PDA

View Full Version : Heated grips

royr
03-24-2014, 03:33 PM
How many heat settings does the deluxe heated grips have. I thought there was only three and off. I read a review the other day and they said the grips had 5 settings.

Hornblower
03-24-2014, 04:03 PM
How many heat settings does the deluxe heated grips have. I thought there was only three and off. I read a review the other day and they said the grips had 5 settings.

It may not be obvious, since there are only 3 led's, but if you look more closely you should notice that the led's also reduce to half-brightness too. So, here are the 5 levels:

All 3 led's full-bright
Top led half-bright and other 2 full-bright
Top led off and lower 2 full-bright
Middle led half-bright and bottom led full-bright
Only bottom led full-bright

royr
03-24-2014, 04:15 PM
Thanks, I thought that maybe the case.

Larry Werner
03-24-2014, 08:53 PM
It may not be obvious, since there are only 3 led's, but if you look more closely you should notice that the led's also reduce to half-brightness too. So, here are the 5 levels:

All 3 led's full-bright

do they get very hot I'm use to. My snowmobile. The bike high is not very hot

Steve 0080
03-25-2014, 12:10 AM
This is the first bike I have ever had with heated grips…on high I can not keep my tender little hands on the grips…some may differ…..Calvin comes to mind...

dickiedeals
03-25-2014, 07:35 AM

All 3 led's full-bright

This is a real sucky system for us guys who's eyes will not focus up close on bright objects. In fact my best focus blurs all of them together. I never know where I'm at with temp till my fingers are on fire or freezing. Just keep pushing the button till my fingers are not cold or hot. Thanks for explaining this for me (US) Horn Blower. Enjoyed seeing you in Fl. Looking forward to Franklin NC.

projectapollo
03-25-2014, 08:17 AM
This is a real sucky system for us guys who's eyes will not focus up close on bright objects. In fact my best focus blurs all of them together. I never know where I'm at with temp till my fingers are on fire or freezing. Just keep pushing the button till my fingers are not cold or hot. Thanks for explaining this for me (US) Horn Blower. Enjoyed seeing you in Fl. Looking forward to Franklin NC.

You may need bifocals. ?

dickiedeals
03-25-2014, 08:31 AM
You may need bifocals. ?

Tried ,can't ride with bifocals. Makes me dizzy. I fall going down steps with bifocals. Gave'm up.....:yikes:..........Dickie

kjelders
03-25-2014, 09:08 AM
Tried ,can't ride with bifocals. Makes me dizzy. I fall going down steps with bifocals. Gave'm up.....:yikes:..........Dickie

And you are a road captain for your local club? :icon_mrgreen:

Dmoon64
03-25-2014, 12:14 PM
Ive had better heated hand grips. On high the throttle side is much warmer than the clutch side, or vice versa. I really need a ride!!

Plus the stock positioning of the heated grip switch is not the best. You have to take your throttle hand off the throttle to make a change. A thumb dial on the handlebar or something nearer the clutch side would have made more sense.

royr
03-25-2014, 12:27 PM
Plus the stock positioning of the heated grip switch is not the best. You have to take your throttle hand off the throttle to make a change. A thumb dial on the handlebar or something nearer the clutch side would have made more sense.
Good point, thanks for the post. I am in the process of buying a F6, this type of info is useful. You usually do not find this things out until you own one.

motozeke
03-25-2014, 12:54 PM
Ive had better heated hand grips. On high the throttle side is much warmer than the clutch side, or vice versa. I really need a ride!!

Agreed, I don't know why they wouldn't have used the dial like on the standard Wing. I don't like soft switches.

royr
03-25-2014, 02:35 PM
I just went to the dealer and sat on one. It is not too bad of a reach to use your left hand.

Dmoon64
03-25-2014, 04:05 PM
That's what I thought. With gear on and a full face helmet riding along on the highway or back road that reach is a reach. It annoys me because the heated grips I added to the DL650 had a simple dial I could hit with my left thumb. There could be a much better position for the button.

Steve 0080
03-25-2014, 11:44 PM
When my hands are cold…I would do a back fit to turn on the heat…….sure better than NO heat!!!!!

CaptRob
03-26-2014, 09:31 PM
apply the go cruise or whatever that throttle lock is called and push the button I think it is super easy to use!:icon_lol:

Dfinkelsteinmd
04-09-2014, 02:08 AM

All 3 led's full-bright

My Deluxe has never needed the grips turned on but the indicator light blinks when the key is in the ignition. Anyone know if this is normal and if so what it means? Thanks.

98valk
04-09-2014, 11:28 AM
It is letting you know that the battery voltage is "too low" and will not let you turn on the heated grips yet. After the bike runs for a minute, the blinking should stop and you can turn on the grips.