PDA

View Full Version : Question for Garmin Zumo 660 owners

stepbill
03-24-2014, 06:53 PM
The power cradel the gets mounted to the bike, does the pin section have a weather cover that would protect them when the 660 is not on the bike? My 550 has this but the pins are on the bottom, not the back. Was wondering if this could be an issue?

unsub
03-24-2014, 07:03 PM
The power cradel the gets mounted to the bike, does the pin section have a weather cover that would protect them when the 660 is not on the bike? My 550 has this but the pins are on the bottom, not the back. Was wondering if this could be an issue?

Yes there is a plastic cover with the brand name on it. Note: it's easy to lose track of when it's off the mount, so make a habit of putting in a safe spot the moment you take it off!:icon_wink:

stepbill
03-24-2014, 08:08 PM
Yes there is a plastic cover with the brand name on it. Note: it's easy to lose track of when it's off the mount, so make a habit of putting in a safe spot the moment you take it off!:icon_wink:

Thanks a lot!!!!

unsub
03-24-2014, 08:20 PM
I added another pic so you can get the sense of what the pin cluster looks like uncovered.

stepbill as an aside when you buy the 660 package for example, included by Garmin is a car mount and a bike mount along with all the necessary cabling for power and audio connectivity to the bike and car. As well, the kit should come with the [RAM style] ball mount and associated hardware required to attach the GPS "bike" mount to your left or right reservoir handlebar clamp. Personally I went with the left side to have easier access the switched power plug that resides under the left cubby box.

These are premium kits and the price reflects that. But I think that the price is "reasonable" for the 6XX series considering all the hardware that is included. Not saying they are the "best" just saying that all the bases are covered in the box.

PM me if you need some install help.