PDA

View Full Version : Honda Tall Windscreen Opinions, Height?

projectapollo
03-23-2014, 02:33 PM
I have the 11" baggershield on my 6 deluxe -- came like this from original owner. I think I prefer something clear, maybe taller and was looking at a taller 19" baggershield but also the OEM Honda Tall Windscreen, part 08R70-MJG-670.

Anyone know how tall the Honda OEM tall screen is? I can't seem to locate this info. Anyone have one installed? Compare to the 19" baggershield? I found the Honda OEM on-line for like $165 shipped. Seems pretty good to me.

opas ride
03-23-2014, 04:03 PM
Don't know for sure about the Honda shield, but you can extend the Baggershield to a 20" height by installing it with the bolt slots pulled all the way up...I had mine installed by dealer and it measures about 20 and 1/2 inches from the fairing rubber to the top of shield...It works great for me....

Tbone56
03-23-2014, 04:17 PM
I have the 11" baggershield on my 6 deluxe -- came like this from original owner. I think I prefer something clear, maybe taller and was looking at a taller 19" baggershield but also the OEM Honda Tall Windscreen, part 08R70-MJG-670.

Anyone know how tall the Honda OEM tall screen is? I can't seem to locate this info. Anyone have one installed? Compare to the 19" baggershield? I found the Honda OEM on-line for like $165 shipped. Seems pretty good to me.

16 3/4"
[QUOTE=Texas TC;400]I am 6', long torso. The OEM Honda tall windshield works great for me. I look over the top and can hear the radio well and wear a baseball cap with the bill to the front riding at 80 mph. The windshield measures 16 3/4" from base to top. I like the vent option. It stays open all summer and most of the spring in Texas.

It definitely is not the coolest option available but it is very functional.

Steve 0080
03-24-2014, 11:52 PM
I have the Honda Line Tall shield and it is 16 3/4 inch about the rubber in the front…only way to go is with a vent !!!!

dickiedeals
03-25-2014, 08:20 AM
I have the Honda Line Tall shield and it is 16 3/4 inch about the rubber in the front…only way to go is with a vent !!!!

I have this one as well but I find its not wide enough and gives my shoulders quite a bit of buffeting. I'm Currently running the Klock Werks Dark Smoke. Love the looks of it on the bike but the jury is still out on weather it provides enough protection. I found the bagger Shield to short with the top portion down and too tall with it up. Also not wide enough. Someone needs to make a windshield 16"s tall and wide enough to reach the mirrors. They would definitely sell one to me. I'd be able to look over the top of it and not have the shoulder buffeting. If you look at the stock 2011 Road Glide Ultra windshield itS perfect. Someone needS to make one similar for the F6B...Just my opinion and you know what they say about opinions!......Sorry I didn't mean to hijack your thread the answer is 16 3/4 inches.................Dickie