PDA

View Full Version : Need Opinions

grendl
03-24-2014, 06:18 PM
Hey ,
I just won an auction on EBAY for my dream bike a slightly used F6B ! Paid the deposit immediately on Pay pal. It sent a message back that the private seller was validated .The thing is the bike is in Virginia. The seller has a long excellent history and I have no valid reason to doubt this is real.
I'm in Colorado.
I was ecstatic that I won the auction and now comes the time to send a large amount of cash out to Virginia and wait for it to ship(which I am arranging)
..and now the question - anyone ever done a deal this big on EBAY? Am I just being paranoid about this ? I am asking opinions, I want this bike,but,but.......
I thought to go get it,but riding even a Wing 1700+ miles in 30-40 degrees is not sane....(course sanity can be over rated :-) )

I'm probably going to go for it but just asking........

Elin in So. Cal.
03-24-2014, 06:32 PM
Hey ,

I was ecstatic that I won the auction and now comes the time to send a large amount of cash out to Virginia.

If it were me doing this deal, I would put the money (balance) in escrow for the seller. Like a land deal. Then you can have it released when you take delivery of the bike.

I would not send money out into the ether without a middle-person (bank, escrow office, etc.) when that much is at stake and you are not geographically close.

Just me, or does anyone else feel that way?

P.S. CONGRATULATIONS for getting the most wondrous bike ever. Red or black or...?

CaptRob
03-24-2014, 06:43 PM
If your new bike was in Ga. I would go check it out for you!!! You could ship for around $500 just guessing. I wonder if there is a local dealer that would help?…
In any event… Good luck! awesome moscheen!!!;roughrider;;roughrider;

ReserveBum
03-24-2014, 07:04 PM
work out deal w/seller. Send some small percentage $ now and arrange a fly n drive for next month when weather will be better. Pay remaining amount and have the ride of a lifetime. Just my opinion....

projectapollo
03-24-2014, 07:08 PM
I thought ebay sponsored an escrow service for distant purchases. Search their how-tos. I bet they have guidance.

Phantom
03-24-2014, 07:42 PM
Make arrangement with seller ....

Send him $5000 as a security deposit, have a certified bank check from a LARGE bank (Bank of America, Wells Fargo) made with the balance. Overnight the check to the transport company and have the truck driver hand deliver it on the day of pick-up. Truck driver waits 1 hour while seller goes to the large Bank and Cashes it or deposits the check. Have seller return within a hour and give the keys and bike to truck driver. All is good

I've done this multiple times when dealing with International buyers. Never had an issue :icon_cool::yes:

GONRDN
03-24-2014, 08:22 PM
I'd never buy a bike like that, but good luck! You'll love the bike for sure. Just being honest.

Tbone56
03-24-2014, 08:35 PM
Ebay has a Vehicle Protection Plan which provides reimbursement up to $50,000 if you complete the transaction but don't receive the vehicle. Not sure how long it takes to get your money back, or how much of a hassle it is to go through the process. Look up vehicle protection plan on Ebay's website. I have sold a couple of motorcycles where they buyer paid me by wire, but I have always paid in cash and picked the bike up in person when buying.

unsub
03-24-2014, 08:45 PM
Am I the only insane one [apart from the op..hahaha]? Ride it back!:icon_biggrin: If it's a de-luxe then you will have heated grips at least.:icon_biggrin:

1951vbs
03-24-2014, 09:11 PM
I concur with Phantom. I have bought/sold several big dollar bikes on ebay and have friends that do the same. Never had a problem.

That being said if I had a few of days off I would fly and ride it back. You can hook up heated gear in less than 15 min! Bring a full face helmet. I would watch the weather but most of the time you could be in 50-60 degree temps during the day.

F6B-RICH
03-24-2014, 11:15 PM
:congrats: I am pretty sure the bike you won was the one I had in my E-bay watch list.Black with no reserve good deal :yes:you got. I sold lots of motorcycles and cars on E-bay but they lived more local so the money was exchanged in person.I think you have 7 days before the seller must have the full amount .batman-smilie.

BuzzzPhotos
03-24-2014, 11:30 PM
What city in Virginia?

Steve 0080
03-25-2014, 12:05 AM
I also have done several BIG$$$$ deals on Ebay…never an issue!

Have the guy send you a bill of sale…

A copy of the title…….

Wire the money to an account thru YOUR bank to his……

Should be no issues!

98valk
03-25-2014, 12:17 PM
Does not look like it has heated grips. Still a great deal! You got a lot of extras with it.

If you ride it back, get a real tall windshield for the ride.

With Baker hand wings and a wide windshield, I barely have any air hitting my hands.

I recently tried riding around in the 50's without gloves and was fine (heated grips, though). Anyway, the wings will help.

Dmoon64
03-25-2014, 12:48 PM
Fly and Ride. I'll let you stay with me in Iowa. I'm about half way between Colorado and Virginia. :icon_lol:

grendl
03-25-2014, 06:56 PM
WOW ! Thanx for all the tips . Good suggestions all. Memory test of the questions.
The Bike is in Virginia Beach Virginia,
It is probably the same bike,yes it is black,lots of extras - I kept looking at the pics to see if it had a center stand, but it does show rider and passenger backrest,forward foot pegs. The grips don't look stock either .
Fly and ride was an idea I had as I have folks in Memphis and St.Louis but snow would put a dead stop to the trip and the national weather was ambiguous on that.
I checked the seller on E-Bay,long time member, not his first sale of bikes and some of them were Harleys with the same type of pricing.
I have created every scenario in my head on how that can be faked, but I think it's real.
Ebay does offer 50000k assurance as ;long as you complete the deal through them, but even a call to their support wasn't definite on what that means or what the process is,. Off shore support and she really didn't know,just read the web page to me - D'uh. I did use paypal for the deposit and it came back with seller verified...
Soooo...Thanks for your time boyz, I'll keep you posted. When it gets here you will definitely know,probably hear me screaming.
Meanwhile,I'll keep on the forum and waiting to actually join you with this wonderful machine !!

grendl
04-22-2014, 07:52 PM
Remember being a kid around Christmas ? You were pretty sure you were going to get the toy you wanted but still had to wait a few days/ Well Ladies and gentlemen, thats how I feel today. My Black Honda F6B was picked up and is on it's way to Colorado !!!
All the worry I went through doing a deal like that was for naught. The seller was straight up on the deal - when the bike gets here I will give him the highest rating on Ebay.
Now getting it shipped was a completely different story,but I finally found a shipper that was good to their word and MY BIKE IS ON IT'S WAY !!
I asked for your opinions and you responded and again my thanx for your honest opinions.
Oh I was about to do a fly and ride last week - it ice / snowed in Colorado and I would have been stuck but all's well.
Now I wait until Monday or Tuesday for it to be finally home......If you hear loud insane screaming and yelling from Colorado, dont worry,it will be me. 7 days.......
Almost time for a ride.........
( I don't know if it's legal to give a recommendation on the shipper I am using so I wont until I
1.get the bike
2. hear from a moderator. Don't want to get thrown off this forum before I can officially join :icon_lol: )

Big Jay
04-22-2014, 09:13 PM
congrats on your purchase and welcome to the forum , and of course we want pics when you can. :popcorn:

fl1madmax
04-23-2014, 10:10 PM
Hey ,
I just won an auction on EBAY for my dream bike a slightly used F6B ! Paid the deposit immediately on Pay pal. It sent a message back that the private seller was validated .The thing is the bike is in Virginia. The seller has a long excellent history and I have no valid reason to doubt this is real.
I'm in Colorado.
I was ecstatic that I won the auction and now comes the time to send a large amount of cash out to Virginia and wait for it to ship(which I am arranging)
..and now the question - anyone ever done a deal this big on EBAY? Am I just being paranoid about this ? I am asking opinions, I want this bike,but,but.......
I thought to go get it,but riding even a Wing 1700+ miles in 30-40 degrees is not sane....(course sanity can be over rated :-) )

I'm probably going to go for it but just asking........

Have him Take it to a Local Honda dealer and have them SHIP IT........ that way it will be in the hands of Honda dealer before you pay !

Scotrod
04-23-2014, 10:33 PM
:icon_biggrin:

Grendl,

Good to hear its on its way!!! :yes: :yes: :yes:

I'm not a Mod, but telling us about pleasant transactions - good service - a product you tried and liked/didn't like is generally both well received and appreciated. :yes: (This is typically what 99.9% of us do,,,)

On the other hand, if you receive merchandise/services in exchange for posting a good review/promoting products/manufacturers/Vendors, that's a whole different story. :nono:

IMHO, there's nothing difficult or 'unusual' involved with being a member here. :shrug:

Best thing to do if you have any questions about anything is to PM Phantom or Steve 0080. They'll be more than happy to help ya!

Welcome to the fold! :yes:

Steve 0080
04-23-2014, 11:04 PM
YOU WILL BE AMAZED !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

grendl
04-28-2014, 06:11 PM
IT'S HERE !!! Ladies and Gentlemen, I am happy to let you know my Honda Gold Wing F6B (in Black) is in my garage - delivered today ! So far I've discovered it has added length on the pipes, which makes it sound a little deeper and throatier, different grips than stock and the seat has backrest for both pilot and passenger. Not sure I personally prefer the backrests but I'll put a few miles on it before I change seats. I really like the looks of the Mustang seat on this bike. It also has very nice highway pegs on it. So far those are my discoveries. I have to pay the great state of Colorado taxes to register it before I can legally ride but uh well I can hear the conversation now" But Officer,it's a new bike I couldn't resist a little jaunt around the corner just to check it out" And it's cold right now,but I have gear...
Aw hell, soon as rush hour is over,I'm going for a ride !
Just from pulling it up the driveway, if it wasn't obvious before, this is NOT my CBR1000...Happy unit today ..WOW !

Scotrod
04-28-2014, 08:05 PM
SWEET!!!
:banana:
Let the fun begin!
:yes:

F6B-RICH
04-28-2014, 08:07 PM
IT'S HERE !!! Ladies and Gentlemen, I am happy to let you know my Honda Gold Wing F6B (in Black) is in my garage - delivered today ! So far I've discovered it has added length on the pipes, which makes it sound a little deeper and throatier, different grips than stock and the seat has backrest for both pilot and passenger. Not sure I personally prefer the backrests but I'll put a few miles on it before I change seats. I really like the looks of the Mustang seat on this bike. It also has very nice highway pegs on it. So far those are my discoveries. I have to pay the great state of Colorado taxes to register it before I can legally ride but uh well I can hear the conversation now" But Officer,it's a new bike I couldn't resist a little jaunt around the corner just to check it out" And it's cold right now,but I have gear...
Aw hell, soon as rush hour is over,I'm going for a ride !
Just from pulling it up the driveway, if it wasn't obvious before, this is NOT my CBR1000...Happy unit today ..WOW !

:postpics:.batman-smilie.