PDA

View Full Version : 6,489 Odo since 12-2, Rode the Snake.

Elin in So. Cal.
03-24-2014, 06:13 PM
Fabulous ride yesterday to the Rock Store and the "Snake" here in So.Cal. Google that road (also Mulholland Drive) for the route. Great day, great twisties and lunch at the Store. The F6B caught quite a few eyeballs and wander-overs. :yes:

Hope the weather warms up enough for youse guys on the wet/snow/cold end to get those tires out on the asphalt. Today it is 65 and cooled down a bit from yesterday. Just a leather jacket.

bobbyf6b
03-24-2014, 06:24 PM
Mulholland looks fun but I've seen a lot of crash videos from up there.

hiflyer
03-24-2014, 06:44 PM
Mulholland looks fun but I've seen a lot of crash videos from up there.

Yep, the photogs camp out where the frequent crashes happen to get the best (or worst for the riders)pics. Only been there once and saw several of them.

hiflyer
03-24-2014, 06:51 PM
[QUOTE=Elin in So. Cal. lunch at the Store. The F6B caught quite a few eyeballs and wander-overs. [/QUOTE]

Elin, I have spent little time in CA, but I notice in your attached pic, that there are several types of bikes represented. Do you find CA to be a diverse group of riders? Here in Oklahoma and in Texas, most rider "go to places" are mostly represented by HD.

coffee_weasle
03-24-2014, 07:14 PM
Latigo Canyon Road looks interesting

ED209
03-24-2014, 07:34 PM
Elin, can/could you post a close pic of the "alien face" in your fairing ? :icon_cool: :yes:

1951vbs
03-24-2014, 09:42 PM
Elin, can/could you post a close pic of the "alien face" in your fairing ? :icon_cool: :yes:

She may have some more but here is one she posted when she finished painting: http://hondaf6b.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=4159&d=1393109256

ED209
03-25-2014, 10:06 AM
Thanks, now it looks like a horse from up close, how cool to be artistic and pull out a face on the fairing.

I seen the eyes when I bought the bike, but couldn't quite figure out the shadowing effects. Now I got it. .notworthy.

Elin in So. Cal.
03-26-2014, 01:22 AM
... Do you find CA to be a diverse group of riders?...

Hi, Hiflyer. Yeah, every bike out there is found on Calfornia roads. From big Harleys, BMWs, and scooters, and every make and model of sport bike. Those folks ride hard and try to race--thus the crashes because the asphalt just isn't as pristine as a race track, but they think they can corner like that, knees dragging. I only saw one spin out right near the Rock Store. No one hurt, just some leather bang up.

Folks who ride similar bikes tend to ride in friendly groups. While enjoying the view from a pull-out at the top of a ridge, no less than 60 sport bikes pulled up to the stop sign and snaked on around and down the other road--obviously a club of some kind.

I prefer to ride with up to six riders. After that it's a Charley Foxtrot of who is doing what where, and I don't enjoy having to watch out for everyone else as well as myself. Less fun, more stressful. But this time of year, the roads are relatively uncrowded, unlike the summer near the coast.

Thanks for asking... it is always interesting to pull into a lot and see the variety.

ED209
03-26-2014, 07:05 AM
Thats the best point yet I have heard about racing on Americas roads. They are not designed like race tracks, they have a speed limit according to the conditions and roads abilities.

Theres a time and place for unauthorized racing. Unfortunately most riders or car drivers don't realize it. I think florida now outnumbers California with motorcycles and it shows daily in the news. We loose riders every day just within one newspapers jurisdiction.

I have one or two corners that I like to play, but I know them well and they are always empty. We all goose it now and then. :icon_mrgreen::shhh: