new helmet, or jacket...If the bike is a deluxe you are pretty well covered with the stock Honda stuff...Saddlebag liner are available and some chrome goodies, Kury grips, kickstand, etc....Nice to hear from you again.....

Good to hear from you too! Feel like I am walking into a strange room and seeing some old friends. :icon_biggrin:
Thanks for the suggestions and I can see some kind of custom pipes in my future. My Valkyrie had the Viking's and man I loved that sound! I am a little concerned about losing the tour box but I think I am going to install the factory luggage rack so I can put some kind of soft luggage on it for the two or three times a season I need some more room for my wifes stuff.

Dave Ritsema
03-23-2014, 11:27 AM
Thanks again for all the great suggestions!

Retired Army
03-23-2014, 12:43 PM
I would put the money toward all yellow Tupperware they came out with in 2014. I am of the opinion that yellow is more conspicuous than red.

Dave Ritsema
03-23-2014, 12:45 PM
I would put the money toward all yellow Tupperware they came out with in 2014. I am of the opinion that yellow is more conspicuous than red.

23 year fire department veteran here. If it was gonna be anything but black it would have been red, LOL

RickW
03-23-2014, 01:27 PM
Good to hear from you and thanks for replying to the post. Yes, Have still been attending VRCC events and this will be the 12th year I have owned the Interstate. It has been a wonderful ride and I have made lifelong friends because of it. I guess I just wanted a change, and fuel injection, self cancelling turn signals and something a little lighter handling. I just could not get interested in the new Wings, the Valkyrie has so much soul and attitude and the Wings just seemed so vanilla and boring. I know they are fine machines but I wanted something a little more edgy and more attitude and I think the F6B will fit the bill nicely. My Interstate was dripping with chrome and I am over it. No chrome, black everything is going to be this theme. My dealer gave me an astounding deal with my Valkyrie on trade and I just couldn't pass it up. And yes, I will be contacting Teresa soon about some black parts and some additional lighting. Thanks again for saying Hi. :039:

I can't part with our Valkyrie. Our youngest son and his wife are going to keep it for a couple of years. Use it for when they want to ride double. We will figure out what to do with it when they don't need it anymore and can afford something else.
Just like you have made so many good friends over all these years with the Valkyrie. Still riding with a lot of them up here.
You may want some of the Smoke Chrome on the new one. I can't imagine you can go cold turkey on chrome.

HHB
09-26-2014, 05:55 PM
Honda had a promo going when I bought my F6B and here's what I got. I went a little over budget, but just couldn't narrow down my choices. I got heated grips, fog lights, the tall windscreen, the helmet headset, and a bike cover. I just bought the bike a few days ago and put the tall windscreen on it yesterday. I haven't ridden it yet with the new windscreen and I'm really hoping it makes a difference. Also, I got a like-new used centerstand off Ebay for a song and plan on installing it real soon. -- HHB

neurion
09-26-2014, 08:00 PM

XKnight
09-26-2014, 08:52 PM
Honda had a promo going when I bought my F6B and here's what I got. I went a little over budget, but just couldn't narrow down my choices. I got heated grips, fog lights, the tall windscreen, the helmet headset, and a bike cover. I just bought the bike a few days ago and put the tall windscreen on it yesterday. I haven't ridden it yet with the new windscreen and I'm really hoping it makes a difference. Also, I got a like-new used centerstand off Ebay for a song and plan on installing it real soon. -- HHB

Congrats on the new F6B. The tall Honda windscreen will make a huge difference over the shorty stock shield. Enjoy!

Spanky
09-27-2014, 06:58 AM
I did not have the option when I bought my bike, but my wife bought last month. We purchased 4 saddlebag liner bags, 4 saddlebag lid bags, foglights, cubby plug and rack mounting kit. Plans include areo pegs, aftermarket grips and centerstand, but those are better. And cheaper elsewhere.

DMAGOLDRDR
09-27-2014, 08:59 AM
The $1000. is for Genuine HONDA accy BUT !!!! does NOT include Labor unless you work that out during the price negotiations, or just install them yourself, because the $1000 comes from Honda and not the dealer.
I bought a Standard model so I went for the passenger backrest and luggage rack, tall windshield and center stand.

I did pull the Tall Windshield off and install a Madstad.

Injun Joe
09-27-2014, 10:34 AM
The $1000. is for Genuine HONDA accy BUT !!!! does NOT include Labor unless you work that out during the price negotiations, or just install them yourself, because the $1000 comes from Honda and not the dealer.
I bought a Standard model so I went for the passenger backrest and luggage rack, tall windshield and center stand.

I did pull the Tall Windshield off and install a Madstad.

I think it just depends how the deal is negotiated. Just make sure you and your dealer are on the same page. It's true the "official" deal is $1,000 of genuine Honda parts uninstalled. But my dealer agreed to install and even let me choose Rivco Aeros as part of my package. Then, he "threw in" a center stand he'd taken off a full wing that had been converted to a trike. Basically, it's all just wheeling and dealing. Makes your head spin sometimes.

fxdl2051
09-27-2014, 03:18 PM
Getting a '13 might be a way to negotiate free labor with the goodies or maybe a '14 when it's snowing in January. My dealer wanted to beat the competiton so he did that and gave me the extended warranty at cost. No argument there.